What are some mistakes you made when you first played ACNH?

VanitasFan26

I'm just a ghost.
Bells
Arcade Tokens
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
The biggest mistake I did was when I first played ACNH I was trying way too hard to make my island perfect and I ended up restarting. The thing is I lost all my stuff and I had no idea until lately that you can actually have someone save it for you and they will bring it to you after you restart your island. I know nobody is perfect whenever they make mistakes when playing ACNH the first time, but once they get used to the game they become better at it, my past self wasn't so good and I am glad after 3 years of playing I got better at the game. What are some mistakes you remember making when you played ACNH?

the biggest thing i regret is that basically i had 8 plots filled and i wanted to kick out one of my villagers and autofill some others but i had an amiibo card and after i used opened a second plot, i used the amiibo card to fill the tenth spot instead of using the amiibo care later. actually, i filled all my spots too early lol

In my first play through I destroyed all my rocks right away... Leaving me without crafting resources unless I used a nook mile ticket. Took days for them to respawn.

I bum-rushed the intro to get to terraforming and didn't pace myself. Similar to time traveling, I really cheated my overall experience.

Not really a mistake but annoying nonetheless... I didn't realise there were timestamped milestones for the bug off/ fishing tourney at the beginning of the game. I thought it would just fill out if you play any number of them. So I missed out on one of those stamps and there's just a giant hole there years later.

I listened to Isabelle and planted about twenty flowers to boost my Island’s rating to get KK just like she said and it ended horribly as the flowers multiplied way too fast and overtook about 60% of the free space on my Island. The Islanders were even complaining about how there were “too many flowers.” And Isabelle tried to make it seem like it was my fault even though it was HER idea! I’d spend hours trying to toss all the unwanted flowers away only to find even more the next day. I got so frustrated that I deleted my Island because I couldn’t even walk two steps outside my house before stepping on a flower. Someone tried to laugh at how ridiculous I deleted my Island over some flowers but it wasn’t funny at all. All of the buildings were surrounded by flowers, I couldn’t shake trees for crafting and hidden items because they’d vanish upon hitting the ground since flowers surrounded them, it was impossible to tell where some Fossil dig spots were, and one cliff area was completely covered in flowers that it was impossible to clear it out or even use the landscaping app on the Nook Phone.

getting to terraforming and absolutely destroying my first island, ever since then i’ve been in resetting hell.

A few things,

Spent all the money I kept making on pretty flowers because I thought my island was dull. At first I thought having a floral island was fun.
Till i found out I couldnt get materials. So gained nook mies and went to five mystery islands before I decided that was annoying so I spentba day just straight up removing flowers only leaving like a few since I knew now they spread

I covered alot of my islsnd in blank custom designs to stop weeds but regreted it imediatly when a week later I went around trying to remember where they were because I couldnt see them xD never doing that again

On my previous island, when I had on my butterfly net out, Shino was running to me wanting to tell me something (or give me a reaction) and I accidentally hit her with a butterfly net. I felt guilty and restarted my island because of that.

On my previous island, when I had on my butterfly net out, Shino was running to me wanting to tell me something (or give me a reaction) and I accidentally hit her with a butterfly net. I felt guilty and restarted my island because of that.
Really? Restarting over hitting a villager with a net? I think you may be taking this game just a little too seriously.

Really? Restarting over hitting a villager with a net? I think you may be taking this game just a little too seriously.
Hey I restarted my game in NL because one Villager refused to leave my Town for two years. And I restarted my Island three times because I listened to Isabell’s advice to plant some to increase my Rating and then they overtook my entire Island within three months.

I think my biggest mistake was filling the island with decorations. I kept seeing all the cottage core, cluttered islands on Pinterest and wanted the same. Only afterwards I found that it completely ruins any game play. My island lagged constantly, items popped in and out of frame and just navigating the island was a pig. So now I have a much more simplified and open design.

I hastily purchased all the available plots from Nook in a single day and placed them, without realizing that I could only invite one villager per day to occupy them. This resulted in the remaining plots being automatically filled🤦‍♀️

The biggest mistake was selling all my gold and cherry blossom petals - idr why I did it, but I remember feeling like it was a "no biggie" because I would just get more. Since then I have bought more gold on here, but I still haven't really recovered in cherry blossoms, and I have been playing since launch.

Last edited:
Permadeath activated

I remember Nook mentioning something about eating fruit and breaking rocks. And that I needed to do that for some reason. So I did that and then I didn't have enough rocks to farm for resources I needed. I probably didn't read his response clearly, but it did set me back a day or so lol.

I think my biggest mistake was filling the island with decorations. I kept seeing all the cottage core, cluttered islands on Pinterest and wanted the same. Only afterwards I found that it completely ruins any game play. My island lagged constantly, items popped in and out of frame and just navigating the island was a pig. So now I have a much more simplified and open design.
Agreed. Those kind of islands look pretty from a still image, but have to be horrible to navigate. I tried recreating a room I did in NL, but since the rooms have all been downsized it wasn't possible without squeezing everything together and making it impossible to move around anything. It just makes me feel like I am caged in.

The bell trees lol. I thought they just gave you 3*100k if you gave them 100k. That's because I gathered 100k and made a bell tree and I was lucky and got 3*100k in return. I tried another couple of times but I only got 30k, so that made me confused. I thought "maybe I just put 10k", so I did it another couple of times and then I checked on the Internet and found out how it worked. I wasted several bells...

Obtaining Cyd.

I really don’t like it when the Cranky Villagers sing the basic tune when you don’t have a K.K. Piece playing in your island, and it made Cyd look dumb when he sung it.

This made me not like him very much, and I was so desperate to move him out.
I did move him out, but I broke the rule I had while doing it, which is no time traveling.
I made a vow to not time travel or restart when I got the game, and it was going good until I invited Cyd from island hunting when I could’ve kept going. Problem was, he was a new villager, I couldn’t pass up a new villager if I wanted to know if I liked him or not. (I’m neutral towards him nowadays)

So if it wasn’t for him, I probably would’ve kept my first island from 2020 to today, but things don’t go your way sometimes…

(I surely could try not to time travel and/or restart my next town or island in the next game)

I think my biggest mistake was rushing things. Rushing to three stars, rushing to get this and that... in the end, it left me worn out and having villagers I didn't like. Now I take things slow. My current island is still on two stars because I only have seven villagers. Eventually, someone will show up at the campsite that I really want (I have no Smug or Sisterly villagers, so the campsite has a better chance of delivering one of those two personality types). In the meantime, I've been able to amass over 100,000 Nook Miles and almost fully upgrade my house (only one storage expansion to go)!

Back