• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Thoughts on... selfies..

I personally despise taking selfies & find it boring to watch other people's selfies.

The biggest problem I have with selfies is how people like to photoshop themselves. It's nice and all if you have the confidence to share pictures of you on the internet.. but the motive of ''confidence'' gets thrown right out the window the moment you photoshop your picture. Then it's just crying for attention. if that makes sense

Last edited:
I don't get what's with selfies. Most of them are those popular attentionwhores at school.
Why would you post a picture when no one would really ca-

"Reggie just liked my selfie, what a creep."

If you feel like you look good on a particular day, dont be afraid to take a photo? Take pride in your looks. I have very low self esteem and rarely take pictures so on the few occasions where I dress up (usually in cosplay or lolita) are the only times i take pictures.

Or between friends, as jokes and stuff. I make a lot of funny faces.

...But when someones taking a billion every single day it can be quite narcissistic. Like all things, theyre good in moderation.

BUT FIRST LEMME TAKE A SELFIE.
Aha I'm sorry, I had to. c': And I don't take very many. I only have one on my Instagram page (why would I tell you what my user is?), and it has the most likes out of all my photos currently. ^u^
I do feel kind of self conscious about them though, so that's why I don't like to take them often unless I'm with my friends. c: Yeah, with them, you better be prepared for a trip to Selfie World. ^u^'

people taking pics in a bathroom at all really bother me
like ive been so many people on facebook taking selfies with toilets behind them um gross

I hate this whole "attention whore" business. First of all, it's implied slut shaming; second of all, there's nothing wrong with wanting attention. Don't let people take away the attention that gives you confidence or the confidence you have and show by posting selfies. They're not hurting anybody, are they? They're just making themselves feel good. How could you hate that? I mean, I completely understand the annoyance of your entire dashboard/photo stream/instagram feed being swarmed with selfies (because you didn't really follow them for selfies, did you?) but please don't shame people about it. They're making themselves happy and not hurting anybody doing it.

I don't and can't take selfies, it's so awkward for me, but I do love it when people take selfies. I actually have extreme respect for them because I can't do it :[ Like, I can't even smile.. Even when someone takes a picture of me, I just.. I end up killing it :=

They're like. Totes great. Totes.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't and can't take selfies, it's so awkward for me, but I do love it when people take selfies. I actually have extreme respect for them because I can't do it :[ Like, I can't even smile.. Even when someone takes a picture of me, I just.. I end up killing it :=
You should duckface. It's the answer to like. Everything.

I've taken one selfie in my life and that's bcos some people wanted to see my face COUGHCOUGHMAKKINEANLITTLEBEARYCOUGH

I like them unless the person is frowning in all of them. Why take a dozen pictures of yourself looking grumpy? That's not fun

I took selfies more when I got my braces off :) I don't post loads but if I go out on a night out I'll share either a group picture or a selfie ^.* too many is over the top and if I'm honest, the duck face is the worst face ever.

I took selfies more when I got my braces off :) I don't post loads but if I go out on a night out I'll share either a group picture or a selfie ^.* too many is over the top and if I'm honest, the duck face is the worst face ever.
*cries*

Back