• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

The Vegan and Vegetarian Thread

I have to say I respect you guys. I'm such a picky eater I could never be a vegan.
But. I think how you guys eat and stuff is pretty rad.

Couldn't agree with you more bowie! I first saw videos like that when I was 11 or so. It's no wonder I became vegetarian at 12 ha. :rolleyes: I'd only like to add that there are a couple of excuses, one being expenses. I have a couple of friends that would very much like to be vegetarian or vegan, but they genuinely couldn't afford to. :(

On that point, I don't completely agree. Yes, processed vegan foods can be pretty expensive. And that does make it harder in a way. Sometimes though, you are getting good quality ingredients that justify the price, so if you can afford it, then it's not a waste of money.

I try to eat them sparingly though, because money aside, processed/freezer/junk food is usually not that nutritional-they still tend to be packed with sugar, salt, unhealthy oils and additives...and honestly if I can make something similar myself, cheaper and healthier then I try to do that.

Foods that most people eat, like beans/legumes, whole grains, fruits, veggies, etc...they're usually not expensive. We just don't have a slab of meat next to it on our plates. So it shouldn't really be any different from grocery shopping as an omnivore, minus the cost of animal products.

Plus omnivore foods tend to be cheaper because someone else is paying the price somewhere else. Whether it's the animals, the farmer or factory workers, the shop employees, outsourcing, etc...they pay the price so the consumer can get a bargain.

And cheap filler ingredients, hormones, GMO's, antibiotics, dyes, etc. also keep prices down.

Having said that, I honestly don't know if EVERYONE can be vegetarian/vegan. I had my own excuses why I didn't try to be vegan sooner in life. So I try not to judge anyone for their choices, since I don't like being judged myself.

I've seen many many vegan foods that are just mouth watering. I've thought of trying to be vegetarian or vegan the only problem I have is that I don't enjoy/like the taste of vegetables so what am I going to live off. Solar energy? :'D haha

I've seen many many vegan foods that are just mouth watering. I've thought of trying to be vegetarian or vegan the only problem I have is that I don't enjoy/like the taste of vegetables so what am I going to live off. Solar energy? :'D haha

It's actually a common misconception that us vegans and vegetarians eat rabbit food. Yes, we eat slightly healthier, but where I am we can eat fake meat, which is basically the same except there's no real meat in it. Trust me, some of us hardly ever eat as healthy as you're thinking.

It's actually a common misconception that us vegans and vegetarians eat rabbit food. Yes, we eat slightly healthier, but where I am we can eat fake meat, which is basically the same except there's no real meat in it. Trust me, some of us hardly ever eat as healthy as you're thinking.

Well yes I know, my best friend is Vegan thus why i think the food looks yummie, but what exactly can be incorporated into my daily meals without involving vegetables, since I hate them

Well yes I know, my best friend is Vegan thus why i think the food looks yummie, but what exactly can be incorporated into my daily meals without involving vegetables, since I hate them

I'm not that big a fan of certain vegetables either, but you can't even taste most of them or even see them.

Well, there's other thing you can eat other than vegetables, but yeah they are a big part of eating healthy as a vegan/vegetarian.

I thought I hated veggies my WHOLE life. But when I went vegan I tried different vegetables than I'd ever had before (like artichoke, asparagus, beets, corn, potatoes, endive, etc)...you'd be surprised how delish some of those are. I love them now.

Also how you prepare them makes a difference. I prefer lightly steamed or raw, crunchy veggies. But other people like them really well-done. You may just not like the texture of them if they're cooked a certain way.

Plus there are sauces and different toppings you can try that really can add to the flavor.

Honestly, I NEVER thought I would say this, but now I love vegetables. I don't love them all...but there are enough I love that I can be satisfied with good food. And if I don't love something, like turnips, I just smoosh it into mashed potatoes, and I don't even know it's there. :)

Whats the differance between a vegan and a Vegeterian?

from my knowledge.....
mostly, vegetarians do not eat meat or fish and are ok with using products that come from animals

vegans do not eat/use anything that derive from animals like for example they do not drink cow milk or use leather coats in addition to not eating meat.

someone correct me if im wrong.

Veganism is like a stricter version of vegetarianism. Vegans don't eat any animal products at all whereas vegetarians don't eat any meat (some vegetarians eat chicken and fish but I'm not sure they would be true vegetarians).

Last edited:
I've been vegetarian for around 6 years (since I was 9 or 10). I became vegetarian with a friend as we both share the same views on practically everything including animal rights. I wasn't the biggest fan of meat before and I preferred the vegetarian food my aunt would cook for us when we visited so becoming vegetarian was pretty easy for me. I might try to become vegan later in life but my family is against it, especially as I'm not fully grown yet. I don't really know if it's true but I don't want to mess anything up.

One question I have is, is being vegan cheaper or more expensive than being vege? A lot of people have told me being vege is good at uni as it's cheaper but I'm wondering about vegan too as uni would be the time I would try become vegan

I've been vegetarian for around 6 years (since I was 9 or 10). I became vegetarian with a friend as we both share the same views on practically everything including animal rights. I wasn't the biggest fan of meat before and I preferred the vegetarian food my aunt would cook for us when we visited so becoming vegetarian was pretty easy for me. I might try to become vegan later in life but my family is against it, especially as I'm not fully grown yet. I don't really know if it's true but I don't want to mess anything up.

One question I have is, is being vegan cheaper or more expensive than being vege? A lot of people have told me being vege is good at uni as it's cheaper but I'm wondering about vegan too as uni would be the time I would try become vegan

In my opinion being vegan is probably a little more expensive, but it all depends on what you like to eat! Typically though, you need to spend more on fruit and vegetables since that's what you'll probably be eating most. Grains, pasta and stuff are pretty cheap though so it's not too bad!

I made the best homemade falafel the other day. SUPER AMAZING. I am going to have to continue to make them, I even made the tzatziki sauce to accompany it. MMm, and my non-vege family loved them too!

Have any of you guys tried Oatly?? Was it good? ;v;

I saw it the other day and I wanted to try it, but omg it was expensive af

I'm not vegan but I've tried oatly, I think its bland personally but its not that different to milk, I suggest trying other milk alternatives though.

Back