• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Things you didn't know about forever?

I just found out today that as long as at least one of your 4 characters isn't a member of club tortimer, the papers will always be sold at the island gift shop. The only way of opening the slot for another island item is making everyone a member, then the papers will stop appearing in the shop.

I just found out today that as long as at least one of your 4 characters isn't a member of club tortimer, the papers will always be sold at the island gift shop. The only way of opening the slot for another island item is making everyone a member, then the papers will stop appearing in the shop.

Yikezas, that's why it's always there! I just assumed the third slot was only available when on Club Tortimer or something.

I've been reading this thread and I feel like an addicted. I knew everything said here.

For the longest time I had no clue that if you spoke to a villager from another town that was in boxes ready to move you could ask them to move to your town until I joined the bell tree forums haha I can't believe I didn't figure it out earlier!!

It took me at least a year to figure out that when you interact with the piggy bank, you deposit 1 bell each time! XD
Also I literally just found out by accident that when you walk you can run using L or R instead of pressing B! :0

Took me forever to realize 3 things: 1 You can place items on bridges, 2 You can place items on the slope down to the beach, 3 Bamboo shoots can stack like fruits...hate my life XD

For some reason, it took me like a full month to figure out how to stack fruit. I would always get frustrated with how little I could carry at a time but then I realized I was just an idiot

I only just recently found out you can jump off the cliff into the ocean if you have your wetsuit on.

I only just recently found out you can jump off the cliff into the ocean if you have your wetsuit on.

I've had this game since release and I didn't know that! I'll have to try it c:

I just learned while making shirts for my villagers that, when you're editing the color you're using, you can tap another and instantly go there. For years I thought you had to exit the menu and open it again...

What are some things about AC:NL that took you years to discover? For example, I only just realized the colour palette can be customised when making a design. Like, each colour within the palette can be picked yourself. I assumed the same limitation as Wild World was in place all these years!

Also, for the longest time I thought, like a dolt, that bamboo was a PWP. Don't ask why.

I didn't know what hybrids were until like... 3 or 4 months ago? Haha. And, I've been playing this game for years.

I saw a gif of someone jumping off the cliff in a wetsuit on tumblr yesterday and I was like "what sorcery is this???"

Last edited:
It took me at least a year to figure out that when you interact with the piggy bank, you deposit 1 bell each time! XD
Also I literally just found out by accident that when you walk you can run using L or R instead of pressing B! :0

I didn't know either of these before your post! Can you get the bells out of the piggy bank again?

I only just learned a few days ago that you can get a tan in this game. I thought you could pick skin colour somehow at the start or based on your Mii

Back