• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Whats your Favorite TV show(s) growing up?

CylieDanny

🔥The Spicy Prince🔥
Bells
Island
Fuggire
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Fortune Cookie
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
I was babysitting a kid who subjected me to a remake of one of my favorite shows as a kid 😭 It was. Insulting for me. I loved the old version so much.

I mean its nostalgia right?

I grew up with alot of animate shows, Blues Clues, Magic School Bus, Henry's Amazing Animals, alot more.

What were your favorite shows as a kid? Or most memorable :)

magic school bus was DEF up there. also bill nye because of course. cartoon-wise, i loved spongebob and chowder. chowder, i think, came a lil later. i remember also liking max and ruby when i was really young.

My dad raised us on watching a bunch of his favorites, so Transformers <3, Thundercats, G.I. Joe, etc. Edit: I CANNOT BELIEVE I FORGOT HE-MAN AND SHE RA THOSE TOO I also like Sonic Underground, and I would watch Lab Rats a lot in elementary school. There’s a bunch others but Sonic Underground and Transformers are definitely my favorites from that time period. Also Dinosaur Train lol

Last edited:
My first favorite show was Spongebob. I started watching it at half a year old if I remember correctly! My uncle sent my mom a vhs or dvd (if those existed back then?) of this hilarious new-ish cartoon. My mom settled down to watch it and sat me in my bouncy chair facing towards her. When I heard the show come on, I went crazy, jumping up and down and making a commotion! So she turned me around and I absolutely loved it! It was my favorite show up until I was like 5. The funny part is I haven’t watched much of it since…In fact the next time I watched whole episodes again was in 2021 I think!

When I was 4, I loved Baby Looney Tunes because I was obsessed with Tweety. I usually forget that show existed!

When I was 5, I’d watch Dexter’s Laboratory every night, then eventually I started watching Johnny Bravo because it was on right after it and I wanted to stay up later watching cartoons >:} But I ended up loving it and those became my favorite shows for a while.

When I was 9, I mainly watched preschool shows, and Yo Gabba Gabba was my favorite. The show is full of artistic inspiration from its colorful characters to its animated stories and songs in different styles! (And so is Dexter’s Laboratory, honestly!)

When I was 9-10 I became obsessed with Adventure Time. I was kind of obsessed with voice acting at that time and wanted to be a VA for that show so bad!! And I had a ton of merch!

And when I was 12-ish, I was constantly watching Disney Channel. Good Luck Charlie and Dog With A Blog (I know the latter is unpopular, but I thought the mom and dad were really funny) were my faves.

Sorry for the long post, but I love to reminisce!

I was weirdly obsessed with Wonder Pets as a child. Other cartoon I enjoyed was Hey Arnold! I think that’s still an amazing cartoon and has aged very well. Some of the lessons and messages it teaches are still relevant to this day — maybe even more now than they were back then.

Kids Next Door is like, the first show I remember watching as a child. After that it's a long list of them that would take too long to write out here. But I've always preferred cartoons or anime over reality television (unless it's sports).

Most of the stuff on Cartoon Network (though I also liked some Nickelodeon and probably some other channels). Only thing I avoided was Disney. I was too cool for Disney at the time :cool:

My top 2 favorite shows as a kid were definitely The Powerpuff Girls (original) and Pokémon: Indigo League.

Also loved (in no particular order): Courage the Cowardly Dog, Hey Arnold, Invader Zim, CatDog, Dexter's Laboratory, Kids Next Door, All That, GUTS, Fairly OddParents, Jimmy Neutron, Chalkzone, Scooby Doo, Johnny Bravo, Spongebob.. I could go on and on lmao

Blues Clues is by far my favorite! I used to watch DVDs of that show when I was a toddler and loved it.

On Cartoon Network, I loved watching Johnny Test, Pokemon: Johto Journeys, and Chowder. When I was a kid, I used to wake up early in the morning to watch those shows.

I remember liking Avatar: The Last Airbender on Nickelodeon, but the other shows on that channel didn't appeal to me.

I also used to watch Dragon Tales as a child and loved it.

Most of the stuff on Cartoon Network (though I also liked some Nickelodeon and probably some other channels). Only thing I avoided was Disney. I was too cool for Disney at the time :cool:

My top 2 favorite shows as a kid were definitely The Powerpuff Girls (original) and Pokémon: Indigo League.

Also loved (in no particular order): Courage the Cowardly Dog, Hey Arnold, Invader Zim, CatDog, Dexter's Laboratory, Kids Next Door, All That, GUTS, Fairly OddParents, Jimmy Neutron, Chalkzone, Scooby Doo, Johnny Bravo, Spongebob.. I could go on and on lmao
Im glad I wasnt the only one who avoided the disney channel 🤗

I loved Fraggle Rock as a kid. Best thing ever. One of these days I'm gonna check out the new show.

1. The Flintstones
2. Blue's Clues
3. Dexter's Lab
4. Ed Edd'n Eddy
5. The Powerpuff Girls
6. Courage the Cowardly Dog
7. Scooby Doo Where Are You?
8. Johnny Bravo
9. Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends
10. Codename Kids Next Door

At first it was cartoons then it became anime. I tended to like superhero shows amd more action. Toonami used to be after I got home from school but was moved up to the night slot. Thats also how I came to know some Adult Swim shows and anime.

Here are few of the cartoon shows I liked in no particular order:
Scooby Doo, Thundercats, SwatKats, The Justice League, Batman: The Animated Series, Avatar: The Last Airbender

Here is some anime I liked in no particular order: Dragonball & DBZ, Inuyasha, Rurouni Kenshin, YuYu Hakusho, Evangelion, and Digimon seasons 1, 2 and 3 (4 was bad)

Despite liking Pokemon as a game, I hated the anime. I thought Ash should have been Red but I ended up not watching it at all after Gold got snubbed for Ash again.

my favorites were spongebob and icarly. i also used to watch whatever came on nick jr. even though i was like 10 and was past their intended age demographic.

on cartoon network i liked tom and jerry, sonic boom, and sometimes the amazing world of gumball but that’s all really, i was more of a nickelodeon kid.

i never watched anything on the disney channel or disney xd (except the yo kai watch anime) i always thought disney’s shows were kind of boring.

Last edited:
I watched a ton of TV as a kid. The shows I watched the most were Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents since they aired the most. My overall favorites were iCarly, Chowder, Avatar: The Last Airbender, and The Misadventures of FlapJack. They didn't air as often, but I always looked forward to them.

Back