• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Talk About Your Town

My Re-Tail is buying turnips for 642~

Usually I don't TT in my main town, but this is just too good an opportunity to pass up.

Time to invite all the people in to sell turnips! : D

And maybe having everyone running back and forth on the path to Retail will help erode the grass so I can maintain my nice dirt path.

I restarted my town at about 4am yesterday. Today I got 100% for my Development Permit and Marina moved in.
I've planted my Perfect Orange and I've planned where I'm going to plant most other things and where my path will go.

I've also promised myself that no one is allowed to move out of my town until I have their picture, that is my long term goal - to collect as many pictures as possible since I've never got one myself before.

Well Leif was asleep outside my house today, he was horrified at how many weeds I have. I told him NO I didnt want his help thank you very much. But then he just fell back asleep so I picked a few in the hope that he will go back to the store tomorrow. Ran lots of errands for my lazy villagers, but I got a bamboo shoot from one of them which ive never had before. 2 bushes I planted the other day wilted, I planted 2 more. Replaced the last of my lychee trees with apples. Got a new song at the store (King K.K.) one that I actually like. Mable pinged me she wants to move out I said see ya. I hope I get a cat villager next. Fushia had me deliver a package to Zell, he was psyched, I guess he likes her (being the only other deer in town)... I made lots of room in my drawers selling clothes and gemstones I didnt want... Thats about it, im just bored.

DarkRose now has the Dream Suite, Club LOL, The garden shop, T&T Mart, Kick's shoes store, and Shampoodle!

Working on getting the museum remodel done now.

I restarted my town about a week ago. My new town is called Elwynn and it had a pretty good bunch of starter villagers, including Merengue Beau, and Pecan, and I've since got a few more and I don't dislike any of them. The native fruit is orange, and I actually quite like the look of the perfect orange trees. I've decided for this town I will not TT at all. I will also have no pattern paths, but instead have "flower paths", and run in-between the flowers to erode the grass and eventually have just dirt paths in specific places. I'm being really careful with where I walk/run this time around! However, collecting all of the flowers is taking a while. I'm doing lots of tours and grabbing them there, and breeding a LOT of hybrids.
I've had no time to build anymore PWPs except another bridge, and no time to do much bug hunting/fishing, so I need to start that soon.
So far so good with my new town, Elwynn!

I restarted my town about a week ago. My new town is called Elwynn and it had a pretty good bunch of starter villagers, including Merengue Beau, and Pecan, and I've since got a few more and I don't dislike any of them. The native fruit is orange, and I actually quite like the look of the perfect orange trees. I've decided for this town I will not TT at all. I will also have no pattern paths, but instead have "flower paths", and run in-between the flowers to erode the grass and eventually have just dirt paths in specific places. I'm being really careful with where I walk/run this time around! However, collecting all of the flowers is taking a while. I'm doing lots of tours and grabbing them there, and breeding a LOT of hybrids.
I've had no time to build anymore PWPs except another bridge, and no time to do much bug hunting/fishing, so I need to start that soon.
So far so good with my new town, Elwynn!

Sounds like you're doing a beautiful job. :)

I've been working hard on the flowers in my town. And accidentally ended up with bedhead!!! Blahhh. And it will be ages before I get Shampoodle. But a friend let me use hers. Yayy!! :D

After months of playing, I started a new town. I got three pig villagers in my first eight. Talk about a lack of variety :( I get a little discouraged having an empty town all over again but that's okay! On the bright side I finally have the house exterior I want show up at Nook's Homes after having no luck with my old town for a month or so. Only PWP so far is a campsite, and no interesting campers showed up thus far. That's about it for my two week old town!

After months of playing, I started a new town. I got three pig villagers in my first eight. Talk about a lack of variety :( I get a little discouraged having an empty town all over again but that's okay! On the bright side I finally have the house exterior I want show up at Nook's Homes after having no luck with my old town for a month or so. Only PWP so far is a campsite, and no interesting campers showed up thus far. That's about it for my two week old town!

I hope you get some fun campers soon. I got Erik from my campsite, and I love him. :)

I named my town "October" because that was the month I started. I played ACNL almost constantly for a few days last week when I had the flu and was almost sorry when I got well enough that I could get out of bed and back to reality.

I can't say that there is anything really exceptional about my town except for the diagonal roads. I gave myself the challenge of setting up routes past all nine rocks and the houses and shops and that meant that most of the paths could not be straight. I had to use nine pattern spaces for the wider path, and two more spaces for the narrow paths and they are still more jaggy than I would like. I'm trying to figure out if it is worth it to add another character so that I would have more pattern slots and make curved roads (?).

My town flag is my image of the "Koreisha", a stylized leaf-sign that is put on a vehicle in Japan to let people know the car is being driven by an elderly driver (I understand there are other symbols for new drivers).

I played Animal Crossing Wild World on the DS for years (on and off) and I'm so glad that Animal Crossing New Leaf has the "beautiful town" feature so that I won't have to do the cockroach stomp ever again...

If you visit my town via the Dream Suite I will try to return the visit.

