• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Mafia Super Smash Brothers: Mafia! - Volume 2 - Mafia Win

1. What are your preferred pronouns and timezone?He, your lord and saviour. One or the other. Timezone is AEST(GMT+10).

2. How do you react to people attacking you? Not remotely effected. Play will remain exactly as it was prior, points of either dismissal or counterlogic will of course be made.

3. What will you be known for in this game? Being a game ending trump card for town or dying night 1. Really the doctors choice in the end.

4. What do you think the town to mafia to 3rd party ratio is?would be absolutely floored if it was more than 3 mafia. 4-11 is wildly unbalanced. (Mislynch day 1 -> 10:4 -> 8:4 -> 8:3 -> 6:3 = Mylo. Two mislynch loss in a 15 person game would be screwed up)
It's quite likely that it's 12:3, but I could see 11:3:1. I don't think "no additional roles added" implies no third parties, it implies that we have less than ness's starting goal, so he didn't have to add any additional roles. Impressive, I know.

5. Name the scum team, go. I've got a quibble here. I want to make a 3 person team with Kat as part of it because Kat wasn't brought up as an experienced player in the earlier discussion. (And I'd certainly count her as one)
But presently I've got a light townread on Kat, so that would be nonsensical.
So I'll say Dolby, Bowie and Glow.
Not necessarily because I scumread any of them, but to reinforce 3 points.
A) I would not be surprised if, in a game with this sort of density of good players, there was more than one on the mafia team.
B) Two people having a skat like Dolby and glow did does not support that they aren't mafia together. (ESPECIALLY when Dolby is one of the two in the scuttle, he loves that sort of distancing.)
Of course, it obviously doesn't imply that they are either, it's just irrelevant.
C) Bowie hasn't done anything he wouldn't or couldn't do as mafia. The line people quoted implies he isn't third party, but that's close to irrelevant information. Moreover, to suggest that he wouldn't do that as mafia is absurd, he doesn't carefully plan to be unuseful as mafia.

My reasoning for townreading Kat weakly is a little unintuitive, as I don't agree with a single one of her reads. The reason is because I can understand where she's coming from in each of her posts. I just don't agree with any of it.

I also have an opposite read on Heyden's post to Kat.
This is because I think Heyden's post suggesting that the mafia team must have Dolby, I or Cleb in it was genuine. (Meaning he's either mafia with Dolby, or Cleb, if he is mafia)

I have a weak scumread in Dolby, because I think he was trying to force a townslip by suggesting the possibility of 4 mafia in a 15 player game. I don't see how someone with as much experience as him could even entertain the possibility.

- - - Post Merge - - -

4. 3 town per 1 maf, one TP
So 10.5 town and 3.5 mafia, with one third? Watch out boys and girls, we've got a turncoat in our midst.

keep my name out of ur filthy mouths

- - - Post Merge - - -

1. What are your preferred pronouns and timezone?He, your lord and saviour. One or the other. Timezone is AEST(GMT+10).

2. How do you react to people attacking you? Not remotely effected. Play will remain exactly as it was prior, points of either dismissal or counterlogic will of course be made.

3. What will you be known for in this game? Being a game ending trump card for town or dying night 1. Really the doctors choice in the end.

4. What do you think the town to mafia to 3rd party ratio is?would be absolutely floored if it was more than 3 mafia. 4-11 is wildly unbalanced. (Mislynch day 1 -> 10:4 -> 8:4 -> 8:3 -> 6:3 = Mylo. Two mislynch loss in a 15 person game would be screwed up)
It's quite likely that it's 12:3, but I could see 11:3:1. I don't think "no additional roles added" implies no third parties, it implies that we have less than ness's starting goal, so he didn't have to add any additional roles. Impressive, I know.

