• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Should I buy the Sims 3 or wait for the Sims 4?

I'm in the same situation.My computer is broken and I have watched so many videos on Sims 3 eps.I realy want to buy it and some expansion packs,but by then everyone will probably be moving on to Sims 4.

Sims 4 ain't looking good. It's sad too, because if you buy Sims 3 one thing I've realized is that some stores (Best Buy, Target, EB Games) seemed to have stopped re-stocking expansion packs for Sims 3.

I don't know what it means, but the Sims 4 isn't even being released to critics before it's released to the public. I'm not sure if they're going to try to get people to judge for theirselves, or if it's just... Well, I don't know.

I'm not saying let that determine your choice, as I'm a massive Sims fan and still intend on getting Sims 4, just... Interesting tidbit.

I would like the Sims 4 but considering all the things they're taking away... I don't know if I want to pay $50 for that. Maybe I'll torrent it eventually but Sims games don't run so well on Macs anyway.

It's very annoying last month you could get the ultimate sims 2 collection for free with Orgin but of course I missed out (PC)

I say go for Sims 3 for now.
I hear 4 is gorgeous, but it's gonna be a while for even the base game to come out.
Also, no babies or pools. Seriously.
I hear this is their way of adding it later through packs (they give some sort of other excuse about data space or something).
Sims 3 is addictive in my opinion, I say go for it :)

I say go for Sims 3 for now.
I hear 4 is gorgeous, but it's gonna be a while for even the base game to come out.
Also, no babies or pools. Seriously.
I hear this is their way of adding it later through packs (they give some sort of other excuse about data space or something).
Sims 3 is addictive in my opinion, I say go for it :)

There are still babies. But when the get older the skip the toddler stage and go to a child.
Which isn't a big deal since toddlers are useless anyways. It's the same thing as a baby, but they can play with toys.
And pools aren't a huge deal either. Seeing as sims 3 had a public area to go to the pool.
I'm assuming sims 4 will do this as well.
They'll add the ability to build pools later. As they've stated on blogs.

I would like the Sims 4 but considering all the things they're taking away... I don't know if I want to pay $50 for that. Maybe I'll torrent it eventually but Sims games don't run so well on Macs anyway.

It's not even going to be released for Macs right away so it's okay.

- - - Post Merge - - -

There are still babies. But when the get older the skip the toddler stage and go to a child.
Which isn't a big deal since toddlers are useless anyways. It's the same thing as a baby, but they can play with toys.
And pools aren't a huge deal either. Seeing as sims 3 had a public area to go to the pool.
I'm assuming sims 4 will do this as well.
They'll add the ability to build pools later. As they've stated on blogs.

Toddlers aren't useless to everyone.
Reminder that there are family oriented players and things like babies and toddlers hold more importance than rockets and cupcake makers.

There's a lot of focus on what the Sims 4 is lacking, which granted is a lot of "staple" features for the Sims franchise, but at some point they had to switch it up. EA is in the business of making money so change is required in their development mindset.

I'd say go for the Sims 4, try something new, why not? And get the Sims 3 once the prices drop. There was a huge sale earlier this summer, I managed to snag most of the expansion packs for less than $40.

If you can't get yourself around the idea of the missing features such as toddlers/pools, then maybe you shouldn't get the sims 4.

Also, I'm really confused about the pricing, when I check origin it says it's selling for $35.

Back