• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

The big thread of all the new recently announced Mario Kart 8 news

The pros greatly outweigh the cons in this game and i'm happy to say I will be purchasing it on May 30th!
I hope it leads to a resurgence of Wii U sales bc the bundle and a free download is clever.

Okay okay I must add anyone who gets the game so we can race <3

Wow. This is really great. I'm really glad they brought back Music Park, Tick Tock Clock, and Baby Daisy back. Those were my favorites, will always play as Daisy and Baby Daisy. My brother said a Crazy 8 going to be in the game, looks like he's right. :p I'm totally loving almost everything in the game! :D

Is there a release date yet? And Voice Chat, nah. There's one thing I wont be using anytime soon.

Release date is May 30th.

I was actually really hoping for a baby Rosalina so I'm glad it actually happened. I prefer playing the small characters.

Release date is May 30th.

I was actually really hoping for a baby Rosalina so I'm glad it actually happened. I prefer playing the small characters.
Thank you, can't wait. :D Is it confirmed that you can also use controllers to play?

Wow. This is really great. I'm really glad they brought back Music Park, Tick Tock Clock, and Baby Daisy back. Those were my favorites, will always play as Daisy and Baby Daisy. My brother said a Crazy 8 going to be in the game, looks like he's right. :p I'm totally loving almost everything in the game! :D

Is there a release date yet? And Voice Chat, nah. There's one thing I wont be using anytime soon.
There's been a release date for quite sometime now.

I'm also excited for Baby Daisy & Tick Tock Clock!

Thank you, can't wait. :D Is it confirmed that you can also use controllers to play?

Pro Controllers?

If so then yeah. Pretty much everything is available.

Last edited:
There's been a release date for quite sometime now.

I'm also excited for Baby Daisy & Tick Tock Clock!

Pro Controllers?

If so then yeah. Pretty much everything is available.
That's great, and another Baby Daisy fan. I loved Baby Daisy back when I played MKWII, she's so adorable and loved playing as her so much. Then 4 years later I've had some love on Daisy as well, so i'll switch often to Baby Daisy and Princess Daisy.

The Pro Controllers, cool. Will definitely use for the game and wifi. Also glad that bikes return.

Last edited:
The pro controllers are a must for me.
I just don't see me being comfortable playing with the tablet control to my fullest potential and i'm beyond awful with the steering wheel x)

I would love to race with you Lunatic!!! love to see someone as excited for the game as I am ;D

Yay c: I'm terrible at racing on the console MK's though. Always been better at the handheld versions :|

Yay c: I'm terrible at racing on the console MK's though. Always been better at the handheld versions :|

Same haha but maybe the Gamepad controls will help me out this time around :p Never was great with any of the other setups!

How can you even get lazy with characters??
They left a lot of MKWii characters out too
r.i.p. Birdo

How can you even get lazy with characters??
They left a lot of MKWii characters out too
r.i.p. Birdo
Yeah, and the popular Funky Kong which I never play as much, always been playing as Daisy and Baby Daisy. Shy Guy in the 3ds version, I may play as him again in the Wii U.

Same haha but maybe the Gamepad controls will help me out this time around :p Never was great with any of the other setups!

Yeah I think I'll do better since the gamepad can be used. It might be similar to using the 3DS. But I was horrible at the wii version because the wheel was my enemy. :p

Leaving this here for anyone that's interested in the soundtrack of the game: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/listen-to-mario-kart-8-s-entire-soundtrack-right-now/1100-6419382/

Yeah, and the popular Funky Kong which I never play as much, always been playing as Daisy and Baby Daisy. Shy Guy in the 3ds version, I may play as him again in the Wii U.
Why leave him out??
And Diddy Kong
Granted Donkey Kong has grown more out of the Mario franchise recently but even still
Don't know how they could have gotten lazy with Mario Kart 7 characters considering they left a lot of characters out in favour of Metal Mario...
I don't get the deal with him or Pink Gold Peach? Why can't they just be skins

Guys I know some of you are upset about the characters, but complaining won't change anything. All we can hope for is that they are still characters we don't/won't know about until they are unlocked or bought through DLC (if they do end up releasing any). It's kinda depressing for people, including me, who are excited about characters like Pink Metal Peach and Baby Rosalina. Hope you guys can consider that aspect of things :)

the characters seem lazy

peach skin is bad
baby rosalina aint different from regular rosalina tbh
koopalings seem like filler

That can apply to every baby character. I love the baby characters! <3

Same! They're actually really the only lightweight riders I really enjoy! That's why I'm excited for Baby Rosalina <3

Back