• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

What do you think about the Elephants? (Discussion)

Brookie

💎 We don't talk about Bruno-no-no-no 💎
Bells
Switch
1118-4461-2529
White Pansy
White Cosmos
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Purple Violet
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Purple Violet
White Lily
ど
Winter Mittens
Winter Mittens
I love Chai, but their eye placement when you face them straight in front is kinda odd. Lol.

What about you, how do you feel about the elephants?

they're alright. not my favorite species, but not one i dislike either. there are some nice designs -- dizzy, margie and tia spring to mind -- but i don't have an elephant as a dreamie, and even tia is on the tier below my other favorites. honestly, i also just haven't had them as neighbors very often during my entire 10+ years playing this series. i think i've had both dizzy and big top at points in WW, but i never had any in either of my NL towns, and i don't really remember CF, but i don't think i had any there either, and i haven't had one in NH so far either.

I like them! The only elephant I ever really disliked was the islander Elina, who I thankfully never encountered myself lol... My only problem with them which I only started to notice in NH (Not sure if it's just something I never paid attention to in previous games or not) is their eyes when looking at them straight-on as OP mentioned haha.

I’m not really crazy about them. I had Ellie on my island a while back and she was ok. Chai just looks bizarre with that cup on her head. The only one I find cute is Tia.

I agree with the note about Chai, her eyes are a little off, but I still like her. Ellie is my favorite of the elephants, and I also like Tia and Margie.

Sadly, I think I’d say they’re my least favorite species model, and that’s coming from someone who loves the other large animals (hippos, gorillas, cows, alligators—all beautiful in my eyes!) Something about how large their head is and how small their ears and trunk are, and the way that their trunk and ears don’t move at all, just looks reeeally off to me. I wish they’d been designed differently because I quite like elephants in real life.

I really like the elephants. My favorites are Dizzy, Margie and Ellie. I recently let Dizzy leave my second island but plan on bringing him back at some point.

246031390_253094770118212_7994206469565005566_n.jpg

237566762_219526863475003_7747820332345666518_n.jpg

E41QHinVoAMIp14.jpeg

Some of my best friends are elephants...at least in Animal Crossing.I've had Eloise and Dizzy since New Leaf and after I found out that Cyd was a cranky I had to get him too.I've always liked them and I've never been bothered by their side mouths and stiff ears.

I'd say the Elephant species is neither the best nor the worst, they're somewhere in the middle for me. I like 5 of them in particular.

Of the 12, Tucker is my favorite of the bunch due to his woolly mammoth design; I'd consider him one of my "dreamies" and he's a resident on my New Horizons island, though I will have to note that the haphazard way they added the tusks kind of bugs the heck out of me and I wish that aspect looked nicer. I can look past that most of the time though since I like the rest of the concept and I really have to look closely to notice.

Tia's head being designed like a teapot is really fun and I have her as a resident in one of my New Leaf towns. I'd say she's probably my second favorite Elephant.

I'm fond of all of the "superhero" villagers (Kid Cat, Big Top, Agent S, Rocket, and Mira too even though she doesn't fit their specific design motif or numbering system), so Big Top gets some points for having something unique going for him in his design. Never had him as a resident in a game, but he's fine by me.

I also sort of like Cyd and Paolo; Cyd because of his punk rock sort of design and Cranky personality, and Paolo because of his being a reference to the "seeing pink elephants" euphemism and because he makes me think of the Pink Elephants on Parade song from Dumbo. Never had either as a resident and don't know if I ever will, but I appreciate them nonetheless.

Any not mentioned don't really do anything for me. I kind of appreciate Chai balancing a teacup on her head and maybe she'd pair well with Tia, but honestly she just doesn't appeal to me.

They aren't my favorites, but I do have a very soft spot for Chai. She shares a cafe/bakery with Merengue on my island :] However you will never EVER see a kangaroo or a mouse on my island 😅 I cannot stand their designs </3

I also have a soft spot for tia thanks to new leaf but i just...don’t have the space for her in my island, so i forget that the elephants even exist most of the time honestly

I think they are okay. Not my favorite of the bunch but I'm okay with having one as a villager. Among them, I like Axel.

They’re alright, but they definitely aren’t my favorite. Tucker is the only elephant I like. Cyd is okay, but when being asked to name villagers that I like, he wouldn’t come up. I don’t think elephants are all that popular. They’re a species that are kind of just there. You don’t see them mentioned a whole lot. I think Margie is popular because of the infamous Animal Crossing movie, basically the same reason the other characters got their popularity, like Rosie and Apollo. I don’t have any elephant villagers and I won’t. They just don’t fit my island aesthetic.

Elephants are my favourite animal in real life, so I want to like them but I just don’t. I used to have dizzy but his eyes are just too big and kind of pixelated. And I can’t stand that his mouth is only on one side of his face. Same with Ellie.

I used to not be a big fan, I thought their art style looked a bit out of place. But I have since come to be extremely fond of several of them.

Paolo, Cyd, and Eloise are my favorites, but Axel and Dizzy are also quite cute.

i think they're cute! i think tia has one of my favorite designs. i also like eloise and margie. i know their eyes and mouths look a little silly but i like that about them. they're big silly animals

I love elephants in real life, but I imagine it's hard to translate them into AC form. I'd say they did an alright, but not an amazing job.

I like Tia, Margie, Ellie, and Cyd. None are dreamies, but I wouldn't be mad if they randomly moved in.

Back