• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

What is your favorite "unpopular" villager?

I’m not for sure who all is considered unpopular but in my island I’ve had a few villagers that I’ve seen that are considered unpopular. Octavian and Chops are two I can think off off the top of my head that I’ve had, and even though they aren’t my favorites of the “unpopulars” I really like them, especially Octavian. ☺️ He’s cranky but he has a good heart, he and Marina seemed to really like each other too. They always hung out together, would run into each other and talk despite being on opposite sides of the island and had a good time when they did talk or hang out.

I absolutely adore Clay, but see him regularly put down in forums. When I first got him, I laughed at how he looked like a Mexican wrestler, but all of his comments and letters are so completely random that he always cracks me up-from always sharing things with the bugs in his house to well, I can't remember, because he's delightfully random and unexpected. He's a joy!

Attachments

• Clay_NH.png
    Clay_NH.png
    177.3 KB · Views: 8
There are a lot of villagers I like that simply aren't popular. But I also have some that I like that most people seem to genuinely dislike. Those include:

Marcie! She's so sweet and maternal. And I like her eyes. I also love her cute little Joey. I realize she's super feminine and could see how she might be a lot, though. I got her as a random move-in and fell in love. She was on my island for a very long time, and I'm hoping to re-add her to my restarted island eventually. Right now I'm doing a play through where I'm trying as many villagers as possible, but I know my island won't feel complete without Marcie on it. Preferably with a park next to her house for her Joey to play in.

Marcie_NH.png

Greta. She's consistently at the very bottom of tier lists. Greta's based on a traditional Japanese theatre mask. Kabuki and Shino are also based on theatre masks, but are much more popular than Greta. I like the idea of getting all 3 of them in a town at some point. I actually first saw Greta on a tier list. I like to look at the very bottom of tier lists, and there she was. And I thought, "actually, she's pretty cute".
Greta_NH.png

Rilla. She's trying so hard to be a pretty Peppy, but she's still so ugly. I want to cheer her efforts on (and/or laugh). Plus, she's has a baboon butt. Totally see why people wouldn't like her, though. I got her in a Sanrio amiibo card pack. I only scanned her to get her furniture items, because I hated her design on the card. But once I interacted with her in-game and saw her animated I thought she was so funny, and I still think so.
rilla_nh.png

Jitters. I like to think of him as the jock that's overworked himself, and has had way too many energy drinks. I think the jock dialogue is hilarious with him. I started seeing him around at dream addresses I visit every now and then. He's also another that I like better in-game than from just a picture.
Jitters_NH.png

Bud is really cool to me, and goes especially well with the tropical island feel of New Horizons. Honestly don't get why he's so unpopular. My husband had him as his first Jock. I sought him out at a Nook Miles Island and had him move in, even though I generally try not to have the same villagers as friends/family I couldn't resist Bud.
NpcNmlLon00.png

Last edited:
I have a few favorite unpopular villagers! In alphabetical order, they are:

Antonio
Avery
Baabara
Bubbles
Cranston
Diva
Gaston
Hazel
Hopper
Mira
Moe
Naomi
Olaf
Ricky
Rodeo
T-Bone

I suppose that’s more than a few…

I don't know how popular he is, but I love Stinky! He was a starter on my New Leaf town and he appeared as a camper on my New Horizons island, so I scooped him up ^^

I had a few unpopular villagers I really liked in New Leaf. Jitters and Pate were two of my starters who stuck around for a while, and Groucho was 1 of 2 of my starters to never leave. I also had Mathilda, who I remember was the host of my first birthday party.

I also had a few unpopular villagers in Wild World (although, I'm not sure how popular they were during that time). Poncho and Bud were among my favs in my first ever town. I ended up getting Bud in my first New Horizons town, and I enjoyed having him there as well.

Regardless, I try to give all the villagers that move into my town a chance. I don't really care too much about what other people think of villagers nor do I let it influence my opinions of who I like or who I want in my town.

I love Elvis, the cranky lion! I never see anyone talk about him. He's definitely not on anyone's popular list, and he's not ugly or weird enough to be ironically loved either. Some tier lists I see forget to include him entirely...

My favorite is Lulu, She moved out of my town recently and I miss her
.View attachment 485734

I have Lulu in my GameCube too. I actually specifically manipulated the villagers so my entire town is villagers that still haven’t been able to escape the GameCube prison. So I have villagers like Belle, Bessie, Dozer, Lulu, Marcy, Nosegay, Quetzal… I love em.

I have Lulu in my GameCube too. I actually specifically manipulated the villagers so my entire town is villagers that still haven’t been able to escape the GameCube prison. So I have villagers like Belle, Bessie, Dozer, Lulu, Marcy, Nosegay, Quetzal… I love em.
I wish I could do that, I want lulu back

Clyde!

Clyde_HHD.png

I used to be a horse girl when I was a kid so I guess I'm partial to the horses in AC. He reminds me of a toy with his button eyes. He likes cute clothes and looks pretty good in pink!

I had Rodeo as an autofill, and he just grew on me after a while, though I did eventually kick him out for Judy.

Barold showed up at my campsite, and when I talked to him, I didn't expect him to be lazy but he was, and I have a soft spot for lazy villagers, so I spent two hours getting him. I later kicked him out for Sasha, then I adopted him through a TBT cycling service a couple of months later, and he's stayed ever since

I have a couple that I really like that I don’t see much hype for.

Nate being the first one. Bears are my favorite animal, so I tend to go for them and the cubs.
Nate seems to be one of the less popular, but I just find him really adorable. He isn’t on my island currently, as I have 4 bears and want some variety.

Eunice is another. The sheep are so cute, and Eunice was a favorite when I played in New Leaf. I recently finished up her vacation home, and I’m so tempted to move her into my island.

When i checked on tier lists, i was very surprised to see Flora and Julia in a middle ground and Gladys so low ! I think they are so so pretty, they always end up on my Island eventually.

Murphy and Butch i wasn't to surprised with their ranking. Love my Cranky boys ✨♥️

EDIT: Must add Knox to the lot, i love him so much, i'm so temped to make a dnd party theme villagers in just for him.

And just found how low Nibbles rank D:

Last edited:
I have so many!! My top 3 is probably Puddles obviously, Pudge and Simon, in no particular order :) I've had all of them before and I hope I can find them again at some point! Curly has also been growing on me recently, I've never had him but I think he's soo adorable and now I kind of really want him too 🐷

Also hehe I just invited Angus to my island! He was one of those villagers I didn't have much of an opinion on before, but then I saw him on a mystery island and just thought he was so cool!

Back