Tudor vs Sethlon

Psychonaut

Bells
<div class='spoiler_toggle'>The Game</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">http://www.youtube.com/v/H_nEgihxvYc&feature=related</div>

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>tl;dr **** nobody cares about</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">ok, so for those who don't know, (which I guess is all of you, hurr) a year or two ago, whenever it was brawl came out, I considered myself a hotshot brawler.

I mained Ness, backup was Sheik/Lucas, sometimes Jiggles.

I got a reputation for playing Ness, since I could beat most everyone (except one guy that kicks/ed ass, bad, and another who I was more or less on-level with, consistently) using him.

anywho, a year or so passed, and I diverged from ness, since you can only get so good, y'know. I stumble upon the video that's linked in my sig. I am amazed, shocked, in awe, whatever. tudor = god tier samus.

so I main samus, and end up getting fairly good with her. I can't meteor smash all the time, but I mainly spam missles and keep my distance. (I don't play wifi, if you were wondering) I am in no way close to matching the amount of awesome and win that tudor has, but I would hope that if I ever played brawl again (lolyearlonghiatusatleast) that I would some day be on par with him. lol @ me/my hopes.

also,
I got my ass handed to me once, by sethlon, if that matters :p</div>

anyway, the video in the spoiler is of him vs sethlon, who's supposed to be a really badass falco player (one of the best in houston, at very least), and I thought I would share it with you. tudor's from las vegas/reno, I'm pretty sure. if only. ;-;

tl;dr, enjoy the vid.

Tyeforce said:
My friend Chris would destroy him (and anyone else).
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA u funny

either gb2/trawllin school, or take your friend to some brawl tournaments/link to one of his tourney vids.

competitive smash bros > regular smash bros

wifi aint *censored.2.0* but hoes and tricks, btw

Psychonaut said:
Tyeforce said:
My friend Chris would destroy him (and anyone else).
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA u funny

either gb2/trawllin school, or take your friend to some brawl tournaments/]Dude, don't think I don't know what I'm talking about. I meant what I said. I may not be a competitive Smasher myself, but I know all about it, and my friend certainly is a competitive Smasher. I don't have any footage of him to show you, though. He lives back where I used to, far from any big cities where real tournaments are held. He's only been to local tournaments, but I can assure you that he's better than most of the famous Smashers. I've seen many, many videos of famous Smashers...and I've faced Chris in real life. He's better than almost everyone. In fact, he's like a gaming god. I don't know how he does it, but he picks up a controller and is instantly pro at any game he plays. He doesn't even own most of the games that he's best at. I know that because I have no video proof or anything, all you have to go by is my word...but trust me. Take my word for it, because he's a damn good Smasher.

I'd doubt he's better than most the people at larger/real tournaments, and what a friend of mine used to call that kind of person (naturally good at a game) is "wreckshop".

as I said, gb2/trawllin school, or take your friend to brawl tournaments. if he's good, he should/'ve be/en going.

Psychonaut said:
I'd doubt he's better than most the people at larger/real tournaments, and what a friend of mine used to call that kind of person (naturally good at a game) is "wreckshop".

as I said, gb2/trawllin school, or take your friend to brawl tournaments. if he's good, he should/'ve be/en going.
He can't go to tournaments because they're too far from him, and he just can't afford to go to them. Besides, he doesn't particularly care if he goes to tournaments or not. He knows that he doesn't need to go to tournaments to know that he's great. And I can't take him to a tournament or record him playing even if I wanted to, because he lives on the other side of the country...

point is, your friend isn't the best ever. he's locally great, but I'm sure he's not better than most of the "famous"/serious bzns smashers, outside of those he's beaten already if he has beaten any.

I would apologize/take back my previous statement/this "argument"/debate if he was able to beat sethlon or tudor, but I don't see that ever happening, both because he doesn't go to tournaments, and because if he did, he'd be beaten.

it isn't a bad thing, it doesn't mean he has no skill, it just means he isn't as good as them, because they are the best, which is why they are known. period. I think I got one kill on sethlon when I played him, and I play/used to play more than any reasonable/sane person should.

if I remember correctly, also, there's a huge skill gap between a good melee player and a good brawl player, or the learning curve, something like that. brawl was a step down because melee was so fast, and brawl is much more floaty, or something along those lines. but that's completely aside from the point, really.

no one else has any comments?

