• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.

What kind of letters do you write your villagers?

My letters come in four flavors:
1. "Welcome to Roost. I'm writing you a nice thoughtful letter so when you show me it constantly, which will happen, I'll actaully enjoy looking at it."
2. "Please put this furniture in your house, thanks."
3. "Please put on this shirt, thanks."
4. "Hey, I want your picture and I have extra paper from writing letter types 2 and/or 3 to other villagers. So here is a long silly statement. I hope your friendship level goes up."

I should probably write nicer ones so that it'll be more interesting to look at when they always show me them. At the moment I usually just write them when I'm attaching something to up the friendship level, and I just always say "Here this is for you" or something similar.

I never write to them really.. :/ Once I stop focusing on designing my town so much I can pay attention to my villagers lol

mine are so terrible

"to villager

follow me on tumblr!!
-tumblr url here-

from austin"

"to villager

yolo swag B)

from austin"

few of many terrible examples

if i care i'll write something nice i guess like "i've been reading 1q84 by murakami"

Last edited:
One time I wrote to Tank

"You have a big head and it's cute, here's a t-shirt."
he never showed me the letter tho :(

After reading this thread I feel awful.

I do write them really obvious stuff like Gorila, Frog and such.
Only wrote "I love you" too all of them once which was the only nice thing I wrote to them.

I generally write long, drawn out letters to my villagers. The time I wrote the most was after my first island trip when the Bell Boom was enacted. I came back to Qvaria with over 400,000 Bells, so I sent all of my villagers a letter with 10,000 Bells attached.

Other than that, I generally only send letters when I'm really bored or to villagers I really like. It's hard to say I have a favourite personality (that's the way I tended to operate in Wild World; I only sent letters to a certain personality) but I'd say the cranky ones are my favourite, and they usually get my letters since they seem more mature of mind than the other personalities.

I write letters maybe once a month to all my villagers. If one is ill like Gwen is now I send them a "sorry your are sick, get well soon" letter. I always sent compliment letters to my faves or just send a letter on a topic they have talked about. I just wrote to all my villagers yesterday.

Omg I just sent a letter to Graham telling him to move out because he's blocking where I want to build a bridge, and then 2 hours after I sent that letter he pings me and say's he's going to move out the 23rd XD

Coincidence?? I guess lol

One that Felicity loves to show me all the time is:
'Dear Felicity,
I am being a good friend by initiating contact through written notes."

Stuff Like that basically. I am also sometimes rude and sarcastic (since I can get away with it without consequences:p)

woundrous words

Do ya cplike waffles?

Hay hay hay a huh huh huh! Cube pls take this

Dear chrissy that shirt looks horrendous pls wear this

dear goose pls make your house suck less

etc

I write embarrassing soppy stuff with lots of "best friend", "buddy", "pal", "let's hang out soon!" etc etc...because I heard ages ago that villagers send you better replies/gifts if you use words like that. I always write welcome letters to new villagers, but generally I don't write that often now I've got the gold badge ^^

To the ones I don't like, I typically make a joke about eating them. Particularly cows, it's been a while since I had steak.

To the ones I do like, I send flowers and a paragraph of dark humor.

I used to write proper letters with proper grammar and all, but now I've lost the will to write them. When I do, it's something random or pointless, but I always fill the available space. I've noticed that villagers get fussy when you write super short, lazy letters to them.

I am so embarrassed to admit this, but I legit write letters to my villagers. Sometimes about my day, sometimes about why I think they'd like whatever I'm gifting them, sometimes about how happy I am with them in my town. Totally lame I know, but I do it lol

I write embarrassing soppy stuff with lots of "best friend", "buddy", "pal", "let's hang out soon!" etc etc...because I heard ages ago that villagers send you better replies/gifts if you use words like that. I always write welcome letters to new villagers, but generally I don't write that often now I've got the gold badge ^^

I wrote again to my villagers today. I can't believe it because I hate writing them letters with the crappy little stylus and my keyboard which seems to like to actually print the letter next to it and not the one I hit... Anyway, you got a gold badge? How many have you written? OMG... you amaze me!

Back