• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

What was your childhood game?

I've always, always, always been a pokemon kid. When I was super little, I remember waking up in the morning to watch the show with my sister on Saturdays. I kind of lost interest with it until I was in middle school, but my friend gave me FireRed and I started playing and LOVED IT! Since then, I've bought a version of every game released from HeartGold to OmegaRuby. Apart from AC, pokemon is easily my favorite game, and I'm pretty glad I stuck with it after my friend gave me that copy of FireRed! I get totally into the games, I'm pretty sure I finished OmegaRuby in a week or two, and I was especially thrilled when I got rayquaza (my all time favorite legendary pokemon).

The original Spyro trilogy for playstation = 3=
My first ever videogames, and still probably my favorites : P

Spyro: Year of the Dragon
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage
Super Mario World
Donkey Kong Country

& two Crash Bandicoot games that escape me now..

This is all I can remember now. Such nostalgia, sigh.

Edit:
Thought of some other ones - Mortal Kombat for N64 and Pok?mon Stadium.

Last edited:
Well there was a lot of them.

The Humongous Entertainment games, the Zelda games on Gamecube/N64, some Mario games on the Gamecube, Dr. Mario 64, Ape Escape 1, Freaking Super Smash Bros. Melee, Pokemon Channel (A guilty pleasure of mine), A Bug's Life PS1, Pikmin 1 & 2, & probably one other game that I can't remember at the moment.

Last edited:
First game ever to get me hooked is a game for DOS called "Supaplex", a puzzle game and a clone for "Boulder Dasher". You play as Murphy, a pacman like thing, on a circuit board. Goal is simply to collect a number of triple circle disks (infontrons) and reach the end. Unlike Boulder Dash, there is no time limit, and the game's difficulty comes from the levels' puzzles rather than how fast you play. The game was really fun, and the levels designs were really creative.

The second game that got me hooked was Mario 64. I had really good time with that game XD. Then I was introduced to Zelda through a Link To The Past, and played The Ocarina of time after that. Kirby 64, Paper Mario 64 and Smash 64 were other games I played as a child too.

Kirby Air Ride! I remember when I'd play it all the time with my brother (Like every other childhood game, lol.) and sometimes my friends would come over to play it with us. A lot of the time we just did Free-Roam, but it was always fun doing the races and battles, too.

I remember we'd play Super Smash Bros. Melee, Tekken Tag Tournament, and some junky Tony Hawk PSP game we'd play from time to time. I'm sure that there's more, just not any that I can remember.

- e: Oh, and also this one Naruto fighting game. Can't remember what it was called, but we all played that, too.

Last edited:
Kingdom Hearst ;w; Many a night was spent playing it with my uncle when I was very little and I wish I could go back because those were some of my favorite times.

Animal Crossing: City Folk. I played it for a full year. In second, Mariokart Wii. I played it since my cousins introduced me to it in '08.

CTR (Crash Team Racing) & Crash Bandicoot 3 Time Warp on the Playstation. I freaking loved Crash Bandicoot.

It was Sunset Riders when I was really young (6-ish probably), and then Banjo-Kazooie when that came out (I think I was 9 or 10).

Zoo Tycoon Complete Collection PC, I don't think I was even playing the game right but I still loved it~

At first I would play The pink panther on PC (The one where you have a silicon thing to put on the keyboard for the game), and humongous entertainment games on PC (Put-put to the zoo, freddi fish, and pajama sam). Later on I think it was Harvest Moon on gameboy advance, midtown madness on PC (I had a steering wheel to play it, mouahahaha), sierra home architect (I know it's not really a game, but I used to enjoy making houses and putting furniture in it), and Animal Crossing: Population Growing.

I would replay most of these, except maybe the pink panther, lol.

I played Toontown for a good amount of time from around 6 years old, and am playing ToonTown Rewritten! (Barely 1 hour a week now)

I remember getting our first Atari and I loved to play Centipede and Space invaders. Then when I was in highschool it was the first Mario Game on the NES. :D

Midtown Madness 3 on Xbox
Nicktropilios or whatever on nick.com
The Sims on PC and Xbox
Spyro: Attack of the Rhinos GBA
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories GBA
My Sims series on DS
Marvel: Rise of the Imperfects on Xbox

Back