• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

What are you eating?

Eating this chocolate cookie that i bought during my vacation in Korea last year. Totally forgot about it . luckily the expiration date is 2017 lol

i've always hated bitter melon-- how do you cook it to make it more appealing??

oh... i think it's one of those things you either like or hate and no inbetween. we use the chinese bitter melons though.. i hear the indian ones are even more bitter.

i've never made it, but when i see my mom make the soup, she usually stuffs the bitter melons first. then boils them once in the morning before work and then once more in the evening so they're ready to eat the next day. i think that probably reduces the bitterness?? and also makes it very soft. also flavouring with (lots of) sugar and fish sauce helps!! you can also use a broth to up it a bit and top it off with cilantro or flat parsley or whatever it's called.

i also like bitter melons stir-fried with beef or scrambled eggs! those dishes are nice.. or maybe it's just me.

20150628-140306804723076.jpg

i've no idea what these bad boys are called in english (in arabic they're literally called beehives/sweet buns) or if anyone outside of the middle east knows them but they're literally the best thing ever god bless arabic sweets
basically what these are is buns in honeycomb pattern w cream cheese filling drenched in honey syrup and sometimes cinnamon powder/sesame seeds

Last edited:
i've no idea what these bad boys are called in english (in arabic they're literally called beehives/sweet buns) or if anyone outside of the middle east knows them but they're literally the best thing ever god bless arabic sweets
basically what these are is buns in honeycomb pattern w cream cheese filling drenched in honey syrup and sometimes cinnamon powder/sesame seeds

that looks and sounds so good.. i love sweet buns

I just had a fruit salad with apples, blueberries, strawberries, and grapes in it.

Some kosher chocolate waffers from the Jewish isle at the grocery store. Pssst, I'm not Jewish, they just taste better than the regular ones.

I am eating some delicious grilled cheese C: We have no pickles which sucks but hey, it still tastes good, you know?

Back