Island Name: Utopia
Hemisphere: Northern
Timezone: PST/PDT

NO TIME TRAVEL

Native Fruit: Oranges
Sister Fruit: Peaches
Native Flower: Pansies

Island Theme: None

Welcome to Utopia! While the name may not be the most original of island names, Utopia is nothing short of standing-out in the world! From our quirky locals, to our ever watchful Resident Representative, all the way to our waters teeming with rare sea life, Utopia is just the go-to island for all your social needs. Oh yes-- rare sea life! On rainy days, which Utopia gets a healthy amount of, Coelacanths can be found a-plenty near our shores! Along with this, Tuna and Marlin, as well as Oarfish, are quite plentiful! When in season, you can even spot rare fish like Stringfish and Golden Trout more than other islands. Maybe we're just lucky!

Utopia is a natural town, with little terraforming and many flowers and trees! Despite our ties to staying natural, Utopia is always under development and therefore always worth coming back to. Residents may leave to pursue different things, but someone always moves into place and is welcomed with open arms! Paths may change, residents may simply find a new place on the island to stay, flowerbeds may move-- Utopia is a living, breathing island where there's always something new to find or do!

Interested in opportunities to visit? Keep an eye right here for our gates being open!

Residents of Utopia

๐ŸŒบ
Micheal | Resident Representative | Human
Micheal moved to Utopia along with Shari and Axel. In fact, Micheal was the one who came up with the name of our lovely island! He oversees most everything on the island, making sure its in perfect working order. It's tiring work, being Resident Rep., but Micheal manages to pull it off while still making time for our residents.

๐ŸŒธ
Cathy | Resident | Human
Cathy is a kind woman who came to Utopia to set up her own cafe. Little did she know, there was already another there! She works with Tia, baking for her and providing more seating for the cafe at her own home. She's a gentle woman who is always giving gifts to the residents. She hopes one day she can start a family on Utopia!

tumblr_inline_p8ljryl5ks1qbn90k_75sq.gifv

Shari | Uchi | Monkey
Shari moved to Utopia along with our Resident Representative and Axel. She's a friendly face who welcomes everyone with a smile and a slice of cake. At times, she can be a little bit awkward, but she puts her friends first and makes each and every person she meets feel like family. That being said... Axel is a little bit too out there for her at times.

tumblr_inline_p9tiehl9HW1qbn90k_75sq.gifv

Axel | Jock | Elephant
Axel is a always-grinning, workout-aholic who, when not doing bicep curls or push-ups, is doing squats and sit-ups. He may be a little bit workout crazy, and sometimes tries to get others in on his routines. Watch out if you're a visitor, he'll send you through the whole circuit! He wants Shari to know who's boss, and will often be seen lifting weights outside of her house. What's he planning, behind that grin? His next workout? Maybe...

tumblr_inline_p9tiely6gi1qbn90k_75sq.gifv

Bob | Lazy | Cat
Bob is a lazy cat who came to Utopia through the campsite and quickly fell in love. He doesn't know what his favorite part of the island is yet, and since he's still new, he hasn't gotten to get close with everyone yet. He really likes to play in the snow, his ears snug beneath a winter cap to keep him warm.

tumblr_inline_p8ljrsN8V11qbn90k_75sq.gifv

Marina | Normal | Octopus
An octopus on land?! Isn't that strange! Marina is a friendly face who loves to sit by the ocean. She talks often of how much she enjoys guests over, so please pay her a visit! She makes an absolutely amazing quiche, which Nate often eats it all before anyone else can get to it. Sometimes you can find her at the shore, singing out into the ocean, reminiscing of the past.

tumblr_inline_p9tiehYvyK1qbn90k_75sq.gifv

Tia | Normal | Elephant
Though it was a little bit scary when she first moved into town, what with Axel's distaste in another elephant encroaching on his territory, Tia has managed to set up a successful cafe. She cheerfully provides comforting food and drink to everyone on the island, and has made friends with everyone who lives here, despite her rocky start. Shipwrecked on a trash-riddled island, Tia thought her luck had run out, but once she was invited to Utopia, everything changed for the better!

