• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

The Harvest Moon Discussion Thread!

Late year three? Wow, you're fast.

I've been doing well -- summer of year two, married to Neil, lots of high-quality animals, crops, lots of people. Working towards making my town a bit more pleasing. Going to start grouping 'like' homes together and add a bit more decor. Just working on gathering one more mineral until I can finally build Michelle's house and then I'll be good.

Gardening show is still a pain in the ass -- looking forward to stopping it altogether until I have the perfect setup for it.
Thread has been kind of dead lately... :( How is everyone else doing? :)

For a final side note, I have a question about fertilizer. If I were to use it everyday there's about 120 squares+ to put it on. That's a lot to do one by one. To ensure maximum effectiveness would it still do well if it was every other day? Or once every three days?

I've had the game since release date. I feel like I'd be much farther if I wasn't fishing to much.

Maximum effectiveness is every day. What I do is only fertilize one square, and then make a seed out of it. Since I have all 5 makers, I can get an extra half star, or if I'm lucky, a full extra star from making it into a seed.

tbh, I'm a bit bored of the game. I haven't had a good play through in a week or two now. Maybe it's because I'm focusing on Ace Attorney, or just the game itself. That might change when I pick it up again. :p

Yeah that tends to happen with Harvest Moon and even Animal Crossing for that matter. I put the game down for a week two weeks back because the regular routine of fertilizing 200 crops everyday and taking out my animals was just painful. However, after putting new goals into my head after I got married (create an atheistically pleasing layout for my town, actually finish the restoration plans, trying to befriend everyone, etc). Now I'm kinda on a steam roll :p Looking forward to certain events helps too. I really want to participate in the Cooking Festival -- ten days left D:

Got it last night and I now have 2 hours into it. It starts a bit slow but it's picking up. Neil is now into my town.

Got it last night and I now have 2 hours into it. It starts a bit slow but it's picking up. Neil is now into my town.

Yeah if you can trudge through the first month and a bit you're good to go. :lemon: Gets really fun as you find more materials, blueprints, and people to work with. When in doubt hop online once you have your clippers and milker and earn some easy money farming the animals goods from online play. The great five-star products you can get from the huge 'by chance' animal sell for a whole lot of money.

On that note, I wish Rebecca sold brick, too. I'm hunting bricks down like crazy so I can make my brick roads. I'm thinking brick for the main part of town and stone for the west where I'll likely place the eastern-themed homes/bamboo decor. I guess I'll also have to go and farm some red down. If only it rained materials...I don't always get too lucky with foraging when I go on trips. :(

Yeah if you can trudge through the first month and a bit you're good to go. :lemon: Gets really fun as you find more materials, blueprints, and people to work with. When in doubt hop online once you have your clippers and milker and earn some easy money farming the animals goods from online play. The great five-star products you can get from the huge 'by chance' animal sell for a whole lot of money.

On that note, I wish Rebecca sold brick, too. I'm hunting bricks down like crazy so I can make my brick roads. I'm thinking brick for the main part of town and stone for the west where I'll likely place the eastern-themed homes/bamboo decor. I guess I'll also have to go and farm some red down. If only it rained materials...I don't always get too lucky with foraging when I go on trips. :(

How do you get into online play? Also, should I be storing up all of the branches, scrap metals, bricks, etc? I started to keep them in my inventory but I just wish I had somewhere to store them.

In late spring when Rebecca moves into town I believe the storage shed blueprint is available immediately. That way you're able to store everything you collect. For the most part you're going to want to keep everything you find and cut/smash them as you need them. To be perfectly honest you'll eventually need everything you've collected at some point so save a bit of everything for sure.

To have an idea of what you should be saving up as you progress through the main story, there's a handy guide (and others) here.

As for online play, when you first start your game up and touch the screen your options will be New Game, Continue, or Multiplayer. Select multiplayer and connect to the internet. How it works in this game is you're able to select up to five animals to bring with you and you need to select an exchange item from your bag inventory or created blueprint inventory. When you search for a room (or make one yourself) you can wait for one or up to three more players. When the game begins the items put into the exchange will be exchanged randomly. After that you're free to roam an open area (similar to the animal sanctuary) and brush, milk, and shear the animals others and yourself have brought into the game. After you disconnect you'll save your game and all the products you obtained from the session will be available in your regular saved game to sell or use.

It's really handy if you're in need of animal products. :3

In late spring when Rebecca moves into town I believe the storage shed blueprint is available immediately. That way you're able to store everything you collect. For the most part you're going to want to keep everything you find and cut/smash them as you need them. To be perfectly honest you'll eventually need everything you've collected at some point so save a bit of everything for sure.

To have an idea of what you should be saving up as you progress through the main story, there's a handy guide (and others) here.

As for online play, when you first start your game up and touch the screen your options will be New Game, Continue, or Multiplayer. Select multiplayer and connect to the internet. How it works in this game is you're able to select up to five animals to bring with you and you need to select an exchange item from your bag inventory or created blueprint inventory. When you search for a room (or make one yourself) you can wait for one or up to three more players. When the game begins the items put into the exchange will be exchanged randomly. After that you're free to roam an open area (similar to the animal sanctuary) and brush, milk, and shear the animals others and yourself have brought into the game. After you disconnect you'll save your game and all the products you obtained from the session will be available in your regular saved game to sell or use.

