• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What 3DS games would you recommend?

I'd definitely recommend Animal Crossing New Leaf (of course ;)) Pokémon X/Y, Pokémon OR/AS, Pokémon Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, Mario Party Island Tour, Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, Yoshi's New Island and WarioWare Gold, they're amazing.

I loved Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon (Don't get sun/moon. It's basically the same game just updated, if I recall correctly - Not saying don't get them because they are bad, just they are pretty much the same imo except USUM is updated/better.)

I also really loved Happy Home Designer. I don't see anyone mentioning it, which kind of makes me sad. I don't know if maybe that wasn't a favorite people had or what, but I enjoyed it. :3

If you like Pokemon, Detective Pikachu was pretty cute. And, while I didn't play it, I have a friend who absolutely loves Super Mario Maker. Though not sure if many people still play it? I personally would only get it for the switch at this point, but that's just me.

P.S - I know this thread is semi old. I'd love to know what games you did get though! update us, pls!

Fantasy Life is great if you enjoy Animal Crossing, but it has more of an RPG spin. Yo-kai watch is also an excellent series if you enjoy pokemon. You also can't go wrong with any of the Kirby games.

I'd recommend a lot of 3DS games. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Kirby: Triple Deluxe, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Star Fox 64 3D, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D, and Metroid: Samus Returns to name a few.

Fantasy Life is great if you enjoy Animal Crossing, but it has more of an RPG spin. Yo-kai watch is also an excellent series if you enjoy pokemon. You also can't go wrong with any of the Kirby games.
Omg, yes! Fantasy Life! Literally one of my favorite, if not my FAVORITE game I’ve played! I can’t even explain it- the music, the quirky story, the addictive grinding- it all just comes together so well. Ditto for Ever Oasis, another game by Level5, except... well, it’s darker than it looks is all I’m sayin’, so don’t go into it expecting Animal Crossing levels of cheerfulness.

I've been thinking about getting some 3DS games soon or for Christmas. I have ACNL, a few of the Super Mario games, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Pokémon Omega Ruby, Captain Toad, and Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn. What games have you guys enjoyed/would recommend?

Pokemon Alpha
Pokemon Y
Pokemon Moon
Zelda ocarina of time
Majoras mask
Rune factory
Fantasy Life
400 in 1 (loads of games on one cart)
Super Mario N64
Luigi and Mario
Fire emblem
Icarus

OoT on 3DS is definitive but I wouldn't bother with Majoras Mask. A Link Between Worlds was incredible as a long time player of Link to the Past (but that's biasd.)

I'm not sure if it's just me, but I felt the 3ds library just didn't have as much that attracted me as the ds.

Back