tumblr_inline_p8ljrkUDuP1qbn90k_75sq.gifv

Rocco | Cranky | Hippo
In another time and another place, Rocco and Micheal knew one another. Yes, they used to be friends... but that time is long gone now. Although technically not the oldest on the island, Rocco acts as the island's grandpa. His previous work in construction has left him tough against danger and crafted this hippo into an amazing problem solver. If there's a dispute on the island, he's the first to intervene and calm things down.

tumblr_inline_p9tifgYfDF1qbn90k_75sq.gifv

Beardo | Smug | Bear
Beardo is a fellow who comes from a rich background of business bears. He was quite spoiled throughout his life, and was recommended by his family to take a vacation to teach him a sort of lesson. On a camping trip to Utopia, he met Rocco, and it was love at first sight. He moved there swiftly, and began to date Rocco. The trustworthy and strong hippo now teaches the spoiled bear the life of someone who's always worked hard, and Beardo couldn't appreciate it more.

tumblr_inline_p8ljrtf2hM1qbn90k_75sq.gifv

Flora | Peppy | Flamingo Ostrich
After a tragedy that left Flora without a family, she acquired a plastic one and made way to Utopia for a new life. Though she's a flamingo, for some reason she claims she is an ostrich. Its best not to dig to much into it, and especially don't ask too many questions about her family. Flora's nothing but happy, happy, happy!! She can be almost overwhelming at times, but even with her strange ways, Flora just wants everyone around her to be her friend.

tumblr_inline_o2cgifPyUg1qzb5w4_75sq.gifv

Lucky | Lazy | Dog
Lucky- our resident undead. Discovered living alone on a desolate island, Lucky was brought back by Resident Rep. Micheal to try and get him a new, better life. He forgets how long he's been gone for, or why, but that doesn't break his spirits! In fact, Lucky is one of the silliest and most upbeat islanders! When he's not trying to scare someone with a cheap prank, he's sharing candy and being an open ear for any of his friends. He could not have been happier to meet Wisp.

Judy.png

Judy | Snooty | Bear Cub
At first glance, Judy is a sweet, though a little bit snobby little bear. However... she's got a darker side. She can be quite sadistic at times, and loves to dangle things that people want right out of reach. She takes great fun in playing with people's emotions, almost becoming cruel. It's quite the contrast to her adorable looks and disposition. She's able to get away with it, just 'cause she's so lovable and cute, but don't think that I'm not mad she took two hours to convince to move in properly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fey

Previous Residents

tumblr_inline_p9tiefqA4u1qbn90k_75sq.gifv

Diva | Uchi | Frog
Diva really does have a poor reputation for her looks, but when you get down to it she's absolutely amazing to be around. She's kind and lives up to being called "sisterly". She could come off as a little crass and direct but that's just her way of showing that she cared about people. Diva moved out on XX/XX/2020, moving to XXXX, a fashion-themed town where she's well loved. She was swiftly replaced with Rocco the Hippo.

tumblr_inline_p8ljruSeC41qbn90k_75sq.gifv

Lionel | Smug | Lion
Lionel was a strange sort. He wasn't the best at taking social queues and often tried to appear greater than he was. He meant well, though, as he was just a little anxious and scared of other's opinions. Lionel moved out on XX/XX/2020, replaced swiftly by Ruby the Moon Bunny.

tumblr_inline_p9tiemJyud1qbn90k_75sq.gifv

Mallary | Snooty | Duck
Mallary, though wishing best for others on the island, often butted heads with Shari. Mallary could be terribly blunt wit some of the things that she said and it could very often come off as rude. Telling someone to change clothes because they looked like a disaster, for example, isn't exactly the kindest thing to say to your friends. She left to pursue her fashion career, while also learning how to be a bit kinder while still getting her point across. Mallary moved out on XX/XX/2020, where Patty moved into her plot a few days later.

tumblr_inline_p8ljrtpRM51qbn90k_75sq.gifv

Penelope | Peppy | Mouse
Penelope insisted that she was going to move out, but there her she sat, in boxes, for a week. She attended town celebrations in silence, her same happy look always on her face. Was it really Penelope, that whole time? Penelope moved out on XX/XX/2020, a week after she said she would, moving to Sakura, the town of Micheal's mother.

tumblr_inline_p9tiehwPxT1qbn90k_75sq.gifv

Patty | Cow | Peppy
Patty moved out on XX/XX/2020, just a few days after she moved in. No one quite knows where she went. No one knew her long.

