• For our final bonus event, answer 18 challenging questions in The Bell Tree Fair 2024 Quiz! Submit your answers by Saturday, August 31st at 11:59 PM EDT to earn anywhere from 0 - 9 extra tickets and throwback tickets. Good luck!

The GB Micro's Price

Bulerias

Co-Founder of TBT
Retired Staff
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Rumor has it that the Gameboy Micro, the next Gameboy to hit the shelves of stores, will be sold at the price of $100. I think that the price is way too high, and not many people will buy it because it is basically the same Gameboy Advance that we bought back in 2001. If it was sold at the price of $50, that would be different perhaps. But then again, the GB Micro might have a built in Play-Yan, and maybe some other features. For example, there is a game coming out that is called Polarium Micro. Maybe the Micro will have some special unnannounced features?

Bottom line, are you buying the GB Micro? What price is border-line for you?

Bulerias said:
Rumor has it that the Gameboy Micro, the next Gameboy to hit the shelves of stores, will be sold at the price of $100. I think that the price is way too high, and not many people will buy it because it is basically the same Gameboy Advance that we bought back in 2001. If it was sold at the price of $50, that would be different perhaps. But then again, the GB Micro might have a built in Play-Yan, and maybe some other features. For example, there is a game coming out that is called Polarium Micro. Maybe the Micro will have some special unnannounced features?

Bottom line, are you buying the GB Micro? What price is border-line for you?
Yes, I'll buy it. I'm Way overdue for a new Game Boy. Price is no object to me.

That's great, Valoo, but bear in mind that it is basically the same thing as the Gameboy Advance and the Gameboy Advance SP, only the design is different. Although, with games being announced with the word "Micro" at the end, we don't quite know if the Gameboy Micro will have any special features that previous Gameboys didn't have.

i heard it was coming out at 50, but no matter what the price is, i probly wont buy it, got ds and gba already.

Bulerias said:
That's great, Valoo, but bear in mind that it is basically the same thing as the Gameboy Advance and the Gameboy Advance SP, only the design is different. Although, with games being announced with the word "Micro" at the end, we don't quite know if the Gameboy Micro will have any special features that previous Gameboys didn't have.
That doesn't bother me. Besides, I travel quite a bit, so I need something small, that's good for travelling and being on the go.

Smart_Tech_Dragon_15 said:
Bulerias said:
That doesn't bother me. Besides, I travel quite a bit, so I need something small, that's good for travelling and being on the go.
Yes, because the Micro is REALLY small. But don't you already have a DS?

Bulerias said:
Smart_Tech_Dragon_15 said:
Bulerias said:
Yes, because the Micro is REALLY small. But don't you already have a DS?
Yeah, but I only use it for DS games. Plus, that is an expensive system. Getting the Micro would be much more efficent that using the DS for GBA games.

I'm buying it, I hope it has play-yan and I'd pay no more than 80 bucks for it. It won't have any new features, at least none that will make it the only way to play certain games.

it also loks like they're gonna try popularizing skins for the micro...could turn out good or bad.

I will not buy a Micro. Why?

1. It doesn't play GB or GBC games
2. It's screen is unportected
3. I have a DS

The micro is 100$, yet the 70$ GBASP plays GB and GBC games, has a portected screen, and is cheeper. What's Nintendo thinking, selling less for more!

Since it was just announced at $100, I'm not getting it. An SP is $20 or $20 cheaper than that and does the same thing.

Back