• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Mafia The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Mafia: Endgame MAFIA WINS

Nah, nobodies actively saw Kit lurking and said anything about it which likely means that she hasn't been viewing the thread that much. Two posts in the course of 15 minutes isn't "quite a bit". I'll be slightly sus of her replacement due to the content of those reads. Also, that's just mean at the end

online as in active on the forum

and dude I'm not attacking kit personally but you got to admit it happens quite often in games, either blue replaces out due to lack of time or scum replaces out due to pressure or lack of time, very rarely do townies ask for replacement

and dude I'm not attacking kit personally but you got to admit it happens quite often in games, either blue replaces out due to lack of time or scum replaces out due to pressure or lack of time, very rarely do townies ask for replacement

Ok, yeah, that does happen often, but she's made no posts since those two sussing Evan and Dad. I still scumread her due to the content, but part of why I was scumreading her was inactivity

Maybe things have changed over the past year but back when I was actively hosting a lot I found it was usually townies dropping out due to finding their role boring. Or scum - often scum actually.

I'm one of this special people then.

Although to be fair, that week was one of the worst weeks of my life.

i do consider what aronthaer did as a slip

the reason i didn't scumread bianca was because she said a line about her alignment very matter-of-fact, (after her "scum meta" thing) can't remember specifics now but i thought her tone was genuine at the time. but yeah it's pretty irrelevant now, not really a read i have held onto

i would say that you should be lynched first because

1. i'm more confident on you, i have more reasons to scumread you than i do to scumread aronthaer (his is mostly because i think he slipped, never really noticed him before that)

2. because if you're scum together you started off by bussing him which could mean that he's less of an important role than you

Ok, I know we've been derailed, but anybody agree with this (not me>Aron for lynch preference, but that I should be lynched over Aron despite him slipping in Glow's view, or that I'm scummier than somebody who slipped)

Dolby
Comes across as both confident and uncertain at the same time. I found it hard keeping track of his tone at times. He seemed to bounce around lynch targets and used very causal language, "fine" with lynching Kit (#579), "down for" a lynch on Evan (#610), etc. He didn't seem to care too much who the lynch target was. In-between those two posts I've also noted he tried to push a lynch on inactives (specifically throwing out my name along with Kit and Cleb's).

On the other hand, he has contributed a lot to the discussion. This is why I'm finding it hard to read him. Whenever I played with Dolby he's always been modkilled for being inactive or done just enough to stay in the game regardless of his alignment. So seeing him actually play is like a whole new ball game for me and I'm not sure what to make of it. However, I will say that I don't think I agree with glow's mammoth post on him. I can't follow the logic in it.

In a state that I prefer to describe as something resembling Le Chatelier's Principle, for any of you with knowledge in chemistry, and each post he makes is upsetting the equilibrium in the reaction. For those who don't, it means my opinion of him jumps from post to post. I might need to ISO his posts to form a proper opinion but I'll be honest I really don't feel like doing that right now.

i agree with a lot of your reads actually, except this. i strongly recommend you to not consider dolby as town because he's active and contributing

everyone knew he was quiet as maf, and that was his biggest tell forever. he's since changed his meta, here's one of his recent scum games if you'd like an example: x

his posts have extremely similar content to this game:

1. very frequent posts, he rarely goes longer than a few hours without posting
2. majority are short posts, 1-2 lines
3. LOTS of questions to others, it's what he does the most often in his content.
4. devoid of emotion, objective posts..... this is likely a playstyle thing and less an alignment thing, but i mention this because i do remember some games where dolby was town and he gets very convicting in his reads when he believes in something. i specifically remember a game where i was mafia and he was town, and he was very persistent about his opinions. he narrowed in on 3-4 people and was completely relentless about it, pretty much carrying town iirc
5. when he makes reads he has long lists of people he calls town, but he almost never makes posts narrowing on one singular target
6. whenever someone scumreads him, he tries to divert their attention to other players by asking who susses them about their other scumreads (something he did to me not long ago)

if i have enough time i can try to ISO him to explain more. i've been trying to be less reliant on meta in general, but i just had to mention it because i don't want that to be the reason you think he's town

I agree that u should be lynched first simply bcuz I don't view Aron as scum and I don't see what he did as a slip

If I were a townie on the verge of dying I'd probably claim blue to save my face then admit I'm a townie after phase ends

A lot of tunnelling going on from Glow here, it reminds me of what she did to Tensu when she was town.