tumblr_inline_o2cgsxLkzS1qzb5w4_75sq.gifv

Ruby | Rabbit | Peppy
Ruby is a rabbit from the moon, come down to earth to learn all about the cool things we have to offer. She adored life on Utopia and really didn't want to leave, but she was welcomed with open arms to the island of XXXX, the island of Micheal's sibling. Ruby said goodbye to all her friends on 07/05/2020, when Melba moved in.

tumblr_inline_p8ljrs1lA91qbn90k_75sq.gifv

Melba | Koala | Normal
Melba is a traveling flower saleswoman. She came to Utopia to settle down, but that goal was short-lived as something came up with family back home. She only lived here about a week, but she was loved by the community immensely. She loved giving out flowers and sharing marshmallows. Utopia wishes her safe travels, and she will always be welcome back. Melba moved out on 07/14/2020, Judy moving into her place.

tumblr_inline_p9tifgQ2tn1qbn90k_75sq.gifv

Nate | Lazy | Bear
Nate was one of the first to move in on the island, but finally, he decided that he'd leave. He grabbed some bug friends and hit the road, moving to the island of XXXX, belonging to Micheal's friend Gray. Nate still loves to visit and see his old friends from Utopia. Nate moved out XX/XX/2020 and was replaced shortly therafter by Bob.​

Last edited:
April 29, 2020

Starting the island journal today!

Today I did a lot of online play with family and a little bit of friends. Lucky's house is being moved to a place on the cliffs where he can have his own little graveyard and feel truly at rest-- before it's time for a snack run. Ruby is moving in today, as well, and she can't wait to be unpacked.

There was a thunderstorm today- the thunder rolled viciously and lightning crackled for about an hour, though it seems to of slowed down since then. Our waters are still full as ever with rare fish!

Label came by town today, she wanted to see a work outfit. She gave me socks that I will probably never use, but its the thought that counts.

Reactions: Fey
April 30, 2020

A little late, but I'll fill everyone in on what happened on the island yesterday.

One of the first things Ruby did upon moving in was go to Lucky's house. I wonder if she has an interest in our dead? She seemed to enjoy singing K.K. Dirge.
That being said, Lucky's home is now fully set up, and it looks amazing. I'll be uploading pictures shortly.
I'm going to be moving everyone into a neighborhood for organization purposes. I've never been a "neighborhood" kind of player, I always have my whole town spread around, but I thought this might be fun to do for a change. I'll make room for parks and other projects that I want to get up to. Flora's house came first, and then Axel is being moved second. I think I'll then move Shari, Nate, Marina, Rocco, and Mallary, and perhaps Ruby, in that order. Ruby may stay up on the hill where she is, though, I still don't quite know.
Because I'm creating a new neighborhood, I'll have to be moving an entire portion of my river and crafting a LOT of hedges, but I think that it'll be worth it in the end.

It's a new day and a new month! Can't wait to see what new critters are in store!

May 1, 2020

The first of the month was quite uneventful, all things considered. I moved Axel's house today and caught a few new critters that are available this month.
I caught two snapping turtles, whom I dubbed Astrid and Mulder, off of my two dogs at home.

May 2, 2020

Finally sold my turnips for barely any profit- I had the random pattern this week, yeesh. I worked on my house a good bit today. I've got four rooms now that are complete. Well, my main room still needs plenty of work as I don't have a lot of the things I would like for it, but its theme is down, at the very least. The Happy Home Academy will be happy about this. And, for once, I've got pictures.

EXEIsOBUcAE0mP9
EXEIsOEUwAABVZF
EXEJ0HyVcAAm3Cw
EXEIsOjUYAEAjX1
EXEK-5dVcAABIyx
EXEIsNvVAAEqIzU

May 8, 2020

I know this was supposed to be a daily journal but that's not happening, obviously. But- there hasn't been much to say this week. Island life has been relatively calm, really. I've been focusing far more on real life due to me being graduating out of high school in less than a month now and with everything going on I've only been playing less and less each day, but I'll still update anyone following Utopia. It's pretty much a bulleted list of updates.

Actually, speaking of graduating, I've got a cap, gown, and diploma in Utopia now. Yeah, Wisp visited and gave me a formal paper, I had bought a graduation gown, and I got a scholar's hat from a balloon. Pretty weird if I do say so myself.

