• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Villager Popularity List - Updated

Updates
> google doc with gathered info <

Increases:
tier 1
Stitches #1 [from #13]
Diana #2 [from #5]
Julian #3 [from #10]
Ankha #5 [from #12]
Merengue #11 [from #15]
* Kyle #13 [from #8 tier 2]
* Maple #14 [from #1 tier 2]
* Chief #15 [from #5 tier 2]

tier 2
* Punchy #1 [from #22 tier 3]
Skye #2 [from #6]
Tangy #5 [from #18]
Francine #6 [from #23]
*** Kabuki #9 [from #5 tier 4!]
Ruby #10 [from #14]
Wolfgang #12 [from #19]
* Chester #19 [from #30 tier 3]

tier 3
Kiki #1 [from #5]
Poppy #5 [from #8]
Lily #6 [from #29]
Peanut #8 [from #16]
Lopez #18 [from #23]
Chevre #19 [from #24]
Fuchsia #20 [from #28]
* Bunnie #25 [from #22 tier 4]
* Flora #26 [from #3 tier 4]
* Mira #27 [from #4 tier 4]
* Alice #28 [from #40 tier 4]
* Roscoe #29 [from #10 tier 4]

tier 4
Rolf #1 [from #13]
Cole #2 [from #29]
O'Hare #3 [from #9]
Margie #7 [from #11]
Nana #9 [from #19]
* Grizzly #47 [from tier 5]
* Puddles #48 [from tier 5]
* Pudge #49 [from tier 5]
* Olaf #50 [from tier 5]

Decreases:
tier 1
Marshal #4 [from #3]
Beau #6 [from #2]
Lolly #7 [from #1]
Fauna #9 [from #6]
Marina #10 [from #7]
Whitney #12 [from #4]

tier 2
* Fang #8 [from #11 tier 1]
* Erik #14 [from #9 tier 1]
Flurry #15 [from #9]
Bluebear #16 [from #12]
* Molly #20 [from #14 tier 1]
Zucker #22 [from #2]
Coco #23 [from #10]
Muffy #25 [from #15]

tier 3
Melba #21 [from #1]
* Deirdre #22 [from #21 tier 2]
* Drago #23 [from #29 tier 2]
* Olivia #24 [from #25 tier 2]
Bruce #30 [from #18]

tier 4
* Dotty #4 [from #19 tier 3]
* Bianca #8 [from #6 tier 3]
* Static #10 [from #20 tier 3]
* Ribbot #11 [from #25 tier 3]
* Shep #12 [from #26 tier 3]
* Jeremiah #13 [from #27 tier 3]
Bill #14 [from #1]
Apple #18 [from #2]
Merry #19 [from #12]
Pashmina #22 [from #8]
Bonbon #30 [from #18]
Pecan #36 [from #14]

Hamphrey, Twiggy, Eunice, & Baabara in tier 5 [from tier 4]

Yassssssss Stitches!! 😍😍😍 Good for him, he deserves it ❤️❤️❤️

I can't wait to see how the new villagers will come into play. As others said, I'm pretty sure Ketchup will rise to the top quickly. For good reason, she's very adorable! The ducks need more live anyway.

Thanks for keeping up with the list! 😊

I don't know if I should keep Stitches Because he's now number 1. On the other hand I despise him D:

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also good to see that my favourite villager Punchy is now 1st on tier 2.Be great if I STILL HAD HIM

I don't know if I should keep Stitches Because he's now number 1. On the other hand I despise him D:

I think you shouldn't let the tiers dictate who you keep in your town. Especially if you dislike them. Is it just for bragging rights? If you really don't like him, I'd say sell him or give him away. That just seems logical, but that's just me. My two cents lol. Do what makes you happy :p

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also good to see that my favourite villager Punchy is now 1st on tier 2.Be great if I STILL HAD HIM

You could trade Stitches with Punchy to solve this, maybe?

All of the above comments said it perfectly. c: tiers are in no way to influence who you have in your town. there are so many great, unnoticed villagers in the lower tiers. My town is pretty evenly distributed, and I love visiting dream addresses that have the lower tier villagers, as it's just not something you see all the time. (of course, this doesn't mean dream addresses with popular villagers are boring), just that it's nice to see a variety, rather than the same 10 over and over.

All of the above comments said it perfectly. c: tiers are in no way to influence who you have in your town. there are so many great, unnoticed villagers in the lower tiers. My town is pretty evenly distributed, and I love visiting dream addresses that have the lower tier villagers, as it's just not something you see all the time. (of course, this doesn't mean dream addresses with popular villagers are boring), just that it's nice to see a variety, rather than the same 10 over and over.

I was shocked Agnes was tier 5! Uchi villagers are so rare, and she's fairly adorable... and it makes me happy Olaf got a bump up, he was one of my favorites.

Tiers are weird!

I'm surprised to Kyle so high on the list.. Don't get me wrong.. He's adorable, but I haven't seen that many ask for him o:

included in the update post is the Google doc with all the info, which explains why each villager increased/decreased. although Kyle didn't have too many people looking for him in the Lf thread, with all the amiibo threads there's a lot more people using those to request villagers, rather than posting in the LF thread. so with Kyle having 7 adoptions (marshal and stitches being the only 2 to have more than that), that's why he increased to tier 1 c:

I'm particularly surprised by the changes.
But, if Stitches was in any of my towns, then he would be voided.

I'm not really interested in an walking teddy bear.

I recall Alice was in the bottom of the barrel list.

Chief, my favorite villager of all time, FINALLY cracked the top tier!!! #15 baby!!! Well deserved, he's the BEST <3

Back