• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Stringfish/golden trout spawn question

Krissi2197

wolf pack fanatic
Bells
Switch
4328-6962-9201
August Birthstone (Peridot)
Orange (Fruit)
New Horizons Token
Pink Hybrid Lily
Pink Hybrid Tulip
Pink Hybrid Rose
Apple (Fruit)
Yellow Candy
Cake
Small Mailbox
Yes I'm aware the stringfish is gone. I already caught it. It's just one of the examples I have.

So I'm terraforming the top part of my island on the third level however I dont want to mess with fish spawns. I have caught a stringfish in a pond leading to a waterfall on the top of my island (I know the trout spawns there but I havent gotten it yet).

My question is as long as theres SOME SORT OF POND on the top level of my island can I still get these spawns? I want to get rid of the waterfall and river and just make it a round pond. Does this still count and will I have a chance to catch a gold trout in this pond?

If that doesnt make sense let me know and I can try to clarify with photos.

No, a pond doesn't count. It has to be a river (meaning it's attached to a waterfall and eventually exits out into the ocean).

If you just have a closed pond, you'll only spawn things like carp, goldfish, minnows, etc.

I just ended up making a very round, pond-shaped river.

No, a pond doesn't count. It has to be a river (meaning it's attached to a waterfall and eventually exits out into the ocean).

If you just have a closed pond, you'll only spawn things like carp, goldfish, minnows, etc.

I just ended up making a very round, pond-shaped river.
Thank you so much!! I'll be sure to remember that when I'm rerouting then.

Back