• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

What's Your Favorite Anime?

fist of the north star will probably always be my favourite, its so dumb but it gets really good.
evangelion, akira and gurren lagann are up there too

I don't think I've watched any anime series after I finished elementary and I'd say my favorite would be Yu-Gi-Oh, the original one. I've watched a few anime movies but I feel like I've forgotten what I liked 🤔

I really loved Shokugeki no Souma!

Another good one is Love Live: School Idol Project.

I'm about to start Steins;Gate too, and I've heard very good things about that one as well ^^ So that might be another favorite soon >w<​

Sailor Moon is all time fav! I was emotionally invested in that series from a young age, and I've rewatched the original series countless times. Season 5 is probably my favorite season and arc. I never minded how the original anime and manga had some differences. Sailor Moon Crystal has some pros and cons with the new artwork, but I would say they've improved as it's progressed and I'm looking forward to the Dream arc to come out!

Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Magia Record are some other magical girl animes I got invested in! I'm waiting for season 2 of Magia Record currently, I play the mobile game off and on. They had some pretty dark twists. The manga spin-offs are some good reads too.

Mirai Nikki, Elfen Lied, and Tokyo Ghoul are worth mentioning, too. Ghost Hunt was a spooky series I watched on Netflix years ago, but it's been taken off since then.

On a lighter note, Nagi no Asukara had some amazing artwork and a good storyline.

I have a couple favorites, but magical girls and psychological themes are def my go-to's.

My favorite anime is Sailor Moon. I was into it when I was 6 and it would play every morning before school and it just stuck with me ever since.

My favorite anime atm is One Piece (I also love the manga). I’m behind since I stopped sometime during sometime during the reverie episodes since the repeated flashbacks just annoyed me. I’m also behind on the manga now as well.

I also love Attack on Titan but am putting that on hold since I watched that with friends and even when watching it with them, my anxiety gets really bad ><. also, not sure if I want to keep watching if something happens to another favorite character of mine like people keep putting in troll posts on twitter and reddit. Hiroshi Kamiya and Daisuke Ono are GOAT to me for Japanese voice actors.

Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex & 2nd Gig and Fullmetal Alchemist are both also on top of my list. I only watched the anime and both I actually watched dubbed. The voice acting is just absolutely phenomenal.

Drifters: Waiting for the second season of this one. I love their take on historical figures. There is a lot of Japanese jokes/references that I wish I understood but while I am a history enthusiast, I didn’t take a lot of classes on Asian history.

GTO: Just love this series (manga was better but anime was still hilarious) and Steve Blum. Steve Blum is my favorite voice actor of the English cast. I love how much expression he uses in his voice. 😊 GOAT.

Durarara: first anime that I watched and heard Daisuke Ono in and perhaps Hiroshi Kamiya as well since I watched this series before I watched AOT and One Piece. I usually don’t care much for Slice of life anime but this one is great.

Fate Zero: I don’t like the rest of the Fate Series; I liked Unlimited Blade Works but story could have been better. A good story is what i like about anime and Fate Zero’s was the best of the different Fate shows as well as movies (didn’t like fate grand order at all or heaven’s feel part one sadly) in my opinion. Story was great, characters was great, fight scenes were great. 😊

Of the completed series, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood are my go to answer. I watched the 2003 first and I still like it for what they had to work with at the time. Her other series Silver Spoon is also great.
I also like Mob Psycho 100, never read it though. Your Lie in April is so sad.
Hunter x Hunter (manga is better, and I need to read his other works)

There's a few ongoing ones that I really like to but I'm reserving judgement until they finished like:
Boku no Hero Academia
Haikyuu
Kimetsu no Yaiba

I'm more of a manga reader than an anime reader so I already know the ending of the last two so it's a matter of how faithful they stay and if they make any changes.

Tokyo Ghoul and Elfen Lied were the first two anime’s I got introduced to and I loved them both. Another one I really enjoyed was Blue Exorcist. I don’t watch that many anime’s anymore so I’m hoping by reading everyone else’s recommendations I’ll get into it again

Saber Marionette J series (super obscure). I'd watch it in Spanish in Mexico on a channel called "Locomotion". I'm not too sure why I loved it but I genuinely did.

The OST is fantastic IMO.

Last edited:
Nana is the best! You should try giving Ai Yazawa's other works a try if you haven't already, OP. Paradise Kiss and Gokinjo Monogatari are great shows.

My all time favorites are probably NANA as well! NGE of course, HxH, Naruto, Kaiji, Shigurui, FLCL, Princess Tutu...gosh this is getting too long I should just stop.

My favorite anime by far is the twelve kingdoms. It's an isekai that was ahead of its time. It has great world building, lore based on mythology, and a protagonist who had a hard time adjusting to life on another world. I could talk about it all day. :) My second favorite is Serial Experiments: Lain, one of the first anime I have ever watched. It's very cerebral, so some thought is required to watch it and understand the plot.

Anime are either really **** or really good in my experience but the best ones 4 me have 2 b Cowboy Bebop and Psycho Pass

Deadman Wonderland would've been one of the best if it didn't get cancelled and have a super abrupt ending

Best ones I have seen:

- Hunter x Hunter
- Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic/Kingdom of Magic
- Violet Evergarden
- Dragon Ball Z Kai
- Code Geass
- Death Note
- Attack on Titan
- Erased
- Death Parade
- The Promised Neverland

I think these ones are very flushed out well in terms of story and characters (well except DBZ Kai story wise that is entertaining in a different way). It's really hard to pick favorites because I've watched so many, but these stick out the most to me. I just recently started watching DBZ Kai from start to finish. I was never this involved in the series before but I can now see why it is universally loved.

My favorite anime is Fruits Basket, both original and remake! Also, I love K-On, Pretty Rhythm, Sailor Moon, and Shugo Chara

Nagi No Asukara or A Lull in the Sea! So happy it's on Netflix now so other people can enjoy it too!

Back