• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Mafia TBT Newbie Game VII: The Daily Tragedy - Town win

BREAKING NEWS!

Currently, the police have not put anyone onto the vote count! There is 24 hours left from now to vote! Voting majority is 5!

Last edited:
Wait, so you're only looking at who's town? Why not both?

Also you kinda didnt answer her question so :v

I mean we all naturally look at who is coming across scummy, but I'm saying I also pay attention to whose town, to help narrow the search.

Who would I lynch rn? I have gut instincts, but they are just that. Not much behind them and I'm not gonna voice them just to stir the pot. Not Sparro and Not Menchie for right now

I kind of understand why some people would be sus of me, but I didn't mean for it to be taken that seriously. And also, how is joking around make people sus?

- - - Post Merge - - -

making*

Yo Ness, if I die, would I be allowed to post as IC or no?

Toads, surprised you didn't say anything aboit not agreeing with a Fleshy lynch sooner, considering there's been 3 of us who've said something. Why do you disagree with it?

My gut would point at Fleshy at the moment, but according to their RQS they live in the GMT timezone. That's 8 hours ahead of me right now, which would mean that it would be about 3 AM for him. We have 24 hours left to go on, that's plenty of time. We can wait for him to hop on before we jump to any conclusions on him.

Oh boy was I ninja'd by some ****.

Toads, if you have some gut instincts, shoot. If you cant articulate why, you can always quote the scummy posts and see what other people can make of them.

Menchie, I wasn't aware that people were scumreading you? That seems like a bit of an overreaction imo.

Passiveness is a weak read? I consider passiveness a pretty big scumtell, tbh.

And toads last game went insane because of the cop inspect. I'm not seeing the insanity that he showed the last game show at all here. And he hadn't acted like that in any other game. Idk why you're seeing that as a trend when it was a 1 time deal.

Also for the nightmares PL - are you saying she shouldn't be PL'd because she was in the past? And how does her ability to be read mean anything? According to PL, that doesnt matter - its if someone is distracting, that's that. Allignment isnt even something of consideration. And if you think being able to read allignment is important, then Toads' scum game is pretty damn obvious - look at medical mafia.

Toads, Entropy, just because this is a noobie game doesnt mean we should coddle them from harder topics. Here they can get questions answered, which makes this a better place to have harder topics come up so they can get clarification.

wait, what? its ironic cuz u called me passive when:

1. everyone calls me either passive/casual or aggressive OR (my fave) passive aggressive. but i don't see what made you draw the conclusion that i'm being passive. what line made you think that?

2. ur read was wishy-washy. normally i find u super analytical, but here its like you think i'm scummy then say "oh well she excused herself earlier by saying she wouldn't try hard". what is ur read on me exactly?

about toads he's always emotional...it wasn't just that game.... and using a dethys as meta is not the best logic. i mean i didn't try in that game lol, but thats not my scum meta

about nightmares yes. she's still learning and PL'ing her would just be mean cuz from my knowledge she hasn't played a game in awhile

about the last part, i agree we need 2 expose the fresh meat to the wild

Yo Ness, if I die, would I be allowed to post as IC or no?

Toads, surprised you didn't say anything aboit not agreeing with a Fleshy lynch sooner, considering there's been 3 of us who've said something. Why do you disagree with it?

well Fleshy's answers seem pretty genuine to me, and he stalks the thread a lot in games anyway. Those aren't very good reasons to lynch someone imo.

and I also have at least contributed two town reads and opinions on people starting to get sus (well menchie wasn't, but you get the idea), where you have given us two possible lynches based on PL for me and (?) for Fleshy? which imo isn't much either and actually worse since you are trying to influence who we lynch rn.

so please enlighten us to who your reads are? like legit reads, not based on PLs or who would be good to keep around for ML?

homie i asked you a question and ur trying to turn it back around on me, thats called deflection. if you don't wanna get lynched then who are your scumreads?

wait, what? its ironic cuz u called me passive when:

1. everyone calls me either passive/casual or aggressive OR (my fave) passive aggressive. but i don't see what made you draw the conclusion that i'm being passive. what line made you think that?

