• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

What DLC would you pay for?

i don?t think i like the idea of paying for any dlc unless it had a lot of new and useful features

I would be willing to pay for DLC as long as its released years after the original game. When a DLC is released too close to the game it kind of gives me the impression that this was content that was cut out of the game to make an extra buck. But if its something that comes out say... two years after the release I'm more open to buying it. That being said I'd pay for something that added as much content as Welcome Amiibo added to New Leaf.

I could see a DLC similar to Dragon Quest Builders 2 which opened up new types of islands for tours where we could collect new materials that will be used to craft new furniture items/open up more recipes. Maybe they could put a few new villagers that would only appear on that island too.

I'd really prefer it to be substantial. Like pocky said, if we use NL as an example, if the WA update had been a paid DLC, it probably would've been worth it. It added a lot. Hopefully any actual paid DLC doesn't have a large chunk of it locked behind amiibos though, or that will definitely upset people.

It shouldn't be just furniture packs or villagers. It should have new features, new events, maybe new interactions with NPCs, things like that.

If I am totally honest, animal crossing is my big game for the year and I will probably pay for any DLC they through at me. I know I'm part of the problem... TT__TT

I'm a sucker, but I don't usually get DLC for even my favorite games (excepting Smash, I skipped the DLC on my favorite Switch titles). Even BoTW and Fire Emblem: Three Houses didn't get a cent from me.

That being saiddddddddd Animal Crossing is probably my favorite gaming franchise so I have no doubt I'd hop on any substantial DLC that added villagers/concepts/furniture/etc.

Last edited:
On second thought, I wouldn't pay for any.

Last edited:
I didn't buy the DLC for BOTW. None of the content sound worth the money. I don't know what they could possibly offer for Animal Crossing other than bonus features, furniture, PWPs, clothing, and hair styles.

Last edited:
I honestly don't want to pay for anything unless it's like more amiibo cards or some sort of option to own a secondary island.

The ability to have extra islands. At least one more. But, to truly appreciate it I'd need cloud saves, so. :p

i honestly dont know if there is any dlc i would pay for, but like if it comes out and it brings something meaningful or if its really cheap i will probably buy it. However, the only 'dlc' ive bought so far is 3 amiibo cards and 4 figures, so i am looking to get more of both.

id happily pay for dlc if it’s at the level of welcome amiibo. In fact im hoping Nintendo supports nh for a few years after release through substantial dlc, events, etc, so it keeps things fresh and holds our interest longer since it’ll probably be nearly another decade before the next main ac

If it was DLC to add more things such as events and items, and it wasn't at too bad of a price, than I'm all for it. I'm not sure what kinds of other events there could be, but maybe add more onto the events we already have? As for the items, definitely more furniture and clothing that has more color and theme to it. :)

Back