• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

seafood

Does sushi count? Also I really love salmon regardless of how it is prepared. Clams and scallops can be pretty good too!

okay so small story, as a kid i LOVED marine life (still do) and was obsessed with going to aquariums. so one day i pledged to myself id never eat a fish or any other thing that comes from the sea, and i kept it up until i was 23.

so last year my girlfriend wants to make tilapia and begs me to just try it once, and i decide "why not?" and surprise surprise, i end up liking it. so through the year ive been trying different things (shrimp, crab cakes, salmon) to see what ive been missing lol
Post automatically merged:

i LOVE the taste of shrimp but i cant get over the texture it has, it makes my skin crawl. but ive had success with breaded shrimp

my girlfriend and i are planning to go to a seafood restaurant when its safe to
Post automatically merged:

oh and the SMELL. i HATE the smell of fish baking/being grilled, i dont know what it is about it but i want to wretch every time she makes something for me

also a small funny fact, i used to think hush puppies had fish in them because they came with captain d's, it was only about four years ago that my grandpa told me that it doesnt have anything to do with seafood. been hooked on them ever since lol

Last edited:
I love pretty much all types of cooked seafood but I try to avoid eating lobster and crab because I feel bad they're boiled alive ;-;

Not a huge fan of sushi (except vegetarian sushi) because I don't like the idea of eating raw fish (or raw any sort of meat)

as the title suggests I'm interested in what people's opinions on seafood are :)

I live in a country where seafood is a Huge thing and I absolutely cannot stand it aside from white fish and (very) occasionally crab

does anyone else have a similar situation? do you love seafood but it's not widely available in your area?? is seafood not really a thing where you live? have you never tried seafood? what are your favourite/least favourite types??

Absolutely cannot stand seafood! ew! All seafood can go straight out the window for me, but I occasionally eat salmon for the health benefits, very little and covered with lemon.

i love seafood but I can’t eat it at my house because my mom is unfortunately allergic to shellfish

I do not like seafood really at all. I've tried a few things like catfish and shrimp and it was okay but nothing I'd try again. Octopus was an experience. 😬 I really want to go to Japan someday and I do worry my aversion will make eating local cuisine a challenge. But vegetarian and vegan food is growing a lot there so I'm hopeful.

I'm one of the few people who really likes seafood, in particular prawns/shrimps and lobster which I'd constantly eat if I could, also really like mussels but I don't eat them as often. I don't really like plain fish (I'd probably eat cod if I was desperate but dislike the taste of any other fish) and I don't eat much meat anymore other then chicken (don't like ham or pork and due to a paralysed stomach I can't digest red meat) so it only really leaves me with seafood when I want something that isn't meat-free

Back