• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

TBT conversion rate too high?

TBT conversion rate too high?

• Yes, it should be lowered!

Votes: 82 45.1%
  • No, I think it's fair the way it is!

Votes: 41 22.5%
  • Really don't care about it...

Votes: 59 32.4%

• Total voters
I'm sure that you will find a way to lower the exchange rate one day.

One thing that still bugs me about this thread are the tags. What do they have to do with the TBT exchange rate? Why are they there?

Anyone can add tags so yeah... people like to add POINTLESS tags. They do it on a lot of popular threads

Oh, I see what you mean. But just because I made that one comparison doesn't mean you can use the tags to communicate with users on this thread.

?? What are you talking about. I don't think they are communicating just tagging things

?? What are you talking about. I don't think they are communicating just tagging things

Earlier on this thread, when I found out that users were duping crowns to make in-game Bells, I compared duping Bells to racism. It's true that duping has ruined the game, but I hated it that someone has put in some tags about it.

Earlier on this thread, when I found out that users were duping crowns to make in-game Bells, I compared duping Bells to racism. It's true that duping has ruined the game, but I hated it that someone has put in some tags about it.

Ah, I see. That was rude of them :(

I'm sure that you will find a way to lower the exchange rate one day.

One thing that still bugs me about this thread are the tags. What do they have to do with the TBT exchange rate? Why are they there?
its about your post about racism most likely.

I think the rate is going way to high which makes sense on why some people are
lowering it down when some people are trying to buy tbt for 2mil :<

But still some people should stop trying to budge the tbt up to like 20mil, by the
time that happens tbt would either become extremely valuable or worthless.

I think the rate is going way to high which makes sense on why some people are
lowering it down when some people are trying to buy tbt for 2mil :<

But still some people should stop trying to budge the tbt up to like 20mil, by the
time that happens tbt would either become extremely valuable or worthless.
Yeah, I miss the old rates, I missed most of May and when I got back the rate went from 1 mil=100 TBT to 6 mil=100 TBT

For people like me with new towns that need in game bells and don't have the time to bug hunt for hrs anymore it may be a good idea to sell some, though I haven't before. I don't so much see the point yet of using the TBT on forum except for auctions as it is easier for most than retail method ect. I really only use it for auctions otherwise with a new town or even old that as have not sold many villagers need the money I see the point in selling. One day when do not worry about money for towns then would like some little shop things the ones would like now sold out anyway.

I can not seem to find a thread with the current conversion rate though, so think am paying way to high on pms for t fives. What is the rate now?

For people like me with new towns that need in game bells and don't have the time to bug hunt for hrs anymore it may be a good idea to sell some, though I haven't before. I don't so much see the point yet of using the TBT on forum except for auctions as it is easier for most than retail method ect. I really only use it for auctions otherwise with a new town or even old that as have not sold many villagers need the money I see the point in selling. One day when do not worry about money for towns then would like some little shop things the ones would like now sold out anyway.

I can not seem to find a thread with the current conversion rate though, so think am paying way to high on pms for t fives. What is the rate now?

It's around 4 million to 6 million IG bells per 100 BTB, but lately, there have been people who are willing to buy for as high as fifteen million.

I wonder if having an unofficial rates guide where the title states the exchange rate at some low price per btb would affect the market. (and people bumping it to keep it on the 1st page)

Lassy's collectible pricing guide is not even stickied but it shows a HUGE influence on the current collectible market, we don't have to follow it but majority of us do. Same with houndd00med's villager popularity guide, one villager will sell for 5 mil one week and the next week he lists them as tier 1 and now they sell for 20 mil.

Last edited:
I wonder if having an unofficial rates guide where the title states the exchange rate at some low price per btb would affect the market. (and people bumping it to keep it on the 1st page)

Lassy's collectible pricing guide is not even stickied but it shows a HUGE influence on the current collectible market, we don't have to follow it but majority of us do. Same with houndd00med's villager popularity guide, one villager will sell for 5 mil one week and the next week he lists them as tier 1 and now they sell for 20 mil.

mmmm, it might actually work but at what rate would you set it?

Fascinating how two people control the market...

why is it so hard to set it to 100 ****ing BTB

- - - Post Merge - - -

Fascinating how two people control the market...

and yes, I agree. How about people that actually know what they're doing control the market.

- - - Post Merge - - -

wait why do i care?

and yes, I agree. How about people that actually know what they're doing control the market.

Pretty sure Hound00med is actually a mod on /r/AdoptMyVillager and they specifically cater lists to that specific website based off trends observed. Seems like they know what they're doing to me. If it was a huge problem wouldn't someone have made a bigger stink about it by now?

Back