Votes: 8 21.1%
  • other (please share in comments)

Votes: 4 10.5%

• Total voters

nintendumb

Bells
Switch
2062-3058-8628
so...what exactly ARE the villagers in animal crossing?

i see at least four possibilities:

-theyre actual animals who have mutated enough to speak english and walk on two legs (maybe due to radiation exposure??)

-theyre figments of the player's imagination

-theyre ALIENS!!! gasp

-theyre just really hardcore furries who have successfully tricked you into thinking theyre animals (this one seems most reasonable to me, because you can catch/purchase ACTUAL animals in game, like the hamster and octopus, but there are also hamster and octopus villagers...suspicious. Not to mention the yellow birds that hang out on main street as opposed to the 'bird' villagers)

please share your thoughts/theories below!

Last edited:
the octopi villagers are def aliens imo

I don't buy them being octopi

I mean they don't even like getting wet

Last edited:
also the fact that you can catch an actual octopus in the game?? like whaaaaaat

Being the little dark demon that I am, I think the villagers are your imagination, the role of the mayor is you creating the dream, as well as you talking to Rover, you describe yourself, making yourself how you want to be. You can also some how add reality in the dream world such as catching bugs, and fishing. You see, it's just your imagination you create. Duh. KTHXBAI

I think they're just furries. Whether they became full-fledged furries or crossed over, ala "The Terrible Secret of Animal Crossing" is up to you.

They are animals, through hundreds of years of training, sucking in the essences of the sun and moon, finally slowly evolve into able to walk on 2 legs and talk.
Give them a few hundreds years more, they will become humans .....
*insert imperial march song

Simple answer everyone overlooks.

We merely live in a world where there is more than one sentient species. There are also non sentient version of animals (humans being the exception). They all live together.

A simple explanation, overlooked the majoritynof the time.

I like the idea of them being figments of my imagination. I can totally see myself pulling certain stunts my villagers do, so yeah. ~_~

Being the little dark demon that I am, I think the villagers are your imagination, the role of the mayor is you creating the dream, as well as you talking to Rover, you describe yourself, making yourself how you want to be. You can also some how add reality in the dream world such as catching bugs, and fishing. You see, it's just your imagination you create. Duh. KTHXBAI
This.
You took the words straight from me.

Back