• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Tortimer Island??

BellaTreee^^

Asian Powa! x333
Bells
Hmm..
yesterday i was in Tortimer Island.. i was out catching palm tree bugs. and a girl came in.. i was minding my own business and she just asked me for 1mil... i began to give her tips on how to make money and she started getting mad. i decided to leave since she started getting angry but she didnt let me. she wont close her pockets... and i filled all 4 pannels of rare bugs in the basket but the only way to leave was the power button.. it took me a long time to fill because the bugs hardly spawned that time. i didnt want to press it cause i dont want to... but yeah.. i lost all my bugs...

Yeah, that's the island scam. People do that to try and get you to give them money. If you want to get out of it just power off or flick your wifi switch. Don't be silly enough to give them any money. You might lose your bugs but that's not as bad as forking over money to a bully.

If you just ignore them or tell them you don't have any money it might just make them mad, which could be fun to mess with!

All in all, just don't hand over any money. Either wait it out or end the game.

This is mainly the reason why you only do rare-beetle farming on your own island :p

I fake afk until they get bored XD

On club islands it's best to catch one or two things to pay for the trip. Any more than that is risky.

Yeah, this is why I never catch bugs except on my own island. If some people think they can get away with being a jerk they often will be one.

Don't do bug catching on Club Tortimer. When someone comes, go to the box and pretend to put in bugs. Maybe they'll make you a hostage.

Back