It's really handy if you're in need of animal products. :3

Alright. I have no Multiplayer option. Do I need any specific item first?

How far are you into your game exactly? Maybe it's only available second season or late spring. For sure I know you need to have at least one animal on your farm and at least one product/item in your inventory. I believe it's either the Harvest Goddess or Sprites that will come into your home and tell you about multiplayer + give you the tutorial book afterwards.

Omg. I'm fishing using the master rod, and I keep getting these really weird stretches in the game where I for some reason can't catch anything. I always have the same reaction time for when I fish and the same amount of button presses but it doesn't work. It's starting to get annoying.

I figured though, that I should tell ya'll about where I'm at in the game.

I'm working on 5-starring my crops each season. I started that in Spring of year 3, and so far, I have turnips, pumpkins, spinach, carrots, flax, cotton, shimeji, trumpet mushrooms, coral mushrooms, common mushrooms, and poison mushrooms all at 5 star. This Winter, I'll be doing Daikon and Bok Choy as my winter crops, along with Wheat for the other crop.

Starting in Spring of year 4, I'm going to start trees. I've put them off far too long, and I figured it's time to start them. I'm glad I have a head start on peach trees thanks to advanced festivals.

I'm also working on getting recipes and blueprints from fishing. I'm trying hard to get the French Toast recipe so I can buy the fireplace from Sandra's Stall, but I swear the game is giving me every recipe BUT the French Toast one.

I'm glad Fogu recently released the Cow and Yak page. It's nice to know I have a minimum of three years with my animals. I only have one cow at max hearts. Her name is Madame, and she does 2 great milks a day. Mareep is my regular sheep, and she does 3 regular wools a day. I can't wait for Winter 18 so I can win the advanced sheep festival. Packy and Pepper are my white and brown alpacas, respectively. Romani is my yak, and she gives me 2 milk a day.

So far, my vegetable, other, and cow milk brands are at the highest. Farm rank is at 5th year novice.

In addition to fish, I also am working on getting the next fishing trapper rank, at 200 fish traps used, because I really need to get the fragment from that. I'm only 700 insects away from getting the last critter catching rank. The only ranks I have ever maxed out are the "Items Foraged" and "Ore Mined" rank.

I'm also almost at the 5th renovation plan. All that's left is to build Soseki's house. It's funny reading about the next plan and how it's already halfway done. I already earned 1,000,000 by shipping goods, won the advanced animal festival, unlocked the yak festival, and placed the Tailor. I'll be able to place the Lavish Fountain as soon as I can because I stocked up on pearls and crystals, the Snow Festival will be able to be unlocked as soon as I start that plan, the Watchtower, Table, and Garden Chairs will also easily be able to be finished as soon as I get those blueprints. Renovation 5 is going to be really easy,

How far are you into your game exactly? Maybe it's only available second season or late spring. For sure I know you need to have at least one animal on your farm and at least one product/item in your inventory. I believe it's either the Harvest Goddess or Sprites that will come into your home and tell you about multiplayer + give you the tutorial book afterwards.

Yeah, I haven't had the Harvest Goddess/Sprites tell me about multiplayer yet. I finally just read that you need all the necessary items (clippers included) to get onto Multiplayer. I can't get clippers until Fall 1 I believe, and I'm at the end of Spring.

Wow, you're really on your way. :p I'm opposite to you when it comes to fishing (as I don't fish enough). Really should because I need the bottles to build my seed maker and need to gather the recipes as well. At least mining is easy and doesn't involve any serious waiting.

Wish you the best of luck finding the rest of the recipes. The fireplace looks super nice <3~

Wow, you're really on your way. :p I'm opposite to you when it comes to fishing (as I don't fish enough). Really should because I need the bottles to build my seed maker and need to gather the recipes as well. At least mining is easy and doesn't involve any serious waiting.

Wish you the best of luck finding the rest of the recipes. The fireplace looks super nice <3~

Bottles, as I hope you know, are best caught via trap.

Bottles, as I hope you know, are best caught via trap.

Yeah...too bad I never have any luck with them. The best use I've gotten out of traps is catching 4-5 of a particular fish and making them into dishes to sell/give away as gifts. I guess it doesn't hurt to just load all the points with traps as a daily chore and check them, though. Why haven't I made this a habit yet

aaa

Yeah...too bad I never have any luck with them. The best use I've gotten out of traps is catching 4-5 of a particular fish and making them into dishes to sell/give away as gifts. I guess it doesn't hurt to just load all the points with traps as a daily chore and check them, though. Why haven't I made this a habit yet

aaa

Do you happen to have any moonstone?

Okay, so on Winter 19, I finished Soseki's house. I don't like Soseki. I think he's creepy. That's why I've put off building his house. Therefore, I have had the following events happen today.

1) Soseki moves in.
2) Town Restoration 4 completed. Hana and Emma came to visit :D I got West Farm. 5 of the 11 renovation 5 plans are done :D
3) Snow Festival unlocked.
4) Aaron tells me about music in Soseki's house.
5) Receiving the music prize.
6) Aaron tells me about music in Michelle's house.
7) Receiving the music prize.
8) Aaron tells me about music in Travel Agency
9) Receiving music prize.

ugh

Back