Psychonaut said:
point is, your friend isn't the best ever. he's locally great, but I'm sure he's not better than most of the "famous"/serious bzns smashers, outside of those he's beaten already if he has beaten any.

I would apologize/take back my previous statement/this "argument"/debate if he was able to beat sethlon or tudor, but I don't see that ever happening, both because he doesn't go to tournaments, and because if he did, he'd be beaten.

it isn't a bad thing, it doesn't mean he has no skill, it just means he isn't as good as them, because they are the best, which is why they are known. period. I think I got one kill on sethlon when I played him, and I play/used to play more than any reasonable/sane person should.

if I remember correctly, also, there's a huge skill gap between a good melee player and a good brawl player, or the learning curve, something like that. brawl was a step down because melee was so fast, and brawl is much more floaty, or something along those lines. but that's completely aside from the point, really.

no one else has any comments?
You don't know that he's not as good as I say he is or not. Like I've said, I've seen the pros play, and he plays better than most (if not all, of what I've seen) of them. Yes, it's a pretty big statement, and yes, I realize that it's hard to believe without proof, but what reason do I have to lie? For starters, he's not exactly a very good friend to me, as he's betrayed me in the past. But I know what a great gamer he is, and I respect him for his skill. I try to tell people about him because he surely would be a famous gamer if he was able to participate in tournaments and such. And at least he is known slightly online, since he has an online fanclub for his name in Halo 2, in which he was among the top players before people started hacking (and even after hackers took over). In fact, he's so good, he's been banned many times from online games because the mods believed he was a hacker. He's that good. But what can I do? If you won't believe me, you won't believe me. At least I tried.

You're lucky because Houston has a huge smash scene with a great Samus player called Xyro. I'm sure you and him could meet up some time if you're open to new people and everything. There's also a member that regulars the site, his name is Trela, and he lives in houston too, so if you want to get any information from him you could probably PM him and get some info about tourneys and whatnot.

John102 said:
You're lucky because Houston has a huge smash scene with a great Samus player called Xyro. I'm sure you and him could meet up some time if you're open to new people and everything. There's also a member that regulars the site, his name is Trela, and he lives in houston too, so if you want to get any information from him you could probably PM him and get some info about tourneys and whatnot.
I don't care much for xyro, personally. he was at the tournament, and he seemed like a nice enough guy, but on youtube/internet he seems like an ass, but I could just be being a tudor fanboy.

tye, just shush.

I said your friend is good, I just said that he isn't as good as people who live for this kind of thing.

can't you see that I'm trying to come to an agreement/median? I said I can't beat them, so I'm obviously saying he's at very least as good as I am, if not better.

learn to agree with people. it's kinda a nice quality of people to be able to agree sometimes.

Eh, he likes to rouse things up, but I think he does it for the laughs mostly...

Anyways, there are tons of other quality players near Houston, so I'm sure finding another Samus player won't be hard. Like I said, contact Trela and he'll give you the 4-1-1

John102 said:
Eh, he likes to rouse things up, but I think he does it for the laughs mostly...

Anyways, there are tons of other quality players near Houston, so I'm sure finding another Samus player won't be hard. Like I said, contact Trela and he'll give you the 4-1-1
trela's a samus player? haven't ever heard of him/her. any vids/links?
I've only been to one "tournament" (maybe two? i don't remember) that's bigger than school/friends, and as I said, sethlon handed my ass to me on a silver platter. I'm great locally, there's one link player (lolwut, mirite?) that I simply cannot/could not beat, otherwise I'm at least tied with the better players locally, that I've played, of course. I tried to play everyone at my school, but I'm sure there's plenty I didn't play against. strange thing is the link player wasn't that good/didn't beat anyone else :/ lol

always made me proud to shut up another player who had a big mouth. words just can't describe.

and at the houston tournament I played an exhibition/scrim/whatever against another ness player, and beat him in a mirror match (yeaaaa buddy) but that was just for fun, and the chances of a ness mirror match are really low, I assume, so that means little in the big picture.

yeah, that's why I figured he was trawllin from post one, but alas, the debate raegs on.

