The ACNH Rant Thread

If we're ever able to customise fences, I'd love to be able to put flowers on the hedge fence. You can stick a bunch of bushes together but imo bushes look better as single items dotted around rather than in a line.

Probably because with PC you have to pay real $$$ to get some of the stuff they're bringing out and with NH it's free updates. So I guess they're not as inclined to work for something that won't net them a profit in the future. I don't know.
Except we paid real money for a console game which is suppose to be superior... And the updates arent free... They were and are suppose to be part of the game.

Except we paid real money for a console game which is suppose to be superior... And the updates arent free... They were and are suppose to be part of the game.

Yeah I agree with the second part. These really aren't "updates" insofar that they were supposed to be part of the game from the beginning (and I know they decided to add them in later in order to downgrade TTing). We haven't really seen any actual "updates" that adds something new or substantial to the game (except maybe diving and dreaming).

I really don't understand. They started off really strong with the first update: Leif, Redd + the stamp rally, may day, wedding season... those three all added some stuff we'd never seen before and some unique events. It really showed the possibilities of this game. But then they just completely stopped, and I don't know why.

Yeah I agree with the second part. These really aren't "updates" insofar that they were supposed to be part of the game from the beginning (and I know they decided to add them in later in order to downgrade TTing). We haven't really seen any actual "updates" that adds something new or substantial to the game (except maybe diving and dreaming).

I really don't understand. They started off really strong with the first update: Leif, Redd + the stamp rally, may day, wedding season... those three all added some stuff we'd never seen before and some unique events. It really showed the possibilities of this game. But then they just completely stopped, and I don't know why.
Those were all in the beginning, so it is a possibility that covid slowed them down because those could had been done long before it hit globally.

lol, I didn't say I agreed with it. Just the OP was asking why and I suggested what is possibly going through the companies mind. They already got our money in full for the game, but with PC they have to entice players to keep coming back. So they could have (and kind of do) less incentive to work as hard on their mainline game.

I always said it wasn't a good thing to have PC and NH running simultaneously back to back. But now, maybe it is a good thing so that the fanbase can see the difference.

Just a mini rant: why can't I have orange chairs to go with the orange table... also am I the only one who wants more varied fruit furniture? I just love all that quirky stuff

Absolutely. I always kinda wanted durian themed furniture too...

I don't know if it's just my island, but I've been having hellish snowstorms for the past week or so during much of the day and evening. Where are my clear skies and Northern Lights?

This is not a rant about the game itself but rather something about the forum that has been getting me down. I really wish that there wasn't so much tension between people who prefer positivity and people who prefer criticism. I wish both perspectives were allowed to exist without being attacked by the other side.

Someone made the comment that all the negativity in a thread was making them 'sick' and I found that comment pretty triggering. I grew up with a parent who expressed disgust over me and would encourage other people to hurt me. I want to believe there is a place for people like me. That having a hard time and not always feeling positively about things doesn't mean that you are supposed to be quiet so you don't ruin other people's fun. I want to be able to talk to other people that feel the way I do.

I just wish there was more understanding. Different people like different things. There isn't one correct way to be.

This is not a rant about the game itself but rather something about the forum that has been getting me down. I really wish that there wasn't so much tension between people who prefer positivity and people who prefer criticism. I wish both perspectives were allowed to exist without being attacked by the other side.

Someone made the comment that all the negativity in a thread was making them 'sick' and I found that comment pretty triggering. I grew up with a parent who expressed disgust over me and would encourage other people to hurt me. I want to believe there is a place for people like me. That having a hard time and not always feeling positively about things doesn't mean that you are supposed to be quiet so you don't ruin other people's fun. I want to be able to talk to other people that feel the way I do.

I just wish there was more understanding. Different people like different things. There isn't one correct way to be.
First of all, I'm so sorry your mother did that. That is absolutely despicable and she not fit to be a parent.
I feel you. I've never seen these forums so divided. I want you to know your opinion is valid and you should feel free to express how you feel about the game!

