• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

TBT conversion rate too high?

TBT conversion rate too high?

• Yes, it should be lowered!

Votes: 82 45.1%
  • No, I think it's fair the way it is!

Votes: 41 22.5%
  • Really don't care about it...

Votes: 59 32.4%

• Total voters

Drake789

~Proud Inkling~
Bells
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
Green Candy
Green Candy
Green Candy
Green Candy
Green Candy
Red Candy
Red Candy
Red Candy
Red Candy
So I wanted to know your guys' feelings about the TBT conversation rate to in-game bells. It's currently at about 5 million AC bells for 100 TBT bells. Does anyone else feel like this is personally a bit too high? I know it takes way less time to try and get 100 TBT than 5 million bells in animal crossing (unless you're selling turnips at high prices) so why is the conversion rate so high? I remember a few months ago it was about 100 TBT for 1 million which I honestly thought was a lot more fair for both sides of the trade...

So I wanted to know your guys' feelings about the TBT conversation rate to in-game bells. It's currently at about 5 million AC bells for 100 TBT bells. Does anyone else feel like this is personally a bit too high? I know it takes way less time to try and get 100 TBT than 5 million bells in animal crossing (unless you're selling turnips at high prices) so why is the conversion rate so high? I remember a few months ago it was about 100 TBT for 1 million which I honestly thought was a lot more fair for both sides of the trade...

I don't know why it is so high right now, but it could be that the AC economy is so messed up.

I think it's because of duping. If someone dupes crowns and uses the lazy camper exploit (or even just retail), it is wayyy easier to make 5 mil Bells than 100 BTB.

Yes, its too high, but i dont know how we can lower it. And we went round and round before discussing how it can be lowered, and there really wasnt a solution. :(

there was even a time back in the beginning of summer where all the btb buyers agreed to buy at a flat rate but it only lasted a couple of days because there will always be that ONE person who is willing to buy for more.

there is really nothing we can do to lower the rate and the mods have said plenty of times before that they will not regulate the exchange rate.

There's no way to lower it if people are happy to trade at this price - supply and demand. Like others have said, duping probably contributes to the inflation, and that's something that is tricky to monitor and stop.

It's a natural progression as more bells are introduced into Animal Crossing. Animal Crossing has a fatal flaw of not having any severe money sinks in the game beyond release, meaning that people that continue to play it, regardless of duping, will gather more and more bells with nothing to spend them on. This introduces more bells into the game and makes them less and less valuable as time goes on.

It's a natural progression as more bells are introduced into Animal Crossing. Animal Crossing has a fatal flaw of not having any severe money sinks in the game beyond release, meaning that people that continue to play it, regardless of duping, will gather more and more bells with nothing to spend them on. This introduces more bells into the game and makes them less and less valuable as time goes on.

Now I know. Thanks Jas0n for telling me.

Well it makes sense when you put it like that! I just really hope the price does not keep going up and up for TBT, as I mean there are people who start new towns (such as myself) that have to work to get all their bells back and pay off debt again, so it kinda puts people like myself at a disadvantage to buying TBT, so for me it's still easier just to post to get the 100 TBT honestly XD

Back