• The closing ceremony for our Lunar New Year event has been posted! View the winning entries in the thread here. Thanks for joining us for this new TBT event. Be on the lookout for our next brand-new event, which will bid farewell to Animal Crossing: New Leaf online, coming soon!

Which of the 3 AC's do you prefer?

Wild World, by far! I also love the original that has so many fun features and events, but I like the gameplay and dialogs/interactions better in Wild World. City Folk didn't cut it for me; it just felt like a version 2.0 of Wild World. I'd like CF better if I hadn't already been playing WW.

City folk. The only reason being it was my first AC game, and I finished most of it. Whenever I play WW I keep noticing stuff that isn't in city folk and loose interest.

The Original.
it has that nostalgic feel to it, just like the first pokemon. i may have no idea as to why i love the series, but the first one started it all for me :gyroidsideways:. but my second is CF cause the original and CF because its the most popular game in my house, i mean besides wii sports and resort, everybody, except my dad plays it and its fun. but i still love WW for its portability and it was awesome living in a video game house with my brother :p ....but those damn acorns never go away! :mad:

Dudy said:
but those damn acorns never go away! :mad:
^ Pretty sure you can sell them to Nook for like 2 bells or something remarkable, or at least put them in the recycling bin at the town hall, if you're looking to get rid of them. I could be wrong, though :)

My fav is Wild World, since I never really got to fully enjoy the GC one.

Reason being, my Gamecube was at my other parent's house (divorce, tl;dr) and I wasn't able to keep things nice and pretty, so I was always picking weeds and stuff, and the game's nature didn't allow me to play it how I played every other game (AC being spread out in 10/20 minute intervals throughout the course of long periods of time, while my games being hours on end :p)

That, and its just more comfortable being able to walk around with the game, compared to being anchored down to one place.

Also, 2-4 people running around in your town in real time, who doesn't love that improvement?

City Folk is my least favored of them all.. bleh.

I like Wild World the best because of it's portability. Although I love Population Growing because it was the first AC game I ever played.

I've played all the AC games, and I have to say that I like City Folk the best. Sure it didn't change much, but it had the best Wifi and it had elements from the previous 2 AC games.

For me tie between original and City Folk because Original is best but no wifi wild world I couldn't use wife and City folk I could ^-^

Animal Crossing for the GC was the best by far. Like I've said before though, if Doubutsu no Mori e+ was released outside of Japan, that would probably be my favorite from what I've heard about it.

I bought the Original in 2004-ish and LOVED it. Bought Wild World and really, really liked it. City Folk was great, but like people said, it was Wild World 2.0 (Which isn't horrible - still a good game).

But I stopped playing for a long time. Guess which game I started another town in when I gained a little interest? The Original. So far, I've made 5 towns (2 of which were destroyed and another's memory card was lost). Wild World had 2, maybe 3 towns. City Folk had 1. I always find myself coming back to the Original, so I voted for that.

Wild World's my fave.
I played that one first, CF might have some different features but it's practically
the same as WW except that it isn't portable :veryhappy:

Back