• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Side Effects of NL

Its funny because I just got myself back onto a logical sleep pattern where I'd get up at 9 in the morning every day regardless of if I had to work or not.....and then....this game came out.......

*stays up til 1 am* *sets alarm for 9 am* *wakes up 3 hours before alarm goes off out of excitement and starts farming the ocean* Yep.

Haha I've definitely been waking up 2 or 3 hours before I need to every day to play New Leaf. This game will be the death of me. :D

I play fairly responsibly I guess. I did skip my workout yesterday because I was having too much fun playing. But it was just one day, I'll make up for it today.

I had a dream today that I was playing it and all there was on the beach was sharks and I woke up from the dream and got really mad because it wasn't real... :<

Also I have been waking up at 6 instead of 8 for school so I can lay in bed and play before I gotta get ready. My mom likes that. ;;

This morning while at work, there was a giant cricket on the floor crawling around. My first thought was to reach into my pocket and pull out a net. I then considered if my local museum wouldn't mind a new donation. The daydream promptly ended when a co-worker stomped on it.

I keep my 3DS in my desk so on lunch breaks I can catch fish and bugs that are only available at this time of day. Helps with not staying up so late catching things to where I'm losing sleep. :cool:

I had a dream today that I was playing it and all there was on the beach was sharks and I woke up from the dream and got really mad because it wasn't real... :<

Also I have been waking up at 6 instead of 8 for school so I can lay in bed and play before I gotta get ready. My mom likes that. ;;

Oh my god, I had a dream about New Leaf too! Well, it felt more like I nightmare. I barely remember it, it didn't make ANY sense at all but it was something about an error with the pears in my town and I was screaming and then the game went black and I could never play again because there was no fruit in my town... yeah...

Anyways, another side effect: neck pains! I've been playing New Leaf in my bed for the past three days with three pillows behind me for support, and let me tell you being in the same position for that long does some damage to your neck. UGH! It sucks!

Been making myself very simple quesadillas for dinner every night since I got my hands on New Leaf. Tortilla. Cheese. Frying pan. Done. Play New Leaf while quessadilla rests on my chest and I eat it; no hands! :p

I've just started playing - going through the questions with Rover right now. My tummy is rumbling and I don't even care. I really should go make dinner.... but I can't.

I don't have the game yet, but I have dreamed about it A LOT. Every time I dream, that I wake up, go outside my AC home, get my fishing rod, go fishing, go the island and stuff. When I wake up and find out I actually have to wait a while before I can actually do that, I get quite sad :c

Been making myself very simple quesadillas for dinner every night since I got my hands on New Leaf. Tortilla. Cheese. Frying pan. Done. Play New Leaf while quessadilla rests on my chest and I eat it; no hands! :p

Like a pro, hahahaha. Tried to do the food-in-lap, game-in-hand deal but made a mess. ;___;
Since the game came out I pretty much either work or play. No sleep, no in between. *twitch*

Same here, went to bed at 5 am too.
I was suppose to play for an hour or two and then do something else.
Spent most of my day improving my place :D

I have pretty much had a liquid diet the past 2 1/2 days. Just drinking tons of Jaimaica (Hibiscus tea) because I am too involved with the game to make myself anything to eat. As a result, one of my long 13 hour work days is today, and because I was playing AC all night, I didn't find anything worth while to bring for lunch and dinner in the small amount of time I have in the morning, so I brought 3 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches....and am hoping I won't starve by the time I get home around 10:30 P.M. THANKS AC! lol

Aaaaaaaaaaand I am pretty sure this process will repeat for tomorrow.

Back