• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

What is your favorite accessory or headgear?

I wear the braided wig pretty much at all times, to the extent that I often forget that it is an accessory. I just don't really like any of the available hairstyles, and while I don't necessarily like that my hair is braided ALL the time, I still like it more than the given hair selection.

I keep the bun wig around in my home storage too, if just to change things up now and again. But overall, my default is the braids.

There are many great ones available! Though I must say that both the flashy hairpin and the hibiscus hairpin are really sweet, I like being able to wear flowers. Especially since I often wear a flower hair clip in my hair in real life too, so it feels fitting. The bunny hood is great too!

Hard to choose just one but so far I'll have to go with Celeste's bow or princess zelda headgear

I have quite a few favorite AC:NL accessories and headgears. Current favorites are:

accessories
tortoise specs
aviator shades
bandage
doctor's mask
superhero mask

headgears
hair-bow wig
celebration hat
moon hairpin
Celeste ribbon
Kiki and Lala pin

The King's beard without a doubt. My character is not complete without it. I really hope it'll be included in New Horizons as well.

i luv the heart/star bopper, celeste ribbon, halo, and moon hairpin! i think u can guess my aesthetic

I have too many accessories that I like, but recently I've come to love Celeste's ribbon. It practically goes with a lot of outfits that I like, so it definitely works. A few other favorites would be the star hairpin, heart hairpin, and the different colored ribbons. A few of the ball caps too. Also, my character is always wearing glasses and my favorite ones, the tortoise specs. :)

It all really depends on which character I'm using. I will say though that I'm a big fan of the Mii Masks because they allow for more creativity and uniqueness, so I tend to alternate between using those or actually using the in-game items.

For my main town's mayor, my favorite piece of headwear would be the Red Pumpkin Head. It's a horror-themed town and Halloween is my favorite day of the year, so yeah. Aside from the standard orange one, I find the Red-Pumpkin Head looks the nicest and find that her outfits tend to look better with that one than with the other colored Pumpkin Heads.

When she doesn't have a big jack-o'-lantern on her head, other hats and accessories I like for her are the Cow Bone, Flamenco Hat, Gas Mask, Hockey Mask, Jester's Mask, Mummy Mask, Red Hood, Red-Horned Hat, and the Witch's Hat. Sometimes I feel like just going without anything big and either just don't use anything to show off the face and hair or use something like one of the hairpins.

I have a vampire character in the same town and she alternates between using a Mii mask during the night and using various headcoverings and umbrellas during the day so that she can somewhat safely travel outside during the daytime (because vampire mythology can be a bit loose, and because it would be a shame to not use the character for a majority of the time the stores are open). I'll often use the Red Hood in combination with the Huge Shades since her outfits usually have black and red, though sometimes I'll swap out the hood for the Floppy Hat or other big hat similar in design. I'll also use the Kaffiyeh or Diver's Hood if I want to use the Oval Shades. The point is really just to keep the sun exposure limited. Sometimes I'll use the Black Veil or the Stagehand Hat as well since they seem fitting. Maybe sometimes the Hair Bow Wig as a reference to the 1992 movie Bram Stoker's Dracula and the silly looking hair they gave Dracula in that movie.

There's another character who I plan to make who will get a lot of use out of the Coin Headpiece.

I have other characters in other towns as well. Not very many of them have many defining accessories or headwear, save for one of them being a clown who I use the Afro Cap, Afro Wig, Balloon Hat, Bun Wig, Jester's Cap, and Red Nose for. Aside from her and the other characters already listed, none of the other characters I've made really have well-defined accessories other than maybe glasses for those who use them.

Definitely the celeste's bow. I specifically went out and got the amiibo bc i wanted it so bad. other than that i love all the boppers they're so adorable

I really like the beret or moon hairpin! I don't really put things that hide the hair cuz I love my mayor's haircut (the one with the sides cut shorter)!

My favorite combo at the moment is the stripe knit cap and doctor's mask! It's just a cute look imo.
mR7UYRG.jpg

Back