• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

What are you going to call your first Switch town?

So far, I've had:

Gamecube - Mushroom
WW - Mushroom
City Folk - Candyway
NL - Twinleaf

I actually have no idea what my new town will be called! Probably another Nintendo city in some way, perhaps I'll go for a Zelda town instead of pokemon this time around.

Going to keep Starfall like my New Leaf Town. I hope we can choose town fruit so I don't have to reset 100 times for oranges. Starfall needs to have oranges!

I'm not posititve yet.
Usually when I name my town, I'm going for a theme, so I work from there.
For the last few towns I've made, they have been pastel theme, so I chose cutesy names.

My witchy forest town was named Salem.

So I guess if I do a theme this time around, I'll choose a name that fits.

Probably something neutral that matches the 'natural' vibe of AC, currently leaning towards Treetops right now maybe. If the character limit is beyond 8 though I'll probably come up with something else to take advantage.

Currently stuck between a couple of names, I keep changing my mind!! I?m way too indecisive to already have it picked out. I guess I?m just waiting for one to really click with me.

Geez, it's been months of thinking and I think I might settle on Lucoast. It has always been a tradition of sorts for me to reference my name, Lucas, into the town name. And I think that a simple town with it's own beach surrounding it's border, it would be a nice name for the peaceful civilization. Also low key hoping that they expand more on things to do on and with the beach.

probably something spacey sounding, definitely not going to give it a joke name like i did my first town whoops

i'd need to see more about the game before making a decision though of course

Gosh it's nice hearing people talk about their original town names and the meaning behind it,,
Meanwhile, I'm settling on something Earthbound related like Twoson, but i'm not 100% sure I'll stick with it since the majority of players use it.

on the other hand, i want something original and unique but i suck at coming up with town names

Here's to longer characters in the name! (atleast 12!)
I'm already planning my towns (sigh)...I don't even have a switch or the funds to get one though....

- - - Post Merge - - -

Here's to longer characters in the name! (atleast 12!)
I'm already planning my towns (sigh)...I don't even have a switch or the funds to get one though....

Honestly I haven't put much thought into the name of my switch town, I always keep to a natural settlement type theme. My last town was Ivy vale, my current one is fae vale (I really like the sound of vale). I like the idea of calling my town ____ village or valley, maybe even harbour. I like the idea of Autumn valley.

I haven't thought about this yet. I'll probably just wing it when I talk to Rover... (if he's even going to be there!)

Abingdon. I always name my first town that. It was the name of my first town ever (WW), and I kind of like that it doesn't have a meaning or connotation along with it. It's personal to me, but doesn't hold me down to a particular town style.

I?ll be forever sticking with Cocoloco. The name is fun, kinda original and fits well to animal crossing. My second favorite is Katamari :)

I was thinking of naming my town: Ataraxia - a state of freedom from emotional disturbance and anxiety

Back