• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

The ACNH Rant Thread

I'm sick of the crafting. It was cute at the beginning but now it's just annoying and tedious.
Post automatically merged:

Also Drago won't stop singing in the plaza. For the last 2 hours he's been singing and it's driving me crazy!
I know how you feel. I am sick of stopping what I am doing because of my tools breaking.

I feel like my villagers barely interact with outdoor furniture on the island. They don't really sit on the benches, and most of the time I see them wandering around the front of their house or in the plaza! I'm salty they're not using the diner / outdoor library haha

I feel like my villagers barely interact with outdoor furniture on the island. They don't really sit on the benches, and most of the time I see them wandering around the front of their house or in the plaza! I'm salty they're not using the diner / outdoor library haha

That's unfortunate, because my villagers are regularly sitting in my cafe or using other furniture I have placed. Even towels on the beach are being used!
I wonder if it has anything to do with particular pathing villagers require to figure out they can use outdoor areas?

One rant here is on the fact that the game decided we need regular wood in order to craft the stone axe, an item not sold on nook's cranny that is used to chop wood! Regular wood being a material that is heavily relied on to craft a lot of things (the goddamn stalls and their 12 wood peices requirement) should have more drop rate than the other types of wood imo and stone axe should be bought somehow because I hate having to use the very little amount of wood I managed to gather to create such tool.

Why are DIY recipes so hard to get? I got the same freaking recipe from a bottle 3 days in a row & I'm always getting same one from villagers mostly wooden furniture which I'm not even that keen on. Trying to get recipes from balloons is impossible all I get is the same boring furniture or clothing I wouldn't even give to my most hated villager. At least I have a trashcan to dump the endless duplicates I get.

Another thing that's really bothering me is no longer having certain items you can sell for twice their normal price each day like in NL, now it's just something that you have to craft & it's always something I don't have the recipe for or something not worth crafting for a few bells.

Why are DIY recipes so hard to get? I got the same freaking recipe from a bottle 3 days in a row & I'm always getting same one from villagers mostly wooden furniture which I'm not even that keen on. Trying to get recipes from balloons is impossible all I get is the same boring furniture or clothing I wouldn't even give to my most hated villager. At least I have a trashcan to dump the endless duplicates I get.

Another thing that's really bothering me is no longer having certain items you can sell for twice their normal price each day like in NL, now it's just something that you have to craft & it's always something I don't have the recipe for or something not worth crafting for a few bells.
I agree about the duplicate recipes. Considering just how many there are, you'd think the game would be intuitive enough to expose you to needed recipes. As a completionist, I got tired of getting the same ones from bottles/balloons/villagers, I went and trades through here and Nookazon to finish the regular (non-seasonal/zodiac) collection. The wreaths and crowns alone were a pain in the butt to find.

I love Isabelle, but it bothered me that Julian said that Isabelle is the brains behind the island. Like excuse me? All she does is dusting, sniff the flowers, and talk about tv shows during her morning announcements. Don't get me wrong, she deserves a break after being busy in New Leaf, but she is not the "brains" behind the island. I'm the one working hard to get bridges, inclines and new villager. I have been terraforming and picking places for the villagers to live. Tom Nook is the one who helped inhabit the island, gets construction done, teaches us everything we need to know, and created the getaway package in the first place. Tom Nook and our islander is the brains behind everything, not Isabelle.

I also fully agree with the SW/SH! And yes, thankfully animal crossings updates are free. I hope they stay free. I am a bit afraid that so many people are just happy that we have a game after 8 years; which I am too! But it is lacking SO much for a huge title.

The scariest part about this is how hard people are defending Nintendo and acting as though the game is perfect as is on release. Perfectly fine with the removal of hundreds of items, lack of NPCs that have been a part of the franchise since its inception, only being able to get specific COLORS of items unless you trade. Online. And buy Nintendo Online. Interesting.
Quite the hill to die on.

I love Isabelle, but it bothered me that Julian said that Isabelle is the brains behind the island. Like excuse me? All she does is dusting, sniff the flowers, and talk about tv shows during her morning announcements. Don't get me wrong, she deserves a break after being busy in New Leaf, but she is not the "brains" behind the island. I'm the one working hard to get bridges, inclines and new villager. I have been terraforming and picking places for the villagers to live. Tom Nook is the one who helped inhabit the island, gets construction done, teaches us everything we need to know, and created the getaway package in the first place. Tom Nook and our islander is the brains behind everything, not Isabelle.

Oh god, that's totally it! It was Marshal who said that to me but I was like "EXCUSE ME?", that was so unappreciating and rude!

Maybe this has been talked about already but the fact that talking to Isabelle about a Villager’s clothes doesn’t reset it completely, annoys me.

Raymond and the stupid pineapple dress I carelessly, accidentally gave him drive me insane. He randomly changes into it and I abhor it sm.

Sobs.

Also, this is a game about talking animals, why try to implement silly rules with certain things? Why can’t I put trees wherever I want? Why can’t I build cliffs and the like the way I please? I hate the whole rule about there having to be one square of cliff surrounding in order to build a higher cliff.
I had a whole aesthetic I wanted to go for but it’s ruined by these silly rules.

Tools breaking isn't bothering me too much cause it takes 2 secs to run down to Nook's Cranny and buy more, but the fact that gold tools in this game break?? ARGHHH. Why bother implementing breakable tools if there's never a point you can get to where they don't break? Can anyone who has used gold tools tell me how long they last? Are we talking diamond tool minecraft vibe where they last for aaaages but do break eventually or do they suck ass as much as the other tools?

tfw you accidentally place a building one tile in the wrong direction so you have to spend 100k to move it

I have yet to enjoy any of the events in this game. They are all very repetitive, drag on for too long, and are extremely grindy. Heck I don't even want to do the wedding day event. I would sooner dupe the love crystals to get all the furniture than go through that torture and I strive to keep my town cheat-free. (Not knocking anyone who does it, I just like the challenge)

Haven't played it, but the way Animalese sounds now is even more annoying to me than it usually is. I'm not sure why really.

I'm still mad about the not being able to put turnips or DIYs in storage.
I'd settle for the olden days of only being able to put 3 items in a wardrobe right now to store at this point....

Maybe this has been talked about already but the fact that talking to Isabelle about a Villager’s clothes doesn’t reset it completely, annoys me.

Raymond and the stupid pineapple dress I carelessly, accidentally gave him drive me insane. He randomly changes into it and I abhor it sm.

Sobs.

T h i s. Had Hazel doing this with someone's custom MHA shirt (I believe?) when I adopted her from them. It didn't look bad but I just wanted to see her with her default jacket.

Like why even give us the option to fix someone's clothing if they're gonna wear the outfit the next day??? It's pointless lmao.

Anyway, came to make a more personal complaint and ask how do people not TT during the tutorial/starting phases of the game? If you thought the game is bland even with terraforming it's a snoozefest without it. You can only collect so many bugs/fish/shells/etc. before you wish you can just hurry it up. Maybe I just have no patience but considering I manage not to TT for 9 days I did way better than I thought I would.

Oh and the fact you only listen to one song during the tutorial phase of the game is kinda wack. Thank god I'm out of that. Not that I hate the song or anything but I don't understand why you would choose to do that??

Back