• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

The community here.

I've had a few bad experiences with @enders, and so have others..

ok sure sure after i gave u free bells and let you shop at my gracie gracie

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also after i bought a ****load of your stuff and you bought a lot from my shop

- - - Post Merge - - -

And why might that be?

there's always someone who is extremely rude to you

- - - Post Merge - - -

wow and I was gonna give all my tbt to you (BellRich) and nightmares because of how you guys treated me
not anymore bellrich I had 1000+ tbt in my ABD

No arguments, please. Of course not everyone is always going to get along on a forum this size, but the community here is definitely no worse than on most forums I've frequented - in fact I'd be inclined to say it's a lot better/less toxic.

In my observation, the people who feel negatively about the TBT community are those who are being abrasive and rubbing people the wrong way, or frequently breaking the rules which inevitably leads to punishments. When things like this become a pattern, sometimes it can be beneficial to step away and consider the fact that it may be your own behavior that's causing the problem(s).

I actually have experienced quite a few problems with this community. Due to the fact that I'm new(er), I'm ignored, for the most part. Rarely do I get more than maybe 1 response to any thread I post. But the moment I slip up, there are 20+ people who are more than happy to make certain my flaws are thoroughly exposed. I understand that I shouldn't just expect 30 instant replies on every thread, and I don't. It makes me so frustrated that this is really the only structured and active ACNL community that isn't overrun with scammers and utter psychopaths.

Last edited:
Yeah this community is pretty nice and chill, I enjoy looking at all the threads and posts we have here. It's fun chit chatting with all the cool people and buying/trading stufff

I actually have experienced quite a few problems with this community. Due to the fact that I'm new(er), I'm ignored, for the most part. Rarely do I get more than maybe 1 response to any thread I post. But the moment I slip up, there are 20+ people who are more than happy to make certain my flaws are thoroughly exposed. I understand that I shouldn't just expect 30 instant replies on every thread, and I don't. It makes me so frustrated that this is really the only structured and active ACNL community that isn't overrun with scammers and utter psychopaths.

No one is obligated to respond to your threads. If people think your threads are not interesting, they won't respond. You can try to bump it a few times, but after a while, you have to figure out how to change it if you want to get responses.

No one is obligated to respond to your threads. If people think your threads are not interesting, they won't respond. You can try to bump it a few times, but after a while, you have to figure out how to change it if you want to get responses.

My problem isn't really my threads, but more or less how ignored new users are. Aside from the introduction board, I rarely see newer users getting noticed.

My problem isn't really my threads, but more or less how ignored new users are. Aside from the introduction board, I rarely see newer users getting noticed.

There isn't any kind of unwritten rule that I know of that older users should ignore newer users and treat them like scrubs. I don't think people really pay attention to your join date or number of posts. They just pay attention to what you post, and if you seem like a good person and someone who is fun to chat with, then people will pay attention to you.

- - - Post Merge - - -

You're going to cause a seizure with that gif.

I love it here! before i joined and still played new leaf i used reddit. i met some nice people on there but i witnessed the mods be extremely rude to others, and it left a bad taste in my mouth.

The reason why I like it here bc like mentioned in the OP, it has a very different vibe from the majoirty of communities on the internet. Don't get me wrong, I love internetz, but I dislike elitism and being super judgmental.

I'm sorry you're having this issue, I don't really see this happen, I usually see people (myself included) go out of their way to be nice and interact with newbies.

Again, I'm sorry that's happening to you. Maybe try to be active and talk to people in Brewster Cafe and the basement?

Last edited:

Give it some time. It takes a while to make friends and to get to know people. And for people to know you. It will happen eventually. One piece of advice I have is to keep the same username and profile pic for a while so that when people see your name/pic, they will associate it with YOU. I see some people keep changing and it's confusing. But yeah, it will naturally happen as you post more on topics that interest you, etc. (And the response you get on posts by the way, is in some ways, just luck. Sometimes people respond a lot and sometimes not. It depends on the timing, like on weekends you may get more responses, if people are studying hard that week or working hard that week, it's less, sort of unpredictable actually.)

Been here since 2013 wait and see stupid drama ;D

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wtf no quote.... Meh anyway just be nice to other members thats it

Yeah this forum is awesome, everyone is kind and sweet. It's nice to talk to other people who love this great game. :]

Back