• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Uh-oh.

OddCrazyMe said:
Bulerias said:
JJH0369 said:
Tom the Warrior said:
JJH0369 said:
Bulerias said:
Tom the Warrior said:
Bulerias said:
Tom the Warrior said:
Bulerias said:
Zero_13 said:
Buy a new one?
A... new nail? D:
Yeah, the NEW Synthetic Fingernails!
Yeeeeah, thanks, but no thanks. D:
Or stop in at your local beauty shop. XD
Yeah guys, seriously, that's not even funny. D:

If any of you were guitarists you'd understand
We're just messing with ya Bul. I play guitar too. Then again, my band doesn't get gigs. Maybe this is a bigger deal for you...
And I'm still learning and yeah, we're just playing. Wrap it in a band-aid.
Um Tom, that won't help the problem of the sound. At least I don't think it will.
See though, it sounds fine right now. What I'm concerned with is that it might break during the performance itself. I'd be like Paganini during that one concert...
Well worst case scenario would be you using a pick cause your nail broke.

So bring a pick just in case.
A pick? You mean, the most primitive way to play guitar? It's impossible to use it to play the music I play.

In any case, when someone can tell me how you can play the first and last string simultaneously using a pick, I'll start using one.

Privative? You're just trying to insult a way of playing because it might not completely apply to the style you play... I rarely see anyone use their finger nails. Probably the only people I know of... you and some guy I saw on TV once.

stormcommander said:
Privative? You're just trying to insult a way of playing because it might not completely apply to the style you play... I rarely see anyone use their finger nails. Probably the only people I know of... you and some guy I saw on TV once.
No, it's a primitive way of playing. You can't play anything other than a few notes and chords. That's primitive. You "rarely see" anyone using their fingernails because you don't know the guitar community... because you're not a guitarist. I can understand your brother is one, but... that's not the classical guitar community. It's just not.

You're trying to make it sound like the music you play (flamenco... etc: a lot of classical) is the only kind there is.

stormcommander said:
You're trying to make it sound like the music you play (flamenco... etc: a lot of classical) is the only kind there is.
I agree.

stormcommander said:
I'm saying that it's the most refined. Not flamenco, mind you. Flamenco has a long way to go until it is a refined art. Classical guitar music, or any kind of classical music, has lived throughout the ages, and has prevailed against ALL modern music. Country, rock, or any kind of modern music will simply not live as long.

The pick is a simplified fingernail that can be used for only a small amount of music. All you can do with it is strum chords and play a few melodies. That's not an opinion, that's a fact. You can't play, say, the first, second, and sixth string simultaneously with a pick, because a pick is like one finger.

However, when you have many fingers at your disposal, then yes, you can do that. Thus, the use of the pick is a return to the basest forms of guitar playing, and that is why I consider it to be very primitive.

stormcommander said:
prevailed against ALL modern music

Prevails as your preference.
Did I ever say it prevailed as your preference?

Don't think so.

Edit - Why do you think this music is called "classical"? Bach, Mozart, all of these composers... they are classics because they managed to survive. "Classic rock" is already beginning to be shunned by modern listeners, whilst classical music will survive through the ages.

You're trying to put what you like on a pedestal. The reality is that not everyone agrees with you're opinions.

stormcommander said:
You're trying to put what you like on a pedestal. The reality is that not everyone agrees with you're opinions.
I don't need anyone to agree with my opinions. Yes, I may sound arrogant when I write these things, but that's just the way I talk. No need to take offense or anything. Remember that this debate started with me saying "A pick? You mean, the most primitive way to play guitar? It's impossible to use it to play the music I play."

Music I play, not someone else.

Well that's not what you were saying before. You should have said something like "I can't use a pick for the way I want to play the style of music I want to play".

stormcommander said:
Well that's not what you were saying before. You should have said something like "I can't use a pick for the way I want to play the style of music I want to play".
Well, that's what I meant. As I said, some of the stuff I write can sometimes come off as a little arrogant; I don't mean it that way.

Ha ha ha... This is quite the argument. I used to be a percussionist, so I have no idea what you're going through, Bul. Just do what I used to do when something went wrong and I couldn't play my instrument. All you need to do is play the triangle and I promise you that nothing can go wrong.

yasuharu said:
Ha ha ha... This is quite the argument. I used to be a percussionist, so I have no idea what you're going through, Bul. Just do what I used to do when something went wrong and I couldn't play my instrument. All you need to do is play the triangle and I promise you that nothing can go wrong.
Daniel _______ - Trianglest

I see it now D:

OddCrazyMe said:
yasuharu said:
Daniel _______ - Trianglest

I see it now D:
lol

Back