2. ur read was wishy-washy. normally i find u super analytical, but here its like you think i'm scummy then say "oh well she excused herself earlier by saying she wouldn't try hard". what is ur read on me exactly?

about toads he's always emotional...it wasn't just that game.... and using a dethys as meta is not the best logic. i mean i didn't try in that game lol, but thats not my scum meta

about nightmares yes. she's still learning and PL'ing her would just be mean cuz from my knowledge she hasn't played a game in awhile

about the last part, i agree we need 2 expose the fresh meat to the wild
On mobile rn but it was the comment about Sparro being scum to you. That was really easy to miss, and pointing out someone is scum is kind of a big starement. It felt pretty downplayed.

I'm flattered, but surprised that you think Im confident in my reads. I see both sides of the coin in most of my reads, and I see my lack of conviction of my reads as one of my weaker points as a player.

You have a much lower opinion than Toad than I do tho lol. I mainly noticed emotion in that one game tbh. You probably didnt have your regular meta because you didn't actually try - Toads did. And PL is kind of a mean thing to do by nature.

Oh, and realized I didnt answer your question entropy: at the time, I was half town half scum, but your recent posts have put you as a town read for now.

On mobile rn but it was the comment about Sparro being scum to you. That was really easy to miss, and pointing out someone is scum is kind of a big starement. It felt pretty downplayed.

I'm flattered, but surprised that you think Im confident in my reads. I see both sides of the coin in most of my reads, and I see my lack of conviction of my reads as one of my weaker points as a player.

You have a much lower opinion than Toad than I do tho lol. I mainly noticed emotion in that one game tbh. You probably didnt have your regular meta because you didn't actually try - Toads did. And PL is kind of a mean thing to do by nature.

OHHH ok ok ok that makes sense to me now. the sparro thing was mostly testing him, bc i did see what he was doing as a bit much. and then he backed off almost immediately which is def notable. but he is super null, and lynching someone thats as contributive as him is a bad idea in this game u feel? so he's off my list for today

but think of it this way- toads behavior in that dethys (jumping on people for bad reasoning) is what got him lynched. if he was maf he wouldn't play that same way. and now he's all defending fleshy but what is the point if he's not offering a better lynch? like u said the pressure was on fleshy for awhile, but he didn't spew out that read until he was pushed to. and i feel like now he doesn't want to give a solid scumread cuz if it's a bad one then he's gonna look sus again

homie i asked you a question and ur trying to turn it back around on me, thats called deflection. if you don't wanna get lynched then who are your scumreads?

Well if I succumb to your bullying and tell my gut instinct based on one quote, its gonna make me look scummy.
If I don't answer your question your still gonna scum read me
Either way you aren't going to let up on wanting me dead and lynched because you severely just hate me based on one game lol so thanks for that

My gut instinct is Eleanor because of
Iwaseleanor said:
4. What alignment do you think you would prefer to play - mafia or town? Why? Last game I was scummy and that was fun, but getting the all round experience as town is what I'd like.
sounds like she's saying "I want the full experience, but not getting it this time" wording is just off and there was no reaction to anything else so far. But Timezones and they don't really stay active anyway, so I was waiting to hear their other input.

- - - Post Merge - - -

otherwise town reading You, Menchie, and Sparro for outright newbie things

- - - Post Merge - - -

not reading you for newbie things.... but because you are always like this

Actually, reading back, I saw that Toads thinks that scum is hanging low rn. So that's funny - he's listed a trait that exists in this game that he found suspicious, yet he's afraid to voice any suspicions of his, despite people like Iwase and Fleshy filling that role.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Rip ninja

- - - Post Merge - - -

Toads, idk why you were so scared to talk about that when I literally mentioned the same thing earlier lmfao

Passiveness is a weak read? I consider passiveness a pretty big scumtell, tbh.

And toads last game went insane because of the cop inspect. I'm not seeing the insanity that he showed the last game show at all here. And he hadn't acted like that in any other game. Idk why you're seeing that as a trend when it was a 1 time deal.

Also for the nightmares PL - are you saying she shouldn't be PL'd because she was in the past? And how does her ability to be read mean anything? According to PL, that doesnt matter - its if someone is distracting, that's that. Allignment isnt even something of consideration. And if you think being able to read allignment is important, then Toads' scum game is pretty damn obvious - look at medical mafia.

Toads, Entropy, just because this is a noobie game doesnt mean we should coddle them from harder topics. Here they can get questions answered, which makes this a better place to have harder topics come up so they can get clarification.

