• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

What ordinance will your island be?

What will your island ordinance be?

• Beautiful Island Ordinance

Votes: 30 23.4%
  • Night Owl Ordinance

Votes: 49 38.3%
  • Early Bird Ordinance

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • Bell Boom Ordinance

Votes: 19 14.8%
  • I’m not sure yet. / I’m not getting the update.

Votes: 17 13.3%

• Total voters

Croconaw

アリゲイツ
Bells
Nintendo announced the return of island ordinances during the Direct. I was wondering what ordinance your island will be. It seems that beautiful island (or town in the predecessors) ordinance was the most common in the previous game. I personally prefer the night owl ordinance. Here are the list of ordinances and what will happen if you choose them, for reference:

Beautiful Island Ordinance: The island's default setting, allowing for varied villager activity.
Early Bird Ordinance: Villagers are most active early in the morning.
Night Owl Ordinance: Villagers are more active late at night.
Bell Boom Ordinance: All purchase and sale prices increase by 20%.

I am curious to see the variety, or lack of variety, we will have.

Last edited:
So does the Beautiful Island Ordinance have nothing to do with flowers in this game? I was leaning towards that one since I'm trying to breed a lot of hybrids from scratch, but if it won't help with that, I'd probably go with the Bell Boom.
I myself am a night owl, however, at least some villagers always seem to stay up pretty late anyway, so I don't feel like I absolutely need any changes there.
Is this a one time choice or can you change your mind down the line?

I will most likely go with night owl ordinance since I play mostly at night when I get home. I am curious about the beautiful island ordinance. In NL it made it so you don’t have to water flowers anymore I wonder if you changed ordinances would your flowers now die if not watered?

So does the Beautiful Island Ordinance have nothing to do with flowers in this game? I was leaning towards that one since I'm trying to breed a lot of hybrids from scratch, but if it won't help with that, I'd probably go with the Bell Boom.
I myself am a night owl, however, at least some villagers always seem to stay up pretty late anyway, so I don't feel like I absolutely need any changes there.
Is this a one time choice or can you change your mind down the line?
Unfortunately, nothing to do with flowers in this game from what I’ve read. The definitions are for what they do in this particular game, New Horizons. I am pretty sure you are able to change your ordinance and it isn’t a locked thing.

bell boom or night owl!! im very poor so ill put it on bell boom for a while and just farm fruits or do whatever else that gives bells, and i normally play in the evenings so night owl is what ill probably set my island to once i save up enough ^^

I'd have to go with Night Owl, followed by Bell Boom if I wanted more Bells for new PCs.
The old Beautiful Town Ordinance is pretty much useless in this game. Weeds and trash have a purpose now for DIYs. Flowers never wilt. They might have a new purpose for Beautiful Island Ordinance with villager activity and maybe something that we don't know yet.

Unfortunately, nothing to do with flowers in this game from what I’ve read. The definitions are for what they do in this particular game, New Horizons. I am pretty sure you are able to change your ordinance and it isn’t a locked thing.
That's a little unfortunate, but thanks for answering^^ I guess I'll just go with the Bell Boom then and possibly change it down the line if anything else turns out to be more suitable.

I’m unclear about what the benefits of the Beautiful Island Ordinance are in this game. In ACNL, I felt like I had to go for that one for the sake of my flowers, but if the ordinance isn’t as necessary this time around, I might go for Night Owl. I have a really hard time making it home in time to play before the store closes most nights, and I would appreciate a little more flexibility.

Night owl for sure. I have no use for any of the others but one of the things that always bothered me was not being able to go in shops when I'm playing late at night.

Night owl if I have to go bug catching or fishing at the mystery islands so I can come back and sell to Nook's. Otherwise, beautiful ordinance for no grass and roaches since I time travel too.

Night Owl because of the hours I work in my current job. I may switch to Beautiful Island after I leave my job depending on what it does though.

Really depends on what the Beautiful Island ordinance does. Otherwise, probably the Bell Boom ordinance.

Night owl. I usually play around midnight and lazy and normal villagers usually go to sleep at 11 and 12, so this is a welcome addition.

I long for an ordinance that prevents my flowers from reproducing at lightning speed. My beach is already overwhelmed with hybrids!

I long for an ordinance that prevents my flowers from reproducing at lightning speed. My beach is already overwhelmed with hybrids!
Same. I hate how fast they spread. The only solution is placing a transparent pattern around the ones you don’t want to spread, but that’s too tedious. There should be a more efficient solution to this.

Bell Boom seems to make the most sense for me.
I don’t really care for early bird or night owl since I time travel to my favorite times anyways. The beautiful town is big no, since I like my little roach critters. That only leaves me with the Bell Boom, unless they add new options.

Now that flowers dont die what the hell is beautiful going to do? Will your flowers sparkle all the time with or without watering? Will there be no weeds anymore? Can you not trample flower petals at all and run freely? Will that mean we don't fish out trash? I really want to know tbh.

Bell Boom, unless Beautiful Town is particularly great. I time travel if it's the wrong timing anyway so I doubt a few hours difference would change particularly when I don't specifically just play in the morning OR nighttime anyway.

Now that flowers dont die what the hell is beautiful going to do? Will your flowers sparkle all the time with or without watering? Will there be no weeds anymore? Can you not trample flower petals at all and run freely? Will that mean we don't fish out trash? I really want to know tbh.
Exactly my thoughts on that. The description for the beautiful island ordinance is very vague and doesn’t really have anything significant. Villagers have varied activity anyway. It doesn’t make much sense.

Back