• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Scariest/creepiest things in the games?

The fact that porter's driving the train while also inside the station.
i think that's just their title, not an actual name. there are many porters.

p?rtər

noun: porter; plural noun: porters

1.) a person employed to carry luggage and other loads, especially in a railroad station, airport, or hotel.

The white noise on the TV late at night... Oddly I find the white noise itself creepier than the alien message.

When I was a kid I found K.K. Song creepy just because of how out-of-place it seemed compared to other KK songs. Not so creepy now that I know it's Totaka's song, but back then it always felt like there was something off-putting about it.

i think that's just their title, not an actual name. there are many porters.

p?rtər

noun: porter; plural noun: porters

1.) a person employed to carry luggage and other loads, especially in a railroad station, airport, or hotel.

But that's STILL SCARY. They're all clones of eachother then..

But that's STILL SCARY. They're all clones of eachother then..
tell that to champ!

Champ.jpg

I remember from when I was little that I was super afraid of roaming in the night in AC:WW when shrunk was visiting cause he was just so creepy in the night and when I would bump into him I would immediately close my ds xD

ahhhhh 'the truth about animal crossing'!! i read that years ago and it was really well done!

although, i think the scariest things in the games is some of the hourly music, especially the ones that play at night that just sound either ominous or just out of place x__x

I agree with this one! and the fact that no one is awake during 3am-4am and it's like your walking around in a ghost town x-x

idk i personally find the idea of gyroids really creepy because they're based off of haniwa which were clay figures that were buried with the dead in Japan between the 3rd and 6th centuries. when you dig one up you're disturbing a grave ;___; plus their faces are just so... hollow and emotionless it's kinda creepy

Here's something to haunt your nightmares forever - I reckon that the sounds the gyroids make are the final sounds of the person they were buried with. Enjoy your day!

No eyes-mouth glitch from GCN but why is it okay if say Coco has no eyes/mouth? Idk. Double standards I guess lol

Animal Crossing: Population Growing's 11 PM music. Not that scary, but a bit creepy.

K.K. Dirge. I've heard that a dirge is a term used at funerals. The live performance is alright, but the aircheck is just scary.

Terrible Secret of Animal Crossing? Ah, that brings back memories. A nice Wild World-era story. I first read it back in 2012, when my Animal Crossing addiction had started. Even though I was only 11 at the time of reading it, it didn't scare me. I gotta get to reading it again. I hope somebody could remake it in City Folk. (Why CF? Because Population Growing has Penny in it, making her less of a mysterious missing villager, plus it would be hard to pull off the part where
Billy loses his eye. (Unless you did it with bee stings)
and New Leaf is too bright and cheery. Also, it's already been done in Wild World, duh.)

Last edited:
Here's something to haunt your nightmares forever - I reckon that the sounds the gyroids make are the final sounds of the person they were buried with. Enjoy your day!

I have no idea what kind of person would make most of the gyroid sounds

- - - Post Merge - - -

But then the Brewstoids...

Those are made from people that let their coffee get cold.

Animal Crossing: Population Growing's 11 PM music. Not that scary, but a bit creepy.

K.K. Dirge. I've heard that a dirge is a term used at funerals. The live performance is alright, but the aircheck is just scary.

Terrible Secret of Animal Crossing? Ah, that brings back memories. A nice Wild World-era story. I first read it back in 2012, when my Animal Crossing addiction had started. Even though I was only 11 at the time of reading it, it didn't scare me. I gotta get to reading it again. I hope somebody could remake it in City Folk. (Why CF? Because Population Growing has Penny in it, making her less of a mysterious missing villager, plus it would be hard to pull off the part where
Billy loses his eye. (Unless you did it with bee stings)
and New Leaf is too bright and cheery. Also, it's already been done in Wild World, duh.)
Oh my gosh, K.K. Dirge is awful. I never want to hear it again x_x

UGH
Coco scares the living anything out of me!

Also, I was walking around my town in City Folk, and my first encounter with a tarantula occurred...

UGH
Coco scares the living anything out of me!

Also, I was walking around my town in City Folk, and my first encounter with a tarantula occurred...

W-what happened? I haven't run into any tarantulas/scorpions yet..

Definitely this K.K. Dirge song as well as that sound the bees make when they get you. Also, Gyroids... Doesn't stop me from collecting them, though :rolleyes:

It doesn't look like anyone's talked about this...but tarantulas are really damned scary.

Was just minding my own business, catching bugs with my net when suddenly one leaps out from behind my tulips and attacks me! This giant black spider gets on top of my head...my villager passes out and I woke up in front of my house dazed and confused -_-

Honestly, when I Animal Crossing first came out on the NGC, I was in middle school, Blanca and Tabby really creeped me out.

Back