• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

What are you resetting for?

I reset for a good map and apples, plus villagers I didn't hate! Took 10 resets

The main problem was getting apples. I got the other fruits twice before finally getting apples.

A good map wasn't a problem for me as much as the apples, there were only 2 resets due to me not liking any of the four choices.

I didn't reset over any villagers once I finally got apples, I was happy with the ones I got. Agnes and Antonio, I like them both. Good thing I didn't get villagers I hated or...

I didn't reset for airport color. I ended up with Blue and am happy with that.

Overall, it took 10 resets!

Believe it or not, the huge slabs of rocks. Some are in the way. Like it’s not on the edge of the water but in the middle of the beach but you can’t walk on it.

It took me like 40 min to get apples, I saw the other fruits TWICE before seeing apples once. Good thing when I finally did get apples, I liked the villagers they gave me.

I think the game has a desire sensor for apples...

OMG pure luck. I just got the island I wanted, with the apples, and the cliff and dock are all in the right place. My airport is orange, but whatever.

Btw I also hate that almost all the time three of the four map choices have double south exits.

I reset for about an hour. Wanted apples and only one beach river exit on the right side. I didn’t really like how in a lot of maps the beach is broken up into a few tiny stretches but I found one which has a decent stretch and had apples and a blue airport so I was good to go. Don’t really like my villagers Hazel and Goose but I’ll deal.

Nothing, as it turns out. I saw a map I really liked straight away and I got my cherries plus starter villagers I like. Splendid!

i told myself i wouldn't reset, but of course i couldn't help myself lmao. i reset for a good map that i like for probably like 30 mins? that's all i really cared about, and i crossed my fingers that i didn't get pears, because i wouldn't reset for fruit. i ended up with cherries, so all good!

I resetted for one of the map layouts since one of the little rivers on the map looked like a heart and thought it was really cute

apples and yellow airport

however, i have been resetting for almost 3 hours now and have only seen apples twice

I’ve been resetting for like 3 hours for a good map and APPLES but still no luck. Why does it seem so hard to get apples for a lot of people lol

I remember resetting over a hundred times for one of my NL towns, because I wanted everything to be perfect. I'd rather not go through that again, so I'm probably going to stick with whatever the game gives me.

I don't really know how I want my island to look anyway, but that's fine since I'll be able to change the layout later. Ideally I'd have either apples or peaches as the native fruit, and have Rudy/Antonio and Hazel/Rocket as my starting villagers, but that's all I can think of that I want. Even then, I won't keep resetting until I get them.

That being said, if I get Canberra as a starter I'm resetting. lol

Last edited:
I reset once this time, for a blue airport. I wasn't keen on the villagers I started with either and the second time I got better villagers, a better map and a blue airport, so I'm happy. Both times I got cherries, which is fine.

I should be getting my copy later today and when I do I plan on resetting for Sparro, it's an opportunity that I can't pass up lol. I'm not too picky about anything else but getting apples would be nice though.

Back