5. Name the scum team, go. I've got a quibble here. I want to make a 3 person team with Kat as part of it because Kat wasn't brought up as an experienced player in the earlier discussion. (And I'd certainly count her as one)
But presently I've got a light townread on Kat, so that would be nonsensical.
So I'll say Dolby, Bowie and Glow.
Not necessarily because I scumread any of them, but to reinforce 3 points.
A) I would not be surprised if, in a game with this sort of density of good players, there was more than one on the mafia team.
B) Two people having a skat like Dolby and glow did does not support that they aren't mafia together. (ESPECIALLY when Dolby is one of the two in the scuttle, he loves that sort of distancing.)
Of course, it obviously doesn't imply that they are either, it's just irrelevant.
C) Bowie hasn't done anything he wouldn't or couldn't do as mafia. The line people quoted implies he isn't third party, but that's close to irrelevant information. Moreover, to suggest that he wouldn't do that as mafia is absurd, he doesn't carefully plan to be unuseful as mafia.

My reasoning for townreading Kat weakly is a little unintuitive, as I don't agree with a single one of her reads. The reason is because I can understand where she's coming from in each of her posts. I just don't agree with any of it.

I also have an opposite read on Heyden's post to Kat.
This is because I think Heyden's post suggesting that the mafia team must have Dolby, I or Cleb in it was genuine. (Meaning he's either mafia with Dolby, or Cleb, if he is mafia)

I have a weak scumread in Dolby, because I think he was trying to force a townslip by suggesting the possibility of 4 mafia in a 15 player game. I don't see how someone with as much experience as him could even entertain the possibility.

- - - Post Merge - - -

So 10.5 town and 3.5 mafia, with one third? Watch out boys and girls, we've got a turncoat in our midst.

sorry, for i cannot be mafia, as i am a second runner

I am always instantly suspicious of the first person to post on Day 1, because I always feel like there's a possibility they're trying to act as the interrogator, so to speak, and distance themselves from the chance of being suspected, because why would the interrogator be interrogated? The leader of the Townies never gets suspected, and Dolby always seems to try and fill that role.

But I had this same thought on the last game I played (I forget what it was), so I'm probably wrong. I just think it's something to consider, and I'll be keeping it in mind as I examine Dolby's posts.

4 mafia isn't impossible tho, overwatch was 11 v 4, themeless was 4 vs 12 and paper mario was 4 v 11 even with 1 kp and town still lost. 4 is possible but yeah I'm thinking 3 for this game and a 3rd party, ness is the type of person to chuck one in imo.

- - - Post Merge - - -

also sorta sheepish but i agree with the bowie townlean, if anything him mentioning how ironic his role was or something is a town tell bc most first time scums aren't as vocal as that

I am always instantly suspicious of the first person to post on Day 1, because I always feel like there's a possibility they're trying to act as the interrogator, so to speak, and distance themselves from the chance of being suspected, because why would the interrogator be interrogated? The leader of the Townies never gets suspected, and Dolby always seems to try and fill that role.

But I had this same thought on the last game I played (I forget what it was), so I'm probably wrong. I just think it's something to consider, and I'll be keeping it in mind as I examine Dolby's posts.
Dolby did it last game and ended up being town, I think there's quite a fine line between scum dolby and town dolby, and he hasn't done done anything pro-town as of yet which is putting me off a bit, but if 2 blues die tonight then I guess we know it's dolby anyway ?\_(ツ)_/?

@dolby, why did you feel the need to post the rqs first, if you were jetlagged you should have just let someone else do it lol.

Boo, reusing a rqs is boring imo.

Anyone who posts at the beginning of game in the fashion that Dolby did usually do so regardless of alignment.
4 mafia isn't impossible tho, overwatch was 11 v 4, themeless was 4 vs 12 and paper mario was 4 v 11 even with 1 kp and town still lost. 4 is possible but yeah I'm thinking 3 for this game and a 3rd party, ness is the type of person to chuck one in imo.

- - - Post Merge - - -

also sorta sheepish but i agree with the bowie townlean, if anything him mentioning how ironic his role was or something is a town tell bc most first time scums aren't as vocal as that
Wait, really? If so then I imagine mafia has been winning a lot of those. That also means it's quite likely for this game. Sweet Jesus. View on Dolby retracted.
On your Bowie read: fair, that's quite good reasoning for townreading him.