I wonder if he even watched the video? *censored.2.0* ends so cash.

Psychonaut said:
John102 said:
I don't care much for xyro, personally. he was at the tournament, and he seemed like a nice enough guy, but on youtube/internet he seems like an ass, but I could just be being a tudor fanboy.

tye, just shush.

I said your friend is good, I just said that he isn't as good as people who live for this kind of thing.

can't you see that I'm trying to come to an agreement/median? I said I can't beat them, so I'm obviously saying he's at very least as good as I am, if not better.

learn to agree with people. it's kinda a nice quality of people to be able to agree sometimes.
I know you're not trying to start an argument, and neither am I. I'm just trying to make you believe me, which you're not doing. And what you're saying isn't coming to an agreement or median, it's saying that I'm a liar and don't know what I'm talking about. I'd be fine if you said that you do believe he is good (which you did), and that you're not so sure that he's as good as I claim him to be, but that he might be. But you don't even say that he might be. You flat out say that he isn't as good as I say he is, which is insulting to me, because I'm telling the honest truth here, and I have no reason to lie about it.

John102 said:
I don't like to rouse things up at all, and I certainly don't do it for the laughs. I wish people would understand that. It's come to a point where I absolutely despise TBT, because all it does is make me stressed out. But I can't not reply when someone responds to a post of mine, especially if they're attacking me or being ignorant. But in doing so, it creates an inevitable chain of replies, which becomes a big argument and sometimes even derails into a flame war. And, of course, people place the blame solely on me, never taking responsibility for their side of the argument.

the only reason I say he isn't as good as I say he is, is because he isn't. your truth and my truth are different. he isn't as good as the pros, whether you believe that or not. you aren't lying, and I never said you were a liar, please don't put words into my mouth like that.

just like I believe that tudor would own the *censored.2.0* out of xyro any day of the week, whether or not it's true, you believe the same about your friend. that's admirable that you believe in/support him that much, but realistically speaking, there's a large chance that he isn't as good as you make him out to be, whether or not you or anyone else believes it.

that's all I'm trying to say.

you do start arguments. it isn't on purpose, you're just very opinionated, and (in my opinion) need to learn how to let people believe what they want to believe, and know that you believe what you believe. (god, why can't I take the same advice when dealing with this/arguing with you -.-)

also, nice triple post, bro.

slightly more on-topic, you watched the video. cool beans. what did you think about it? ending was pretty cash, huh? :3

edit: also, I said that he probably would beat me/is better than me. that, in and of itself, is a huge step in conceding that I'm not as good as your friend/that your opinion has some value. please don't ignore that.

Psychonaut said:
the only reason I say he isn't as good as I say he is, is because he isn't. your truth and my truth are different. he isn't as good as the pros, whether you believe that or not. you aren't lying, and I never said you were a liar, please don't put words into my mouth like that.

just like I believe that tudor would own the *censored.2.0* out of xyro any day of the week, whether or not it's true, you believe the same about your friend. that's admirable that you believe in/support him that much, but realistically speaking, there's a large chance that he isn't as good as you make him out to be, whether or not you or anyone else believes it.

that's all I'm trying to say.

you do start arguments. it isn't on purpose, you're just very opinionated, and (in my opinion) need to learn how to let people believe what they want to believe, and know that you believe what you believe. (god, why can't I take the same advice when dealing with this/arguing with you -.-)

also, nice triple post, bro.

slightly more on-topic, you watched the video. cool beans. what did you think about it? ending was pretty cash, huh? :3
How do you know it's not the truth? Yes, it's very unlikely, as I've said, but you don't know that he's not as good as I say he is, so don't say that he isn't. You don't know. I wish I could prove it to you, but I can't. But at least respect what I'm saying and don't tell me that there's no way that it can be true, because I assure you, it's very true. Why can't a professional gamer be unknown and come from a small town? Do they all have to be famous and from big cities? Certainly not. There's no reason why what I'm saying can't be true, so don't tell me that it isn't.

And what do you mean by "cash"?

EDIT: And I do respect that you believe he's better than you, but you're still calling me a liar by telling me that what I'm saying can't be true.