"Penne" is my second town. I named it after the noodle bahahah. I think it has an island too (only accessible with bridges). Penne's native fruit is the peach -- much happier with peaches than I am with oranges, which was my first town's fruit. Besides its villagers, there is the lazy Mayor, a no-nonsense intern working with/assisting Isabelle, an awkward herpetologist (someone who studies reptiles and amphibians) and two brothers who live together (I just change their hair/outfit depending on who I'm RPing). Penne's paths are completed as is its fruit orchard. Hoping I can unlock the Cafe soon~

This isn't my town, but it's what I use to talk about my town - I Finally figured out where people get their cute avatars! Yay! :)

My town, Ardonna, is named after a fantasy kingdom in a story I might someday write. There are tons of flowers and a fair amount of trees--I'm trying to section off the different types into different areas before I start trying to grow hybrids, but it's going sort of slowly...It helps that I have the Beautiful Ordinance, and I got the Silver watering can the other day! :) Still working on that golden axe, though...

Anyway, I now officially have oranges (thanks to a RL AC pal!). AND, I passed Gracie's 4th Fashion Check today, with a fabulous mesh of the Ballet Outfit and some Cleats and Soccer Socks. Got a Sweets Bed, and she promised to open a boutique soon...!! :D

The residents for Finch are pouring in; and their personalities are already starting to develop.

Renee is the local gangster: she fits the role perfectly; it's kind of scary. She goes around yelling yo yo yo all day long, and she likes to talk about fighting. Go figure.
Ava is the mother hen. We all know why.
Francine is kind of a creeper. She's never around. But when she shows up, it's scary. Plus she's so sassy.
Marshall. He's just adorable. He can be a bit rude, but he's very chill.
And Harry. No. I don't even talk to him.

In terms of the town itself, made a new flag from scratch, completed my first street lamp, and Leif has opened his first store!

It was a cool evening in Walton. Vic the bull is sitting on a bench right by the riverbank. He tells me he is taking in the evening breeze and contemplating the mysteries of life. I join him and we sit quietly by the light of the setting sun, listening to the gentle gurgle of the flowing water.

On another bench, Deli the monkey is napping blissfully while Rudy the cat prowls among the garden. I'm not sure what he is up to. Mira the bunny appears to be fishing close by. In the distance, I see the light from Keaton the eagle's little tropical shack. I think I can just make out K.K. Moody playing over the call of the crickets.

I decide to take a quick swim at the beach. It won't be long before winter arrives and the water too cold to go into. I plunge into the chilly deep blue and swim out to the dock, wary of the soft ghostly trails of jellyfish. Finally, with the beach just out of sight, I lay back on the rippling surface and stare at the bejeweled night sky.

It is so peaceful here.

I can't believe it!!! :D. After months of trying, after I gave up totally, I finally grew a BLUE ROSE in my town!!! :D. My OWN blue rose, not one from someone else. Completely and totally spawned in my town without any other blue roses around to encourage it. It grew from black roses. I have been working on growing a bunch of black roses so I can let them wilt and turn them gold.

And there is a beautiful blue rose at the edge of the black rose garden!! Yayyyyy!!!! :D

Last edited:
DaCoSim is helping me move flowers to my main town today. Yayyyyy!!!!!! :D Thank you DaCoSim!!!!! :D Then I will be able to make my town pretty and update my dreamtown. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Fushia has moved out.

Some other people have moved in.

Caf? and fountain have been added to my town.

Fuchsia moved out of my town too. She was adopted. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

It was a cool evening in Walton. Vic the bull is sitting on a bench right by the riverbank. He tells me he is taking in the evening breeze and contemplating the mysteries of life. I join him and we sit quietly by the light of the setting sun, listening to the gentle gurgle of the flowing water.

On another bench, Deli the monkey is napping blissfully while Rudy the cat prowls among the garden. I'm not sure what he is up to. Mira the bunny appears to be fishing close by. In the distance, I see the light from Keaton the eagle's little tropical shack. I think I can just make out K.K. Moody playing over the call of the crickets.

I decide to take a quick swim at the beach. It won't be long before winter arrives and the water too cold to go into. I plunge into the chilly deep blue and swim out to the dock, wary of the soft ghostly trails of jellyfish. Finally, with the beach just out of sight, I lay back on the rippling surface and stare at the bejeweled night sky.

It is so peaceful here.

Wow, love your lyrical description of evening in your town. So beautiful. :)

I can't believe it!!! :D. After months of trying, after I gave up totally, I finally grew a BLUE ROSE in my town!!! :D. My OWN blue rose, not one from someone else. Completely and totally spawned in my town without any other blue roses around to encourage it. It grew from black roses. I have been working on growing a bunch of black roses so I can let them wilt and turn them gold.

And there is a beautiful blue rose at the edge of the black rose garden!! Yayyyyy!!!! :D

Wow that's so awesome!! I'm jealous, I've been trying for a couple of months to make my own blue rose from special red roses but nothing has spawned yet :x getting a bit impatient

So would you say that blue roses just spawn completely random regardless of what types of roses you breed together to get them? If thats the case then i'll just water a bunch of roses instead of my special reds x__x

Wow that's so awesome!! I'm jealous, I've been trying for a couple of months to make my own blue rose from special red roses but nothing has spawned yet :x getting a bit impatient

So would you say that blue roses just spawn completely random regardless of what types of roses you breed together to get them? If thats the case then i'll just water a bunch of roses instead of my special reds x__x

I think they come from hybrids. I have heard of them spawning from different types of hybrids - some people got them from pink, others red, etc. They are SO HARD TO SPWN!!!!! I had been trying since July! :D

Back