• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Want AC:NL right now? Check your Best Buy store

I almost died falling out of my chair. I'm going to run to my best buy tomorrow morning! it's only 2 minutes away so it couldn't hurt.... :3

I bet it is just the boxes set there without the cartridge, or they got them in store early and just set them out, but won't sell them till the big day...

Most stores can't sell them before the release date.
Walmart registers won't let you sell games before the date. You'd have to get a manager to override the register to be able to even sell it.

But that's just Walmart. It's hard to tell if Best Buys do this.

Most stores can't sell them before the release date.
Walmart registers won't let you sell games before the date. You'd have to get a manager to override the register to be able to even sell it.

But that's just Walmart. It's hard to tell if Best Buys do this.

Wouldn't whoever does that get in major trouble? The release date is there for a reason...

Wouldn't whoever does that get in major trouble? The release date is there for a reason...

Yeah, someone on the IRC, probably Jubs, said the fine for breaking street date is like up in the hundred thousands. I dunno if that applies to the store, the company, or the employee. lol

But yes. It would be a pretty big deal. I hope that the whole Best Buy thing was sorted out and was just an accident.

The store where I usually buy my games often releases them a day early. They did say that they only do that when they have the permission of the people who made the game.

Yeah, someone on the IRC, probably Jubs, said the fine for breaking street date is like up in the hundred thousands. I dunno if that applies to the store, the company, or the employee. lol

But yes. It would be a pretty big deal. I hope that the whole Best Buy thing was sorted out and was just an accident.

Not only that, but they also slam the company who broke the embargo by fining them $ 5,000 USD for every copy sold before release date i believe.

Back