Tyeforce said:
How do you know it's not the truth? Yes, it's very unlikely, as I've said, but you don't know that he's not as good as I say he is, so don't say that he isn't. You don't know. I wish I could prove it to you, but I can't. But at least respect what I'm saying and don't tell me that there's no way that it can be true, because I assure you, it's very true. Why can't a professional gamer be unknown and come from a small town? Do they all have to be famous and from big cities? Certainly not. There's no reason why what I'm saying can't be true, so don't tell me that it isn't.

EDIT: And I do respect that you believe he's better than you, but you're still calling me a liar by telling me that what I'm saying can't be true.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cash
second definition

my own logic/knowledge says that he will lose. what you are saying is that just because you believe someone will be able to do something does not mean that they can. I would get into analogies, but frankly, they'd be wasted and I'm fresh out of damns to give.

I never said you were a liar, I never said a good player can't come from a small town. the exact opposite has happened in "real" sports many a time, and those people are truly legends.

you need to realize that someone other than you may be right once in a while, though your opinions differ. your friend may be/probably is good, but there WILL be someone that will be able to beat him. the chances of your friend being the greatest, number 1 person in any way is so small that I would be grossly overestimating any number that I give to the chance.

on another note, *censored.3.0* you. I take back that he would be able to beat me. you speak for your friend poorly (arrogantly, might be a better word to describe it/yourself), in my opinion, and if he is truly as good as you say, I feel sorry for him, being represented by you, unless he is of the same nature. if you want to quit tbt as you have said in another thread, I honestly won't miss you, though I speak only for myself. logic has no effect on you, and, again, in my own personal opinion, you seriously need to reconsider how you carry yourself in conversations with other human beings, otherwise I feel sorry for anyone who has a conversation with you, now, or in the future. GOOD DAY, SIR.

Psychonaut said:
Tyeforce said:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cash
second definition

my own logic/knowledge says that he will lose. what you are saying is that just because you believe someone will be able to do something does not mean that they can. I would get into analogies, but frankly, they'd be wasted and I'm fresh out of damns to give.

I never said you were a liar, I never said a good player can't come from a small town. the exact opposite has happened in "real" sports many a time, and those people are truly legends.

you need to realize that someone other than you may be right once in a while, though your opinions differ. your friend may be/probably is good, but there WILL be someone that will be able to beat him. the chances of your friend being the greatest, number 1 person in any way is so small that I would be grossly overestimating any number that I give to the chance.

on another note, *censored.3.0* you. I take back that he would be able to beat me. you speak for your friend poorly (arrogantly, might be a better word to describe it/yourself), in my opinion, and if he is truly as good as you say, I feel sorry for him, being represented by you, unless he is of the same nature. if you want to quit tbt as you have said in another thread, I honestly won't miss you, though I speak only for myself. logic has no effect on you, and, again, in my own personal opinion, you seriously need to reconsider how you carry yourself in conversations with other human beings, otherwise I feel sorry for anyone who has a conversation with you, now, or in the future. GOOD DAY, SIR.
How can your own knowledge or logic say that he will lose, when you've never even seen him play?! The plain fact is that you don't know that he's not as good as I say he is. And I never said that he's the best player out there, as you seem to believe I did. I know that there's someone out there who can beat him. He's been beaten before. Like, once or twice. That's it. And I'm sure some of the pros can beat him, but I'm also sure that he can beat a lot of the pros, too. I don't know why you refuse to even acknowledge that he might be as good as I say he is. And I do know what I'm talking about. I've played him, and I've seen him play against others, and I've also seen many, many professional videos. I can confidently say that he is, without a doubt, on the same level as the professionals.

You say that logic has no effect on me, but you're the one who's being illogical. You say that you're not calling me a liar, but at the same time you're not believing what I'm telling you. Guess what? That's the same thing! You're contradicting yourself.

You don't have to believe what I'm telling you, but at least don't deny the fact that it is possible. You're "logic" can't prove it wrong.

Anyway...let's just put and end to this. I'm not trying to make enemies with anyone here, though it always seems like that's the outcome...

Tyeforce said:

goodday.jpg

I BELIEVE I SAID GOOD DAY.

edit: so how bout that brawl?

Back