• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

What's your opinion on time traveling?

I do time travel but never more than a week and not to get special events early

I personally think TTing is in the same league as cloning.

But I like both so eh.

I've never time traveled, never will.

I participate in all the events, collect fish,bugs,items..enjoy the seasons all on the correct date & time.
With TT you can just get everything and it seems like a waste. There's no sense of accomplishment. (For me anyway.)

I enjoy playing it with the realism of day to day life c:

I don't particularly want to do it, but I'm not against doing it either. To be honest, I'm not against anything that anyone does! At the end of the day, the whole point of the game is to have fun! If your idea of fun is travelling through time in order to get items, grow trees faster, or generally make the atmosphere seem nicer, then so be it! I don't have anything against it at all!

This thread shouldn't exist. These discussions have been closed in the past.

I don't time travel but idgaf if others do. It's their game, they can play it how they wish, it doesn't effect me :)

I time travel sometimes, if I get bored and have free time. It helps me get villagers, and if I miss a special event (Like Toy Day) it allows me to go back to it.

I work odd hours so, if I'm working a night shift and know I won't be up until late, I'll TT forward to the morning (of the day I'm sleeping in). I get a bit OCD about it though so, if I TT forward and play until 11am that day, when I'm finished I'll reset my 3DS clock to the real date/time and won't play the game until after 11am the next day, so it doesn't mess stuff up.

Seriously, of all the games I've ever played I think AC has made me the most obsessive gamer ever!

I time-travel a lot. Actually... My game isn't even set to the correct date anymore. I'm playing in March 2013. I plan on playing through spring/summer forever, instead of doing the seasons. The reason I do this is because I live in a place that gets lots of snow, and I don't see snow as fun -- I think it's depressing. The dark sky in the winter depresses me in real life, and I couldn't stand seeing my town like that in my game, so I set my clock back to spring. I've been much happier since I started playing in spring. :) I understand why some people don't time travel, but I found it necessary to enjoy the game.

I time-travel a lot. Actually... My game isn't even set to the correct date anymore. I'm playing in March 2013. I plan on playing through spring/summer forever, instead of doing the seasons. The reason I do this is because I live in a place that gets lots of snow, and I don't see snow as fun -- I think it's depressing. The dark sky in the winter depresses me in real life, and I couldn't stand seeing my town like that in my game, so I set my clock back to spring. I've been much happier since I started playing in spring. :) I understand why some people don't time travel, but I found it necessary to enjoy the game.

I have a few spare towns that I'm building to cycle villagers but in my main town I NEED to do some TTing just to hit Tobit the hours where I can buy and sell. If I didn't set the clock to my schedule I would almost never be able to even shop. I would also miss some events.

In my cyclng towns I also have set different seasons. One is in winter, one is in summer. Even if I don't spend much play time in my cycling towns I do do the Bug-Off or fish tourney for fun sometimes.

But i haven't yet done Toy Day yet at all because my clock is set back. I was afraid of the Harvest Festival. :(.

I also have never played any other AC game before. Maybe I'll start a thread and asks a bit about them. I've never played on a regular DS before and am afraid that I won't be able to master the controls for the Wild World I just bought used. Either that or the controls will feel awkward to me compared to the 3DS. But I don't want to miss out on these previous games out of a silly fear or by thinking I can't master less smooth controls.

Right now I have no idea how TTing can ruin those games. If that means unlocking things too soon then I understand. I basically just want to be able to shop and have daylight hours in my game because my own hours are so erratic.

And yeah...to each his or her own! I cannot understand others judging how someone else wants to play. Or needs to play. Such judgmentalism is creepy to me, not to mention tyrannical. It's none of anyone else's business,really. It's my game and I'll do what I want or need to do. Period.

I've TT to get GracieGrace fashion checks overwith. I will sometimes change the time because a villager wants to visit my house or have me visit their place at a certain time, but I won't be playing IRL at that time. I don't change the date, but if others want to, I don't care. It's their game, they can do as they please.

I've time traveled before and I can say that I do like it. I've always been tempted to and on the verge of doing it in my town, but I've always been weary about what would happen to my town.
People do it and it's no big deal. They spent the money on the game, so they can play it how they want. I really don't know why people consider it to be cheating or a disgusting thing to do.
TTing can help people and such. :)

I only time travel to move out villagers I don't want. Right now I have 10 villagers and I'm a little bit scared of getting another one of my dreamies in my campsite again or having one pop up here and get voided because I can't take them. I always set it back to the original date because I do like winter. I don't love doing it because I lost so many villagers in my old town, but that's mostly because I wasn't careful.
I also do "light" TTing I guess because sometimes it'll be 2:00 p.m. or I get home from school and want to go beetle farming, so I'll set my DS to 7:00 or 8:00. The same goes for when I'm wide awake at 1:00 a.m. and want to make some trips to the island or visit the stores that I missed, so I'll set the clock to 4:00 p.m. or something.

I'd get bored if I TT'd. I unlocked all my shops in real time (I did TT for the last two Gracie fashion checks, because she took like 2 months for the first two and I don't have the fortune telling shop yet) so the only thing I could TT for is festivals. I will TT if I need to get a villager moved in or out, like yesterday, so I could get two of my favorite villagers while I had the chance. If I do TT, it's only a couple days in advance. I don't care if other people TT, but it's just not for me.

Like many have already said, there's no wrong way to play. However, it does bug me when some people do chastise others that do TT.

I have a town I cycle villagers in.
As for my main town I prefer not to TT just because I do like being on the proper
date/season in terms of actually playing....however if it's something small like to speed up getting a item delivery in the mail or to get a villager that's already moving out a little faster to clear a space then I sometimes do. Or of course if I've been gone all day and haven't had a chance to play with the shops open then I may go a few hours back on the same day. :3

Last edited:
Ugh okay, so the thing is, when I got the game, I accidentally set it a year behind and now I'm upset it isn't 2014. I've time traveled after New Years and I'm currently in March. I've really taken advantage of the time traveling thing but I feel like I'm not missing out on much. Once I get my town to real time, I'll stop time traveling... I hope D:

I TT a lot in the game, Mostly due to me not happy ith my town and resetting and TT'ing to where I was previously or when I did everything you pretty much can do in a day. (Like harvest your fruit,Hitting rocks,digging fossils).

I also TT forward due to my parents will probably take my game away due to me getting a D+ in a class :L

Back