I successfully moved everyone into a little neighborhood! Marina, Ruby, Tia, and Lucky are the only ones who don't live there, and that's just fine. I've been told they all adore their plots of land and I couldn't be happier about it! Now the real issue is figuring out what to do with all this extra space I've opened up. I know I want to put a park in front of the neighborhood, but other than that I'm a little stuck at the moment. I'm sure inspiration will strike soon!

I've only got 5 fossils left to complete my exhibit!! This is so exciting, if not dreadfully slow. I know I'll find em eventually, I just gotta keep looking!

When Redd came by this week he offered me all fakes, but I went ahead and took the rock-head statue cause I've always found them really neat. It now sits greeting guests to Utopia!

I've got a plethora of DIY Recipes that I've already learned. I really ought to let folks into my island to pick some of these up- Isabelle was complaining.

Also, something I've noticed is that everyone's been visiting Lucky. Axel has, Ruby has, Mallary was there as well. I wonder why folks find Lucky to be such a friend. You'd think our resident undead might scare the neighbors a little, but in fact its the opposite story!

Turnip Prices are high! I'm gonna have myself a busy morning.

Resident Rep Micheal's been a little quiet, but he gave me permission to update this blog, yippee! My name is Cathy, I'm the newest move-in on Utopia. I actually moved in on the same day as Patty, our other newest resident! She moved in after Mallary left, I wish I could've met her, she seemed nice!

We finally got a 5-Star rating, yippee! It happened right after I moved in, maybe its my adorable-ness that helped. I've also already found a fossil or two for our ever growing museum's fossil exhibit. I think there's only three more fossils we gotta turn in before its full! We are putting some outside though to show off to guests. Micheal says its something about the island's rich history. If I had to be honest, I just think they're kinda neat.

My house is coming along nicely, but it sure is hard to earn all these bells to expand it. I want my house to be HUGE! I've got plans for every room of the house already, oh it's gonna be the best! And we can't forget the state-of-the-art kitchen for my guests to come enjoy! Micheal was a dear and gave me a whole bunch of furniture that I absolutely adore and can't wait to use!

Well... I think that's about it. I gotta admit there's not much for me to say since I've only been here for about a week, but I'm absolutely adoring it on Utopia! All the neighbors are so friendly, too!

July 14, 2020

Its been a while since I've written, huh? I couldn't even go through everything in detail. A lot has happened so let's just try to bullet point this as fast as possible!!

I in general stopped playing a lot for a while, but I think I'm getting back into the swing of things. We've had two move outs since last update. Ruby has moved out, just recently, to be replaced with Melba. Melba is actually moving out today to be replaced with Judy, yay!! Judy was an absolute pain in the butt to get to move in so I'm just thankful she's actually coming in. It's a little weird having Melba for such a short period only for her to move but still.

Did I never adjust that Patty moved out? She was replaced with Beardo!!

I've got a finished furniture catalog, and I still hoard clothes like crazy. Every room in my house is complete, except for my right room on my first floor. No idea what to do with it though I might make it a public toilet to go with my diner-themed main room.

I moved the park that was in front of the museum to be in front of the neighborhood. It fits a lot nicer there. I think I'm gonna make the now empty patch in front of the museum into a sitting area. With the plaza right there and the museum, I just think it'd be cool! I also changed the town entrance to be a little more summery.

The new update's given a lot to work with. I'm so excited for winter when I can get things like the spider crab. For now, I'm managing with the giant isopod, horseshoe crab, and snapping turtle. I have them all around on my island just chillin' and they add a lot of charm and humor.

I have SO MANY FLOWERS, yet I still can't breed blue roses for the life of me. I must've done something wrong. Next time Lief is selling rose seeds, I'll start breeding from scratch to get the perfect gene pool. I have finally contained my flowers using the clover custom design on my circular dirt paths. I would have a lot of issue when it rained, where flowers would spurt up on my paths out of control. It was an absolute pain but luckily it's all under control now. I also fenced off a few areas for flowers to try and help them against getting as out of control as they tend to get.

I could cover so much more but I think that's all the important stuff out of the way. Now I need to work on updating the past/present villagers, hm?

Back