• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

The ACNH Rant Thread

- I hate to say it but the game feels so unfinished :( Dialogue is repetitive and so many things were removed from new leaf. Bushes, gyroids, the cafe, diving etc. I know they could potentially all be in an update but why aren’t they available from the start? Wish they reserved the update for actual new features.

- I wish furniture was distributed in a more random order as well. Feels like everyone has roughly the same furniture they’re decorating with right now? I’m sure as time progresses everyone’s island will look more diverse but yeah

- Restricting certain colour ways for outside furniture...oh boy. There’s no way to get different colour variations of the nook miles redeemable recipes and items unless you trade with someone online (as far as I know). Can be frustrating for those who don’t have a lot of time to play/go online looking for a specific item

- Room sizes appear smaller this game. :(

said it before and i’ll say it again: i can’t stand coming on here and seeing people try to shut down others’ opinions about the game. is this the rant thread or the debate thread?
Post automatically merged:

Except that Rover never made it to Wild Word. So the fact he may not be in New Horizons is nothing new.
except actually that’s wrong, he may not have played a major role in wild world but you can still talk to him in the roost and he also helps set up tag mode so you can send bottle mail. he’s literally been in every game in some capacity so this IS something new.

Last edited:
Here's a rant for you; I wish people would stop ranting about this game. I don't mean the small annoyances, I mean ranting about the whole experience. Some are so focused on what they see as negative that they become completely blind to the abundance of positives.

Here's a rant for you; I wish people would stop ranting about this game. I don't mean the small annoyances, I mean ranting about the whole experience. Some are so focused on what they see as negative that they become completely blind to the abundance of positives.
i can’t speak for everyone but just because i’m ranting about the game and have a lot of issues with it doesn’t mean i don’t still love some parts of it, and i know a lot of others here have said the same. this just literally isn’t the thread for that sort of thing—the ACNH positivity thread may be more suited to you.

i can’t speak for everyone but just because i’m ranting about the game and have a lot of issues with it doesn’t mean i don’t still love some parts of it, and i know a lot of others here have said the same. this just literally isn’t the thread for that sort of thing—the ACNH positivity thread may be more suited to you.
I wasn't talking about anyone in particular, it was a generalised statement. This is a rant thread, no? There's my rant, I'm not looking for debates, just needed to express my frustration briefly. No need to get defensive. 🤷‍♀️

I wasn't talking about anyone in particular, it was a generalised statement. This is a rant thread, no? There's my rant, I'm not looking for debates, just needed to express my frustration briefly. No need to get defensive. 🤷‍♀️
i’m sorry, i just felt it was kinda odd to come on a rant thread and say people should stop ranting, and wanted to assure that just because people are ranting on here doesn’t mean they’re only seeing the negatives like you think? i actually didn’t mean to be rude.

i’m sorry, i just felt it was kinda odd to come on a rant thread and say people should stop ranting, and wanted to assure that just because people are ranting on here doesn’t mean they’re only seeing the negatives like you think? i actually didn’t mean to be rude.
That's all right, don't worry about it.

I only commented because in some cases there seems to be ONLY rants, which I think is very unfair and just downright destructive towards oneself. I don't mean to imply that any kind of critique is uncalled for, just that it's a good idea to keep a good balance and a healthy perspective. Again, this is just a generalised statement. That's all. 😊

That's all right, don't worry about it.

I only commented because in some cases there seems to be ONLY rants, which I think is very unfair and just downright destructive towards oneself. I don't mean to imply that any kind of critique is uncalled for, just that it's a good idea to keep a good balance and a healthy perspective. Again, this is just a generalised statement. That's all. 😊

Yeah I'm sorry again, I really didn't mean to be rude at all and if you had just said you wish people would see the positives of the game more I would've left that completely alone! It's definitely good to try and keep an open mind and see that ACNH has good aspects to it still. It was really just the statement that you wish people would stop ranting about the game, being made on a thread for ranting about the game, that made me wanna say something but I understand where you're coming from now. (I guess it's also my bad for saying this isn't the debate thread and then debating with you, so... sorry about that too, lol)

Well, I haven't played New Leaf in several years, but I don't remember villager personalities being this distinct (Distinct not in a good way). Sure, the dialogue was definitely lacking, compared to previous games, but with a little imagination, each villager resembled their own person. Within New Horizons, most of the villagers (Jocks being a perfect example) won't be quiet about their own quirk. Jocks were pretty loud about it already in previous games, but it seems like their characters were a little more 3-dimensional, in a sense. In this game they just seem like walking caricatures of their archetype. Same with lazies, who more often than not only talk about their bug friends.

Oh, I see. Good to know!

not about NH specifically i guess since NL's limit was also 10, but i really wish i could have just one more villager omg... i have snake and teddy on my island and, although i have snake's amiibo, i don't want to kick him out right now because he's a fave and i just got him in not long ago. i do not have teddy's amiibo and got him as my starter jock, so due to being forced to either share an island with my brother or pay $360 for him to have his own, i have to keep teddy until at least my brother's birthday because teddy is his fave and if i kicked him without having his card i'd feel bad.

so why is this an issue, why would i need to kick one of my jocks? because my friend wants to give me dom and i want him so bad but i already don't have all the personalities and i just cannot exchange any of my current non-jock villagers for a third one who will talk about nothing but muscles all the time!! like i love all 3 of these guys but their dialogue is not varied enough for me to actually have all 3 of them at once on the same game when there's a limit of 10. asdkjfhf nintendo why... looks like i'm going on ebay to look for teddy's card!

Last edited:
You can't drop or give away customized furniture.

Fauna wanted a log sofa as a souvenir. So I made one, and customized it to have the town flag on it, and was not able to give it to her. Had to go back and make a plain one.

You can't drop or give away customized furniture.

Fauna wanted a log sofa as a souvenir. So I made one, and customized it to have the town flag on it, and was not able to give it to her. Had to go back and make a plain one.

It must be patterns. The other day, Sally asked for a rocking horse. I used the customizing kits to make it pastel and I was able to give it to her without a problem.

I just wish there was a way to tell what items are customized when looking at your pockets.

It must be patterns. The other day, Sally asked for a rocking horse. I used the customizing kits to make it pastel and I was able to give it to her without a problem.

I just wish there was a way to tell what items are customized when looking at your pockets.
From what I can tell, you can give them stuff that's customized with default options or the patterns Sable gives you, but not actual custom designs. I did the same thing with the log sofa, tried to give Teddy one with our town flag but couldn't. IIRC, I changed it to one of the patterns you get from Sable and it worked. I'm sure I've also given them other customized stuff before.

Edit: Just double checked because Teddy was finally in his house and yep, you can use Sable's patterns on stuff you gift villagers! Just can't be your own custom ones, I guess.

Last edited:
The leaf turns to a pale green, doesn't it?

This is only when you put a personal pattern. By the way it is also said, when you're about to customize an item with a pattern, that you wont be able to drop it or give it away

By the way it is also said, when you're about to customize an item with a pattern, that you won't be able to drop it or give it away

Yeah, I skip past all the warnings because I felt like it was trying to tell me something about changing the patterns later on. So that one is on me.

Back