@KermitTea no idea

1. Pst
2. pls don't attack me
3. Nothing
4. 3 mafia and a non hostile 3rd party
5. Jacob, Karen and Kat

Anyone who posts at the beginning of game in the fashion that Dolby did usually do so regardless of alignment.

I know that, but the person who starts things off could so easily be using it to their advantage, like I said.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that it makes them look confident. Like, they're willing to make that first move, and people are gonna assume they're trustworthy because of that.

I lowkey feel like Dolby is just super passionate about mafia and rushes in for every game but I see what you mean. Last game I was pretty sus on him because he kept pulling for zendel D1 (who turned out to be maf). If he's right again this game it could be a huge advantage for us but def keep a close eye on him anyway in the case he is maf but for now he seems like regular Dolby to me

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also regarding Dolby/glow interaction I don't really have any coherent thoughts about it yet. Seems like it was built up from a misunderstanding. My impression of glow is that she coasts through really well, this happened in a game a few months ago where she was mafia (I'll look for the game when I'm on desktop). For this reason, I believe glow wouldn't draw attention to herself like that if she were mafia, but then again this can hardly be called attention when its some small d1 banter.

tldr; I spy discrepancies between glow rn and glow as mafia in a game a while ago

yeah the dolby/glow exchange was sort of awkward to read hence probably real rather than forced, meaning that it's either a town vs maf or town vs town, slightly leaning to the latter as of now. although i'm pretty sure there was a game where dolby did that as well and completely fooled town so hmmm...

dolby, we have got them right where we want them

I know that, but the person who starts things off could so easily be using it to their advantage, like I said.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that it makes them look confident. Like, they're willing to make that first move, and people are gonna assume they're trustworthy because of that.
Oh for sure. It's important to not blindly trust players like Dolby just because they seem super comfortable. It's also important that you don't blindly scumread him for it either. He merely hasn't alignment told yet.
yeah the dolby/glow exchange was sort of awkward to read hence probably real rather than forced, meaning that it's either a town vs maf or town vs town, slightly leaning to the latter as of now. although i'm pretty sure there was a game where dolby did that as well and completely fooled town so hmmm...
This right here is precisely what I was telling town not to do. Dolby's especially fond of faking genuine interaction with his partners, and has procured no small number of victories off it. Of course, there's nothing to suggest either are mafia at this point, but don't lapse into thinking that if one is mafia, that makes the other any less likely to be mafia.

@KermitTea: In my experience, glow has a strong interactive mafia game. You must've caught her on a game where she just had less time to play. (Once again demonstrating that correlation does not necessarily mean causation)

@dolby, why did you feel the need to post the rqs first, if you were jetlagged you should have just let someone else do it lol.

Boo, reusing a rqs is boring imo.
just wondering, did you direct this question at dolby before or after you read the thread?

Tbh I was hoping there was more to get from Dolby's/glow's interaction but I read it as completely null. It was fighting over a misunderstanding, which of course both people are gonna back up their view regardless of allignment. As for it starting to begin with, agreeing with Abe that that says nothing when Dolby's involved lol.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Abe's point about two good players on maf intrigued me, so looked at the player list and I'd say we have 5 playing (Dolby, Cleb, Abe, me, glow). There's currently 15 players, so having one as maf makes sense, but I bet you another one is BN or something. Having two mafians in the top 3rd feels a little maf-sided imo. But I wouldnt be surprised if among this group its 3v1v1.

@f11 didn't like the activity in the thread, so I felt that I should try to more people to post with the RQS

- - - Post Merge - - -

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah, but RQS posting is my view is pretty much always non-alignment indicative. It certainly could be made by mafia, but it makes me no more or less likely to be mafia than anyone else

Hey, putting it out ther that I'm volunteering and going to celebrate my SAT score(1550!) so probably gonna post less than expected today

Back