• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

The one year challenge

Joan was selling for 109 today, so I spent roughly 60k because I know I can easily make that back if Turnip prices are awful this week.

After 6 hours of the diving trick I finally got a PWP recommendation...

Modern bridge.

Ty deena. Now I can landscape ;@

I realized the other day that Colton is directly behind the Town Hall. I'll post a picture of my map soon.

After 6 hours of the diving trick I finally got a PWP recommendation...

Modern bridge.

Ty deena. Now I can landscape ;@
O_O thats some really bad luck. Did you start the diving trick while villagers were asleep? During the Tournament? The most its ever taken me to get a suggestion is 2 hours and Ive been doing this since 2013 D8

No but lets just say All of tem now have a new nickname for me and they al have a new catchprhase and greeting

So I said yesterday I did a lot of rambling with Paperboy, and here is the gist of what I was saying. The entire conversation went on for about a half hour.

The challenge isn't just a challenge. I was thinking about a year from now, January 1st 2016, how I sit beneath my huge town tree under an aurora, reliving the entire challenge from the moment I set foot in town to that very day. I expressed how we have so much to do, so much to see, so much to earn, and we will do it as one. We all work as one, resolving towards one goal. Regain our love and motivation for Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

I also expressed how the challenge has changed my outlook on the game, life and certain people. When I first joined, I greatly doubted myself. I was an avid TTer, and I'd tried to force myself to stop before but I couldn't. I thought I wouldn't last more than a few days. But I realized that it was because I had you all behind me, supporting me and everybody the entire way.

Before this challenge, I hated people who were always claiming TTing was less rewarding than non TTing, because I felt rewarded since it was my first AC game. I always saw it as "we're better than you", but now that I've actually gone for 2 weeks with no TTing, my view has changed. It IS rewarding to see your town grow naturally, as it would in real life. TTing is still something I support and love, but I can agree with all those people who say it is rewarding, because it truly is.

I learned a valuable lesson. "Never look to the past and think what if. The past is the past, and it can never be touched. The only thing you can do is look for a better tomorrow." When I TTed, I rarely thought about the day and how precious it all was. But now that I do take my time, I realize there is always time to look forward to tomorrow.

Additionally, the challenge made it so I didn't have to lose my interest so quickly anymore. Like Toeto, I reset multiple times but I've never been satisfied with it. I've had a perfect map with apples, a green station and Re-Tail right near the dock, but I reset from that town too. But now that I've taken up this map without even resetting, I feel so attached to it already and I can't bear the thought of resetting it, even though it is nowhere near perfect.

If you actually took the time to read all of that, have a cookie.

So I said yesterday I did a lot of rambling with Paperboy, and here is the gist of what I was saying. The entire conversation went on for about a half hour.

The challenge isn't just a challenge. I was thinking about a year from now, January 1st 2016, how I sit beneath my huge town tree under an aurora, reliving the entire challenge from the moment I set foot in town to that very day. I expressed how we have so much to do, so much to see, so much to earn, and we will do it as one. We all work as one, resolving towards one goal. Regain our love and motivation for Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

I also expressed how the challenge has changed my outlook on the game, life and certain people. When I first joined, I greatly doubted myself. I was an avid TTer, and I'd tried to force myself to stop before but I couldn't. I thought I wouldn't last more than a few days. But I realized that it was because I had you all behind me, supporting me and everybody the entire way.

Before this challenge, I hated people who were always claiming TTing was less rewarding than non TTing, because I felt rewarded since it was my first AC game. I always saw it as "we're better than you", but now that I've actually gone for 2 weeks with no TTing, my view has changed. It IS rewarding to see your town grow naturally, as it would in real life. TTing is still something I support and love, but I can agree with all those people who say it is rewarding, because it truly is.

I learned a valuable lesson. "Never look to the past and think what if. The past is the past, and it can never be touched. The only thing you can do is look for a better tomorrow." When I TTed, I rarely thought about the day and how precious it all was. But now that I do take my time, I realize there is always time to look forward to tomorrow.

Additionally, the challenge made it so I didn't have to lose my interest so quickly anymore. Like Toeto, I reset multiple times but I've never been satisfied with it. I've had a perfect map with apples, a green station and Re-Tail right near the dock, but I reset from that town too. But now that I've taken up this map without even resetting, I feel so attached to it already and I can't bear the thought of resetting it, even though it is nowhere near perfect.

If you actually took the time to read all of that, have a cookie.

I wish I could experience that exact feeling you explain at first, too bad I started my new town on like the 9th or something :/

I can't say that I enjoy one playstyle over the other. Truthfully I find them both equally enjoyable/rewarding. But I can say that this challenge has helped me become more involved with the community :)

Him well something has happened to my game and honestly Im not really sure what. But it doesnt seem to be working so Ive gotten out my second game card and started a fresh, I hope this doesnt cause too much trouble...
Im currently on the third and will keep TT tomorrow somI can catch up :)
My town and mayor name are the same but my town fruit is now oranges and here is a list of my villagers:
Diana (Dreamie! Shes staying), Doc, Vic, Sprinkle, Skye, Hazel (Dreamie but terrible location, gonnalet her go)

Back