• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Mafia TBT Newbie Game VII: The Daily Tragedy - Town win

Ninja'd = others posted an answer to an earlier question before you, or answered questions you were going to ask before you could post.

I think there are other things that would count, too, but I only know those two.

- - - Post Merge - - -

^ I was ninja'd again!

What does ninja'd mean?
Basically being beaten to the punch lol. Like I probably will be with this post but ah well

Menchie seems town to me b/c in her game as a neutral, she was a lot more quiet than this. I dont remember her saying much as nontown at all, and shes being pretty talkative here.

Toads seems to be pretty inquisitive and open about his reads, too. He's my most townie read tbh.

Sparro.. He's a light town read. He did seem to obsess a little imo, but it did get discussion going at least. And when there isnt much to go on, its a little hard to not obsess over something. Other than that, he's struck me as someone who has an interest in scum hunting, which is really good.

Entropy, Im mixed on. A part of me is sus of her due to this policy lynch thing that makes no sense, and she was quite passive in pointing out her suspicion. That being said, she's at least stating opinions, and trying to scumhunt to some extent, and I remember her saying before the game that she probably isnt going to put in a ton of effort.

Well yes, it's not a secret that Entropy did not approve of my performance in the last game. But that is part of my reasoning for joining this game... To prove I'm not a spastic mess lol. I don't think we should be teaching policy lynches in a new player game too. So let's that aside for now.

I can't get a hold of anyone to be scummy right now. Honestly this doesn't surprise me with entropy... In games scum will always be quiet these first days so they are probably just laying low right now. Kudos to everyone answering RQS already though! Gonna be a fun game!

Menchie is a town-lean to me. She's asking questions freely, and I'm dismissing the RQS question I had as it wouldn't of had an impact on anything looking back at it.

Toad is a town-lean as well. I haven't noticed anything off about him.

Entropy is a town-lean, as most scum from what I've gathered would rather push for a no-lynch instead of a Policy Lynch/Random Lynch.

Kat is also a town lean, she's actively helping and voicing opinion, along with questioning.

Looking at this, I'm basically saying I haven't managed to pinpoint anyone scummy yet.

The first reminder of current events will be coming in 3 hours (votecount)

Last edited:
Do you have any opinions on anyone at this point?

I'm was kinda sus about Sparro when they obsessed over my post, but it is true nothing was really happening at the time I said it. Also, Entropy is confusing me for wanting a PL against toads. I'm townleaning amanda too, nothing making me sus about her

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm not scumleaning anyone at this point either

@Toads You reading everyone as town, or do you have a few neutral reads in there? If the latter, POE is your friend.

Gonna point out that Fleshy's been lurking for quite a while now. @Fleshy Anything to add?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Fleshy leaves or goes invis as soon as I point that out :eyes:

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hmm, well as of now, I do have a few slight scum leans. One is Fleshy, due to inactivity, being shy/not posting before RQs (sign of not wanting to take initiative, which is a scum tell imo), and his reply to the hype question seemed contradictory. "ofc" was so weak on energy, and it was easier to say yes after Menchie got attacked for saying maybe not, so I see it as kind of a bandwagon reply. And then he also said there wasnt much to go off of with menchie, but there was people already casting suspicion onto her soo..

Iwase's reply to "perfer to be town or mafia" felt a little off to me too. "Getting a well rounded experience" seemed like such a lackluster answer imo. Not to mention if entropy is scum,

So I'm mainly looking at Fleshy rn, but I have an eye on Iwase and Entropy too.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Tfw you forget to finish your thoughts.

"Not to mention if entropy is scum, he did voice that he thought she was town".

- - - Post Merge - - -

*she

Fml

Yeah I have some neutrals.... Basically everyone, except menchie and sparro that I explained already. I was just noting that while some people were finding entropys PL mention and sparro's quick jump to action sketchy I don't reason them to be scummy for reasons. Just giving alternate opinions for things people are uneasy of.

