• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

what did you major in? :3

I started out with a major in secondary education with a concentration in history, but recently switched to international relations! I just realized that I did not see myself doing it long term enough to justify getting a degree for it along with a few other factors. I'll be doing a minor in business since I'm interested in becoming a translator and I found that that was the typical recommended work!

I entered college pursuing business with a specialization in economics and finished with a GPA of 3.98 out of 4. Got a lot of recommendation letters and scholarship oppurtunities. Decided to pursue a BS in International Business Management in UK and got accepted to University of Notthingham. Took a gap year because I was going to be far from home for awhile and helped my mom with family business to get her settled.

During the gap year, decided that life in the corporate world was not so enticing and made the switch to hospitality. Graduated with a BS (with Class II upper division honours) in International Hospitality Management and have worked for luxury hotels and resorts ever since. With the pandemic, the entire hospitality industry is in recession with the airline industry most severely affected. Confidence and trust for international travel will take time to recover. I'm thinking of returning to grad school to get my MS in the same specialization (after I would have to make the decision to either continue working in the field or enter academia as a university lecturer).

Since you are planning to minor in literature, let me share my sister's experience. My elder sister graduated 2 years ago with a BA in Literature. She never regretted taking that major as she loved it. Recently, she got her TEFL certification in January right before the global pandemic lockdown and have been teaching English online ever since. Private tutoring pays very well! ;)

i'm currently majoring in nursing! i may minor in something like social work or psychology, but i'm still undecided on that.

would like to say; I'm really enjoying reading everyone's responses here lol.

good to know that so far im the only one with a midcollege crisis that just brought me back to where i started

I just graduated with a BS in mathematics with a focus on math education at the secondary school level! Still debating going back for my master's later on, but I am going back another year to complete my teaching credential program and student teach

I'm currently majoring in Business Administration at community college. Still have one more year before transfer to uni, and there I'm hoping to minor in... something? Considering MIS, International Business, Foreign Language, or another. Very interested in working internationally.

I'm majoring in Graphic Design, and halfway through I learned that blue light gives me eyeaches...

good to know that so far im the only one with a midcollege crisis that just brought me back to where i started
Just to let you know, everyone I've talked to in my classes has had the 'mid-college major' crisis you've said. Even if they don't admit it I think everyone has those thoughts midway through like 'Omygod I wasted so much time and money in this program if switch everything I did will be lost.'

I'm majoring in Graphic Design, and halfway through I learned that blue light gives me eyeaches...

Just to let you know, everyone I've talked to in my classes has had the 'mid-college major' crisis you've said. Even if they don't admit it I think everyone has those thoughts midway through like 'Omygod I wasted so much time and money in this program if switch everything I did will be lost.'
oh yeah, definitely lol. almost everyone i know had one (except a couple friends who just majored in compsci/video game design minor haha)
I just find it funny how i jumped off the cliff and just landed back where i started lol

accounting (like our favorite bespectacled cat ❤ )
(the two things are totally unrelated tho lmao)
i had to take an intro to accounting course bc im doing engineering and i must say it was the most complicated course i have ever taken i have so much respect for accountants 😭

i had to take an intro to accounting course bc im doing engineering and i must say it was the most complicated course i have ever taken i have so much respect for accountants 😭
whaaa this is so nice!! even accountants hate intro to accounting courses tbh LOL
now any stem .... big nope for me 🙇‍♀️ mad respect as well!!

I've got a BA in Psychology and Sociology and an MPH in Community Health. I'm a Social Worker helping low-income adults apply for disability benefits. Love, love my my job and my clients :D

I just graduated with a Bachelor of Computer Science and I have a job lined up at a relatively well-known company. Programming is something I have enjoyed since high school so it felt like a natural choice to me. It's one of my favourite hobbies 😊

would like to say; I'm really enjoying reading everyone's responses here lol.

I changed my major like 10 times no joke and I'm switching fields again for my masters.

It's funny because people are always surprised when I tell them that since I come across as very rigid and focused on my goals, but I'm actually the most indecisive person ever.

Art education! Currently finishing up my first year as an elementary art teacher. 😊

currently going into my undergraduate junior year in uni with a major in computer science and applied mathematics!
What a coincidence I’m planning to be doing an applied math major as well.
Post automatically merged:

What a coincidence I’m planning to be doing an applied math major as well.
Once i go off to college of course

Wishing you all the best with your studies at Uni/College! 😊😊😊
I majored in Journalism with a minor in Cinema Studies. I have been working as a journo (first freelancing then in full-time, professional gigs) since I was 18 (I'm now 25). I only stopped a few months ago thanks to Miss Rona and bc my industry is dying/dead.

At first, I went in undecided and just completed my AA. As I reached the end of my AA, I thought I should probably try to do a graphic design or illustration BA. I always liked art and assumed that I'd like to do it as a career. After a bit of time, I found that doing my hobby as a career would be a terrible decision for me.

Thankfully, I have always enjoyed science both in high school and college. With that in mind, I came to the decision to go for a BS. Now, the challenge was to figure out what science I should go for. My favourite classes in HS was Marine and Environmental science while in college it was Botany. Ultimately, I have decided to go for a BS in Environmental Studies with a minor in Geoscience.

Unfortunately, because of my indecisiveness, I have a large amount of credits on my transcript which messes with financial aid if I do go over my maximum amount, which may be a possibility. This also sucks because I wanted to take some extra classes that just sounded cool (Genetics) and would benefit my future career (Chem II & Organic Chem) but can't if I want to keep my financial aid available. All well, as of now, I am fine and I will be starting at an actual university in the Fall.

Good luck with Law! That's some difficult stuff right there. I'll stick to labs.

Back