• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Which is more offensive? Family Guy, or South Park?

What show is more offensive?

• Family Guy

Votes: 20 28.6%
  • South Park

Votes: 50 71.4%

• Total voters

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Green Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Snowflake Glow Wand
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Adult shows can be funny, but they also try to remain offensive, at least some of them. I can name a whole bunch of shows that crossed the line, but even they are not as long-standing as South Park or Family Guy.

The question isn’t implying what show you hate more, but the question is, which adult cartoon do you think is more offensive? Family Guy, or South Park?

Adult shows can be funny, but they also try to remain offensive, at least some of them. I can name a whole bunch of shows that crossed the line, but even they are not as long-standing as South Park or Family Guy.

The question isn’t implying what show you hate more, but the question is, which adult cartoon do you think is more offensive? Family Guy, or South Park?
But i love them both ;( though having watched almost every episode of both id have to say southpark, also southpark bigger longer and uncut (the movie) Is ….interesting...But like i really enjoyed it still, still one of my fav movies.

I think Family Guy is more offensive because it's dumber, South Park is harsher but it used to punch up so I'll give it them. And I grew up watching South Park, so I still have a fondness of like the first 16 seasons despite the obvious issues of certain (or most?) episodes. They used to be smarter.
Post automatically merged:

Personally I'm just glad adult shows went from Drawn Together to BoJack Horseman, what an upgrade.

I’m going with South Park.

Family Guy is more offensive than the Simpsons at worst, but South Park is creatively offensive, which is why I think the show is even more offensive than Family Guy. Even in the earlier episodes (which is now tame by today’s standards), they have crossed the line a couple of times (like when they said a bad word 162 times or the most evil thing Cartman has ever done on the show). Nowadays, they have gone even further on offensiveness, whether or not they have a good point on what the world has become.

I think South Park is a lot offensive or harsher than Family Guy. Both really suck but I at least enjoy one character from Family guy and that’s Stewie. I rather watch Bob’s Burgers.

love me some old south park, the messages in the episodes are pretty good lol

some of the early family guy episodes were good but most of its pretty unfunny imo

south park is probably the more offensive one by far but i'd recommend it much more than family guy lol

I still watch Family Guy but I haven't watched South Park since the first few seasons. If I remember correctly, South Park was far more blatant and in-your-face with its humor than Family Guy, though.

off topic but adult shows such as beevus and butthead, family guy, American dad, and others of that animation style seem so unsavory and grotesque to me D:

that being said I think South Park is actually gory so I picked that

from what I've seen South Park goes into much more depth for very touchy subjects (just playing the Stick of Truth showed me all I needed to see). The characters in South Park are also just more exaggerated and vulgar. Literally every sentence Cartman says has cursing or an insult in there. Family guy also goes into touchy subjects but it's much more mellow and less graphic

off topic but adult shows such as beevus and butthead, family guy, American dad, and others of that animation style seem so unsavory and grotesque to me D:

that being said I think South Park is actually gory so I picked that
I agree! South Park and Beevus and Butthead's art style gives me the creeps! I don't know what it is but it's just...creepy.

I love family guy and haven't really given south park a fair chance, so I voted south park

edit: misread the question but my answer still stands, I know south park is a bit more out there than family guy

Are we talking about worse as in more offensive or worse as in less entertaining and smart? Because South Park is more gorey and offensive but also much better in quality than Family Guy. I understand not everyone likes that type of humor and animation but SP has always used irreverence to actually try to say something meaningful so... yeah. I'd say Family Guy is worse.

Last edited:
South Park is more offensive and vulgar but it also talks about really heavy stuff sometimes.

Family Guy humour, to me, is the equivalent to a 14 year old learning about sex for the first time. Not to mention the violence in it is also of high school type violence.

Are we talking about worse as in more offensive or worse as in less entertaining and smart? Because South Park is more gorey and offensive but also much better in quality than Family Guy. I understand not everyone likes that type of humor and animation but SP has always used irreverence to actually try to say something meaningful so... yeah. I'd say Family Guy is worse.
South Park is just taking the piss out of everything which I love

family guy is just eh

Back