Going back to entropy's Toad PL/Fleshy Lynch request, I can understand a lynch on Fleshy but I can say that toad's mess of a performance in the last game was mainly due to a fail on tae's end (Not knowing who he inspected). A PL there wouldn't necessarily be fair, since that resulted in all suspicion being on toad with a reason that would normally be justified (Tae claiming cop and no counterclaim, toad not being able to pull anything because of it.). For that reason, I believe a lynch on toad is not fair in our current circumstance.

Yeah, Policy lynch. For anyone who doesn't know, policy lynching is lynching someone not necessarily because of them being scummy, but because they'd provide some form of hiderence to the game in some other way, like being distracting for town overall.

The pros of policy lynch are that you get rid of people who could inadvertently help mafia, regardless of allignment, due to how they act. It makes the chat mush easier to focus on.

The cons of policy lynching are that you're not lynching someone b/c of their allignment, so you could easily lynch town, which is bad news.

I personally am against policy lynching. Disruptive people can help find scum due to peoples' reactions imo, and keeping out people that are disruptive beyond reason is what WOTC is for.

Entropy, if you want to policy someone, why Toads? I get last game happened, but if anyone, I'd think Nightmares would have come to mind first, if you were gonna policy at all. And why Fleshy?

but nightmares was policied in one of the last games and was also WOTC'd iirc. and nightmares is easier for everyone to read in the long run 4 the newbies

lynching toads is beneficial cuz he just derails the thread

- - - Post Merge - - -

Going back to entropy's Toad PL/Fleshy Lynch request, I can understand a lynch on Fleshy but I can say that toad's mess of a performance in the last game was mainly due to a fail on tae's end (Not knowing who he inspected). A PL there wouldn't necessarily be fair, since that resulted in all suspicion being on toad with a reason that would normally be justified (Tae claiming cop and no counterclaim, toad not being able to pull anything because of it.). For that reason, I believe a lynch on toad is not fair in our current circumstance.

tae misreported when he thought he was town. when he realized he was culted he did the best thing possibl.

tae thought he inspected toads cuz he looked scummy to begin with because he attacked me, while i was pushing on panda, and distracted everyone from panda (who was cult leader)

- - - Post Merge - - -

**possible

- - - Post Merge - - -

wait why do u understand a fleshy lynch

wait why do u understand a fleshy lynch

Their inactivity could be seen as suspicious. Especially since they've been spotted numerous times viewing the thread, without word after.

- - - Post Merge - - -

tae misreported when he thought he was town. when he realized he was culted he did the best thing possibl.

tae thought he inspected toads cuz he looked scummy to begin with because he attacked me, while i was pushing on panda, and distracted everyone from panda (who was cult leader)

I understand that; it's why I brought it up (it worked out amazingly in his favour too tbh). And ah I see, I wasn't entirely with the thread (I started reading around D2/N1 and didn't look back) so I guess it makes sense.

@entropy - I'm sorry I don't quite follow what you mean in post #92 - is "PL" a policy lynch like Toads mentioned? Can you explain how that would be good for town if so? And any reason for a Fleshy lynch aside from them not posting when Sparro noticed them earlier?

yes, PL=policy lynch

PL's are useful for people that are hindering, difficult to read, and derail the thread. it's basically a "liability" lynch. i mean, i really don't care if nobody listens to me about this, but i'm warning you guys ?\_(ツ)_/?

fleshy has what i think of as a "constructed" post, simply put, i think his RQS answer is really awkward and forced. and overall he's pretty avoidant of the thread, when i first mentioned him he was online (hence why i pushed him) and he hasn't made any reaction. he's one of the few to only have made like two posts and then ghost

i don't really agree with a TR on menchie btw, asking simple questions doesn't mean anything and it's often what scum does to seem like they're participating but aren't

entropy said:
lynching toads is beneficial cuz he just derails the thread

We should not be modeling Policy Lynches in a game for new players imo, please drop things from last game because I don't wanna talk about it as much as you do. There were extreme circumstances in the last game that brought about my posts and those circumstances are definitely not being replicated in this game so I think policy lynch should be left out from here on out for everyone. These games are meant for people to feel comfortable trying to learn mafia, and it kinda gives the wrong vibe to say that if you do one thing wrong in one game, players will hold grudges on you in the following game