I agree completely with the section in bold - this is exactly the place to raise those "harder topics" so we can learn game mechanics and strategy with help from an unbiased IC. I would vastly prefer to have things like PL come up now than in a non-newbie game where I'd be left to sink-or-swim alone!

Hmm. I think I understand WOTC and PL, respectively, now. I've read the definitions on mafia scum but it's different seeing them mentioned in context, I didn't guess "PL" at all at first.

People keep talking about various games played in the past and I haven't been able to read all of those games yet. Which game is
.... and using a dethys as meta is not the best logic. i mean i didn't try in that game lol, but thats not my scum meta
by entropy (post # 127) referring to? Medical Mafia? Or a different one?? Does "dethy" just mean very short Mafia game or is it more complicated?

And I have a really stupid question please : how do you quote multiple quotes in the one post? I've tried several different things but so far no luck. I'm able to use any of these devices : android phone, android tablet, iPad, and MAC laptop, if that makes any difference.

also I have been saying Sparro is definite town because when he said what role would I be he said Roleblocker. And I thought he had a blue role to allow him to know a role blocker was in the game

But now I see he was making a joke about me from last game. I thought since he was a new player he might not have known about it, but clearly he does

- - - Post Merge - - -

@kat because I'm trying not to spiral out of control this game

I agree completely with the section in bold - this is exactly the place to raise those "harder topics" so we can learn game mechanics and strategy with help from an unbiased IC. I would vastly prefer to have things like PL come up now than in a non-newbie game where I'd be left to sink-or-swim alone!

Hmm. I think I understand WOTC and PL, respectively, now. I've read the definitions on mafia scum but it's different seeing them mentioned in context, I didn't guess "PL" at all at first.

People keep talking about various games played in the past and I haven't been able to read all of those games yet. Which game is by entropy (post # 127) referring to? Medical Mafia? Or a different one?? Does "dethy" just mean very short Mafia game or is it more complicated?

And I have a really stupid question please : how do you quote multiple quotes in the one post? I've tried several different things but so far no luck. I'm able to use any of these devices : android phone, android tablet, iPad, and MAC laptop, if that makes any difference.

This game: http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?386432-Micro-Mafia-Gayme

You should be able to multiquote by using the button that has the quote symbol and a plus next to it.
Dethys are short games that function differently than regular mafias. Like open setups where winning is based more off of solving the puzzle of who has what roles than actually reading peoples' posts for content.[/quote]

- - - Post Merge - - -

Rip bbcode and tiredness

@Toads How would posting that suspicion make you spiral out of control?

Well I missed when you said that for one.... and if you posted it when Entropy has been pressuring me, I missed it because I was just avoiding going crazy emotional from everything

You.. didn't check to see if I posted my suspicion to verify, or to see the points I made? :v Anyway, the quote's in the spoiler.

But no, I posted it before the entropy stuff.
@Toads You reading everyone as town, or do you have a few neutral reads in there? If the latter, POE is your friend.

Gonna point out that Fleshy's been lurking for quite a while now. @Fleshy Anything to add?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Fleshy leaves or goes invis as soon as I point that out :eyes:

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hmm, well as of now, I do have a few slight scum leans. One is Fleshy, due to inactivity, being shy/not posting before RQs (sign of not wanting to take initiative, which is a scum tell imo), and his reply to the hype question seemed contradictory. "ofc" was so weak on energy, and it was easier to say yes after Menchie got attacked for saying maybe not, so I see it as kind of a bandwagon reply. And then he also said there wasnt much to go off of with menchie, but there was people already casting suspicion onto her soo..

Iwase's reply to "perfer to be town or mafia" felt a little off to me too. "Getting a well rounded experience" seemed like such a lackluster answer imo. Not to mention if entropy is scum,

So I'm mainly looking at Fleshy rn, but I have an eye on Iwase and Entropy too.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Tfw you forget to finish your thoughts.

"Not to mention if entropy is scum, he did voice that he thought she was town".

- - - Post Merge - - -

*she

Fml

- - - Post Merge - - -

I still don't get how posting that would make you lose contro of your emotions, though.

And rest assured that Im pretty sure entropy means no personal offense, and I dont mean any offense earlier by our suspicions. Its a game :)

Back