• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

What Nintendo franchise would work as a movie?

Propaganda Man

Bells
With the recent addition of Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn to my Wii game collection (2) I have been wondering for a while what Nintendo franchise would make the best movie in Canada and America.

Let's go through it franchise by franchise:

Mario: It's been done and is regretted by everyone.

Metroid: A lot of people want this to be a movie. I can see why with the guns and the explosions but I don't think it would be a successful movie. I haven't played the games. However, I have been told it is basically just a bounty hunter by herself killing things. The only person who really should be the only star in a movie is Will Smith.

Zelda: I can see this. The story is there. I definitely see this as a possibility to be successful. I think it depends on what Zelda game they base it on. If it is TP, then yes. Windwaker...NO.

Animal Crossing:There is a movie made of this already and I just don�t think it could be popular over here. (It is a Japanese Anime)

Fire Emblem: This is a definite yes. After playing both console Fire Emblems I can assure you that this would make a good and most likely successful movie. With most of the story being told by text you may not feel any intensity whatsoever. I can agree with you on that. However, with the few actual cut scenes it has, intensity is a factor. No question about it.

Another reason why this would do well is because it isn�t as widely known as Zelda and Mario. People unfortunately recognize video games as nerdy and Nintendo as kiddy. A lesser known franchise, yet equally great, would bring a greater number of audiences assuming the movie is well made.

What is your take on other Nintendo franchises and how successful they would be as a movie?

http://www.the-bell-tree.com/blogs/ben-m.p..._from=&ucat=33&

Well FE would definitely work as a movie. There's a Zelda movie in the works last time I checked.

As for anything else Super Paper Mario would work as a book.

OddCrazyMe said:
Well FE would definitely work as a movie. There's a Zelda movie in the works last time I checked.

Super Paper Mario as a book; heh.

OddCrazyMe said:

The Zelda movie being made isn't going to be in theaters from the photos I've seen.

http://www.legendofzeldaseries.com/images/.../fanmovie24.jpg
http://www.legendofzeldaseries.com/images/.../fanmovie12.jpg
http://www.legendofzeldaseries.com/images/.../fanmovie43.jpg

http://www.legendofzeldaseries.com/main.ph...vietrailer.html

I don't see it having more than underground success for die hard fans.

I don't think there should ever be another movie based of Nintendo's franchise. I could only love The Super Mario Bros. so much, I couldn't take another movie like that.

Yeah, Metroid would not work because it's one person getting power ups and fighting guys. However, Zelda would work great, and Mario that would work, I don't know why you're basing it on the movie that was made so long ago, it was when there were no special effects and no monsters (bowser and the koopas and goombas were actual people, well mutants). I can't say anything about FE, since I don't know anything abou *CEN-8.4-SORD*.

With the recent addition of Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn to my Wii game collection (2) I have been wondering for a while what Nintendo franchise would make the best movie in Canada and America.

Let's go through it franchise by franchise:

Mario: It's been done and is regretted by everyone.

The original move was terrible. Maybe they could remake it and make it CGI.

Metroid: A lot of people want this to be a movie. I can see why with the guns and the explosions but I don't think it would be a successful movie. I haven't played the games. However, I have been told it is basically just a bounty hunter by herself killing things. The only person who really should be the only star in a movie is Will Smith.

Condense the MP trilogy into one movie. If that's still plotless make up your own story not based on the game, just characters.

Zelda: I can see this. The story is there. I definitely see this as a possibility to be successful. I think it depends on what Zelda game they base it on. If it is TP, then yes. Windwaker...NO.

Twilight Princess all the way.

Animal Crossing:There is a movie made of this already and I just don�t think it could be popular over here. (It is a Japanese Anime)

I agree with you

Fire Emblem: This is a definite yes. After playing both console Fire Emblems I can assure you that this would make a good and most likely successful movie. With most of the story being told by text you may not feel any intensity whatsoever. I can agree with you on that. However, with the few actual cut scenes it has, intensity is a factor. No question about it.

Epic plot, epic game=epic movie

Kirby: It could be ok, yet Kirby doesn't talk. If it was a movie it would be closer to the Anime.

Another reason why this would do well is because it isn�t as widely known as Zelda and Mario. People unfortunately recognize video games as nerdy and Nintendo as kiddy. A lesser known franchise, yet equally great, would bring a greater number of audiences assuming the movie is well made.

What is your take on other Nintendo franchises and how successful they would be as a movie?

http://www.

Super_Naruto said:
Yeah, Metroid would not work because it's one person getting power ups and fighting guys. However, Zelda would work great, and Mario that would work, I don't know why you're basing it on the movie that was made so long ago, it was when there were no special effects and no monsters (bowser and the koopas and goombas were actual people, well mutants). I can't say anything about FE, since I don't know anything abou *CEN-8.4-SORD*.
How would Mario work? Actually, how would it even get off the ground and be made? I don't think there is a director out there willing to direct a Mario movie and expect a future out of it.

I agree with every detail of this post and can't argue. I especially want to point out that Will Smith should be the only actor allowed to act period cause he's so damn funny, Tingle's Rose-Colored Rupee Land would be an awesome movie, and Fire Emblem would be the best. Star Fox would be a great sci-fi for fans of Star Trek and that.

They should try to make a new Mario movie. Or, they could make a movie that includes all the Nintendo franchise. It could be called Nintendo: The Movie.

dragonflamez said:
I was gonna say Pokemon, but then I realized I pwned myself.
LOLOLOLO DX
Re-watching the Pokemon movies now I find myself enjoying them. They bring back memories to say the least and remind me of my first Nintendo game (Pokemon Blue).

Melee201 said:
They should try to make a new Mario movie. Or, they could make a movie that includes all the Nintendo franchise. It could be called Nintendo: The Movie.
JUST NO.
WALK AWAY, MAN.

Really, any series could work, if they do it right.

That's assuming they know how to do it right, seeing as what the Mario movie was like...

The Animal Crossing movie was quite good... but I can't really see a non-AC fan liking it.

Back