Entropy, Im mixed on. A part of me is sus of her due to this policy lynch thing that makes no sense, and she was quite passive in pointing out her suspicion. That being said, she's at least stating opinions, and trying to scumhunt to some extent, and I remember her saying before the game that she probably isnt going to put in a ton of effort.

this is pretty wishy washy for u kat, kinda interesting for u to point out passiveness when normally i see u making more solid reads

and how doesn't it make sense considering how toads acted last game?

tbh if i was maf id wanna leave toads alive to ML later ; )

- - - Post Merge - - -

We should not be modeling Policy Lynches in a game for new players imo, please drop things from last game because I don't wanna talk about it as much as you do. There were extreme circumstances in the last game that brought about my posts and those circumstances are definitely not being replicated in this game so I think policy lynch should be left out from here on out for everyone. These games are meant for people to feel comfortable trying to learn mafia, and it kinda gives the wrong vibe to say that if you do one thing wrong in one game, players will hold grudges on you in the following game

k then who do you want to lynch? cuz so far you haven't contributed anything besides two townreads. i mean, if u townread two people and you exclude kat (because shes IC, not cuz she's towny) you should have a scumpool of 5 people and two are scum which is basically a 40% chance. so it's pretty odd that you aren't narrowing down your list further.

also this isn't a grudge, i've given my opinion on the best two lynches so far

Passiveness is a weak read? I consider passiveness a pretty big scumtell, tbh.

And toads last game went insane because of the cop inspect. I'm not seeing the insanity that he showed the last game show at all here. And he hadn't acted like that in any other game. Idk why you're seeing that as a trend when it was a 1 time deal.

Also for the nightmares PL - are you saying she shouldn't be PL'd because she was in the past? And how does her ability to be read mean anything? According to PL, that doesnt matter - its if someone is distracting, that's that. Allignment isnt even something of consideration. And if you think being able to read allignment is important, then Toads' scum game is pretty damn obvious - look at medical mafia.

Toads, Entropy, just because this is a noobie game doesnt mean we should coddle them from harder topics. Here they can get questions answered, which makes this a better place to have harder topics come up so they can get clarification.

this is pretty wishy washy for u kat, kinda interesting for u to point out passiveness when normally i see u making more solid reads

and how doesn't it make sense considering how toads acted last game?

tbh if i was maf id wanna leave toads alive to ML later ; )

- - - Post Merge - - -

k then who do you want to lynch? cuz so far you haven't contributed anything besides two townreads. i mean, if u townread two people and you exclude kat (because shes IC, not cuz she's towny) you should have a scumpool of 5 people and two are scum which is basically a 40% chance. so it's pretty odd that you aren't narrowing down your list further.

also this isn't a grudge, i've given my opinion on the best two lynches so far

well in a game this small, having enough town reads on the others makes the scum more apparent. So I am more inclined to look at that since people work real hard to not come across as scum anyway. Its easier instead to look at the people who are definitely town and rule them out as preliminary before looking at whose left in more depth to decide whose scummy. Thats how I approach the situation sometimes... tear it to shreds, I know you will :)

well in a game this small, having enough town reads on the others makes the scum more apparent. So I am more inclined to look at that since people work real hard to not come across as scum anyway. Its easier instead to look at the people who are definitely town and rule them out as preliminary before looking at whose left in more depth to decide whose scummy. Thats how I approach the situation sometimes... tear it to shreds, I know you will :)
Wait, so you're only looking at who's town? Why not both?

Also you kinda didnt answer her question so :v

and I also have at least contributed two town reads and opinions on people starting to get sus (well menchie wasn't, but you get the idea), where you have given us two possible lynches based on PL for me and (?) for Fleshy? which imo isn't much either and actually worse since you are trying to influence who we lynch rn.

so please enlighten us to who your reads are? like legit reads, not based on PLs or who would be good to keep around for ML?

Back