• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

The Story of Nebuen II

Game
New Horizons
Island/Town Name
Nebuen II
Hemisphere
North
Native Fruit
Peach
Native Flower
Pansies

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Bells
Switch
1778-2704-5495
November Birthstone (Topaz)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
June Birthstone (Pearl)
May Birthstone (Emerald)
April Birthstone (Diamond)
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
January Birthstone (Garnet)
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
July Birthstone (Ruby)
After coming back to the forums the other day I decided to finally get back into Animal Crossing. My childhood copy of New Leaf was somewhere in a storage facility, so I decided to boot up New Horizons despite becoming bored of it. I opened the game and Timmy and Tommy greeted me like I was a new player. As it turns out my original save file of New Horizons from launch day is gone forever. I didn't know there was a tool to transfer islands to new systems and I ended up losing my 5 star island, 10,000,000 bells, and fully expanded house. I had wiped my original Switch and sold it over a year ago in favor of a new one. so there was no going back. 245 hours wasted. With my fancy Switch OLED and third party joycon grip in hand it was time to start over.

This Island Journal will chronicle each play session I spend on this playthrough until I get my second island to five stars and complete the museum. To this day I've never completed a museum in any Animal Crossing game. How long this will take I'm not sure. Without further ado, let's get started.

The first thing I noticed was how much better this game looks on the Switch OLED compared to past versions of the Switch. The contrast is higher and the colors truly pop on the screen, but unlike some games, doesn't look oversaturated. I've had a theory Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is one of the games the OLED's colors were calibrated with in mind and I think this game might be one too.

On the insert name screen I decided to enter "Neb" this time instead of my real name like before to try something different. For the character creation screen I went with dark brown hair, a wide smile, pale skin, a hairstyle with a side part, and a triangle nose. Other than the eyes, which I had to make brown instead of hazel, he looks pretty close to me. I was stuck between choosing two islands. I ended up going with the island with a river that flows between the east, center, northwest, and center south of the island. Halfway through the river is an islet situated just slightly to the west of the center of the island by Nook's tent. To the north of the island is a wide hill that covers most of the top 20% of the island with two peaks and the western peak has a dead end for the river.
2024051723040000-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Once I left the airport I was greeted by Timmy, Tommy, Sly, and Kat. I've had both of those villagers before, so it was a pleasant surprise. I placed my tent by a small pond on the southeast side of the island and put the villager's tents side by a side by a river in the center south side of the island. I gathered ten branches like Tom Nook wanted and named the island Nebuen II. I wanted to reference my first island while using cool Greek numerals instead of a generic number symbol.

After that I began to get rid of the many weeds that filled up the portion of the island I was stuck in. As I did this chore I made sure to pick up any peaches, rock pieces, or branches I missed. I talked to Sly and he expressed his struggle to catch a fish and Katt gave me a recipe card that contained a leaf umbrella.

I finished cleaning the island and went inside to talk to Tom Nook. He said I had the materials needed to make a flimsy fishing rod. I built the item and once I was done I went outside to fish. My first catch was a tire in the river, but at the very least I got a new recipe idea out of it. I moved to the ocean in the southside by the pier and caught two horse mackerel, a coral, and a squid. Content with my fishing for the night, I checked in with Timmy, Tommy, and Tom Nook to see what else I could do. I showed Tom Nook a horse mackerel and he got the idea to build a museum with his friend Blathers. I received the insects and sea creatures app on the phone. I donated the remaining sea creatures I had to Tom Nook and went to Timmy to sell the peaches I gathered around the island. I decided I was done for the night since it was almost 11 pm. At the end of the session I earned my first 4,250 bells and had 2,600 Nook miles! I feel optimistic for what will happen next.
2024051723050500-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Last edited:
After pulling an all nighter, I walked over to my nearest Starbucks, got a few things to eat with a cold brew coffee, sat down at a table, and booted up New Horizons. I began cleaning the island of some weeds and picked up the newly spawned branches. Once I picked up around 14 of them, I went inside Nook's tent and built myself an axe, net, and crafting table. I set the crafting table just to the right of my house for easy access and began chopping trees and rocks. On the first rock I tried I managed to get some bells. Doing that and selling some weeds got my bell total up to 10,000. On one tree I sadly hit a wasp's nest and had no choice but to get stung.
2024051807183800-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

I took the bugs I caught after gathering wood to Tom Nook and unlocked the option to choose where to place the museum! I decided to put the museum just to the right of the square.

2024051807225700-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Next time I'll be helping my mom set up her save file and pick where to put her own tent while taking some screenshots. Stay tuned!

I spent a few days in the woods without my laptop, so I wasn't able to upload screenshots for the this part of the island journal. In the meantime I made a lot of progress! I decided to start doing some time travelling since this is my second island and I already spent a ton of time on the original. Here's what happened.

First I managed to unlock the museum and Nook's Cranny. I had them placed side by side just to the right of the island square. I also unlocked the pole and was able to clear out a huge chunk of the island of weeds. While I used a Nook Miles ticket I went to a deserted island and picked up some coconuts for my home island. Half of the trees have grown, while the other half are still growing.
2024052422205700-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

I also paid off my first house loan and expanded my main room to it's fullest size! Before I can unlock more rooms I still have to pay Nook back 198,000 bells. The interior isn't very good so far, but I'll get there.

2024052820271500-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Back