I think it's completely valid here as it was then, townie signals galore am I right?

daniel's role and kit's role could be scum, as I only see really the necessity to replace out more higher in scum than town

okay i can't find the post, and ive got to go but this is important so please don't gloss over it

what aron did was a slip, yes. but town can slip and make mistakes as well (happens a lot in epic mafia lmao) something important to consider is he made a post talking about playing mafia games where town is represented as blue and mafia as red

this is something i didn't see him mention before (did he mention this at the time when fleshy/others called him out about it?)

so yes it's a slip, but whether or not he's scum it's hard to say now. please lynch dolby first

this is something i didn't see him mention before (did he mention this at the time when fleshy/others called him out about it?)

The closest thing I play to this frequently is werewolf. in the card version of Werewolf, all town roles are blue and werewolves are red. it was an honest misphrasing, I was unaware of that.

I posted this literally one minute after Fleshy originally corrected me.

Had a bit of a busy night, will probably end up heading to bed earlier tonight too, I'll try to stick around and contribute as much as I can though.

What are people's thoughts on Kit replacing out btw?

I feel very mixed on this, but it's hard because I don't recall her saying anything about being too busy or anything. It's giving me more of a town vibes, I doubt her scumbuds would be happy with her dropping out like that, and would probably coach her on what to say when she was being sussed instead, if she were scum. Possibly she didn't feel she could contribute as town, was bored, or busy, it is possible she is scum and didn't tell her scumteam, or they didn't care, but I think it's more inductive of town honestly.

i agree with a lot of your reads actually, except this. i strongly recommend you to not consider dolby as town because he's active and contributing

everyone knew he was quiet as maf, and that was his biggest tell forever. he's since changed his meta, here's one of his recent scum games if you'd like an example: x

his posts have extremely similar content to this game:

1. very frequent posts, he rarely goes longer than a few hours without posting
2. majority are short posts, 1-2 lines
3. LOTS of questions to others, it's what he does the most often in his content.
4. devoid of emotion, objective posts..... this is likely a playstyle thing and less an alignment thing, but i mention this because i do remember some games where dolby was town and he gets very convicting in his reads when he believes in something. i specifically remember a game where i was mafia and he was town, and he was very persistent about his opinions. he narrowed in on 3-4 people and was completely relentless about it, pretty much carrying town iirc
5. when he makes reads he has long lists of people he calls town, but he almost never makes posts narrowing on one singular target
6. whenever someone scumreads him, he tries to divert their attention to other players by asking who susses them about their other scumreads (something he did to me not long ago)

if i have enough time i can try to ISO him to explain more. i've been trying to be less reliant on meta in general, but i just had to mention it because i don't want that to be the reason you think he's town

Will look into this tomorrow. I need sleep. First day at new uni tomorrow!! Night all. x

okay i can't find the post, and ive got to go but this is important so please don't gloss over it

what aron did was a slip, yes. but town can slip and make mistakes as well (happens a lot in epic mafia lmao) something important to consider is he made a post talking about playing mafia games where town is represented as blue and mafia as red

so yes it's a slip, but whether or not he's scum it's hard to say now. please lynch dolby first

He's explained it a few times, while I do think he's scummy, I really think the whole blue role thing was just a genuine mistake, I mentioned it a few times earlier today, and this was his response:

So about what I said, as I'm being called out for it: "I don't have a blue role. I'm a regular townie. I feel comfortable saying that for some unknown reason". It was a bit of a grammatical sentence structure error. Try to read it like this: "I don't have a blue role. I'm a regular townie." I was trying to communicate that I didn't have a specific role but rather that I was vanilla. regardless I don't really think it matters all that much.

As well as mentioning the other game he is familiar with earlier, of course he could just be covering himself, but it seems like a genuine mistake / lack of knowledge and it's making me scumread him less. He could have good scumbuds coaching him on how to get out of this mess, but I think that's unlikely, it doesn't really seem like a slip to me, as much as a misunderstanding.

Good morning everybody.
I see people's thoughts, and I need to comment on them, but...
Omfg I need to go to work right now I forgot we had an early meeting lol
Anyways. I'll be back in another 7 hours.

I'll add my poking stick to poke Oath. I want some reads. Because I can see Oath as capable of using the fact that he hasn't played mafia in a long time in combination with not wanting to read everything as an excuse from providing reads and making alignments as a means of coasting through multiple days and keeping KP up.

oh for ****'s sake you're playing me up to be this ultra-clever person.

*no*.

Back