I'm a little cheesed about them turning the rainbow feather and subsequent rainbow-colored versions of the new Festivale stuff into this weird pastel palette just to match Pavé. That's not rainbow-colored, and we already have more than enough gross pastel furniture 😖 Just let rainbows be colorful please that's the whole point

i feel you 100%, ive been wanting to stop coming to the forum all together because it seems like people just want people to be happy all the time and not criticize or be disappointed in something. bottling up sad and bad feelings isnt a great thing that you should be doing and its sad to see that people would rather cast out people who are disappointed in something than let them be heard

i feel you 100%, ive been wanting to stop coming to the forum all together because it seems like people just want people to be happy all the time and not criticize or be disappointed in something. bottling up sad and bad feelings isnt a great thing that you should be doing and its sad to see that people would rather cast out people who are disappointed in something than let them be heard

The funny part is that I feel the exact opposite of you because it feels like people just want to be upset and mad all the time. It also feels like people are more eager to criticize those who are looking forward to the update.

For some reason, this game is just really polarizing. I have no idea why. I miss the way everyone was at the height of New Leaf.

New leaf era was my favourite era...I miss everything about the game. There is indeed so much divide with NH (I'm on the criticism side tbh) but all I did and remember on NL was talk about all the fantastic new features and play minigames almost every summer night with friends.

NH has ruined my experience and many others' it seems, directly or indirectly. It seems the community is really split now (not just on here, but all over the internet).

I do agree that the community has never been this split which is curious. I think at the end of the day it's good if you're dissatisfied, and it's also good if you are satisfied, it's a game and it's all opinions just like your favorite ice cream flavor might be, not something that's really harming someone in the long run if you get me? However, I do wonder how Nintendo takes these polarizing opinions and how they plan to approach them. I know if I were a director for anything really, I'd kind of worry about the image my brand has and the criticism, especially given how happy everyone was back in NL, there must be something that's not working.

I'm really sorry you went through that.
I do agree with you. When I'm stating my disappointment I make sure I'm not actually personally attacking anyone.
When I am disappointed in certain things, I love seeing people who share my view but also love seeing people enjoying things. My goal is never to rain on anyone's parade, it's to express how I'm feeling at the time.
I was kind of surprised to feel a bit personally attacked by people who are more positive about the game than I am. I understand that people can get annoyed if a place is just full of negativity when they prefer to keep a positive mindset, but I don't believe that's an excuse to take things to a disrespectful level.

When I am disappointed in certain things, I love seeing people who share my view but also love seeing people enjoying things. My goal is never to rain on anyone's parade, it's to express how I'm feeling at the time.

I understand that people can get annoyed if a place is just full of negativity when they prefer to keep a positive mindset, but I don't believe that's an excuse to take things to a disrespectful level.

(Quote snipped for relevancy)

Oh yeah! A lot of that is just having to learn how to talk on the internet. I know that I talk way differently than how I did when I first started chatting a long time ago when I was younger. The culture is way different now than when I started too. Now, people are more likely to state opinions like "pastel colors make me sick" instead of "I dislike pastels and I think there are too many in the game already". There is a big difference between the two and I can see how someone could take the first example way more personally than the second example.

When I feel it getting to me, I choose to take a break from the forum for a day or so. I think a lot of people could benefit from that before talking sometimes. And that is people on both sides.

(Quote snipped for relevancy)

Oh yeah! A lot of that is just having to learn how to talk on the internet. I know that I talk way differently than how I did when I first started chatting a long time ago when I was younger. The culture is way different now than when I started too. Now, people are more likely to state opinions like "pastel colors make me sick" instead of "I dislike pastels and I think there are too many in the game already". There is a big difference between the two and I can see how someone could take the first example way more personally than the second example.

When I feel it getting to me, I choose to take a break from the forum for a day or so. I think a lot of people could benefit from that before talking sometimes. And that is people on both sides.

That is true. I guess I'm thinking more along the disrespectful level of people making statements that can be taken very personally like either side saying things like "all people who like/dislike ___ are just ___". Or replying to someone who likes/dislikes something with "LOL wtf how could you like/dislike that? You must just have bad taste". Things like that.

That is true. I guess I'm thinking more along the disrespectful level of people making statements that can be taken very personally like either side saying things like "all people who like/dislike ___ are just ___". Or replying to someone who likes/dislikes something with "LOL wtf how could you like/dislike that? You must just have bad taste". Things like that.

I agree with this totally. Even though this is a rant thread, some people seem to forget about discourse and civility because they feel they need unleash all their negative opinions to the world. Its one thing to dislike parts of the game you wish that could be improved, its another thing to attack the opinions of other users.

Back